Do you only read stories that are marked complete?

I prefer reading ongoing stories to give feedback to the authors who are still writing, but I’d obviously read even a completed story if it seems good enough. Also, it’s fundamental the author replies to my feedback for me to keep going, otherwise I move on - or fall silent, if I really want to finish reading

2 Likes

I’ll read whatever

1 Like

I never read completed works because they’re often the ones with all the votes and comments already.

I stick to reading recently updated works with few votes and reads. The authors tend to be much more appreciative of your effort and time, and it feels like I’m making more of a contribution with my feedback.

2 Likes

I check the last update’s time - if the story is on hiatus, then I probably won’t start to read it. But if it is clearly an ongoing story with decent updates, then I am totally in, I love to follow the story in “real-time”, waiting for the new chapter what will happen and leaving feedbacks as the story evolves.

But i also love to read completed stories as well, knowing there will be an ending, no matter what :smiley: It can be a great story and I don’t wanna miss great stories :smiley:

2 Likes

I read stories that aren’t completed if they’re being regularly updated. It can be annoying though because I’m always reading a book so if I finish a story that’s not complete, I’ll continue reading another story, and then if it’s not updated in a while, I tend to have forgotten what’s happened.

2 Likes

Sometimes I’ll read a story that hasn’t been uploaded in a while if it has a lot of chapters, but it’s kind of like torture because you get really into it and then it’s not finished

4 Likes

I actually prefer reading stories from early stages to the end when it comes to reading on wattpad.

1 Like

I only read novels by my friends, so it doesn’t matter if it’s complete or ongoing.

1 Like