Do you pay for stories on Wattpad? [POLL]

I’ve seen some topics on this question and I thought it would be fun to put together a poll, don’t you think? Come vote or leave your opinion below!

Do you use the coin option on Wattpad to pay for stories?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

If not, why?

• I don’t have the money
  • I only use Wattpad for fun and free stories
  • Not available in my area
  • Other

0 voters

Most people here on the clubs are writers (already screwed sampling) that don’t even read on Wattpad in the first place.

Might want to consider doing this as a full on project that targets readers on the site.

13 Likes

I wish I could, but I’m only a member so I can’t create a survey for the site. Sadly.

1 Like

True. It wouldn’t hurt asking for polls like this (as a Wattpad feedback), though.

1 Like

Yeah. I doubt Wattpad would go for it, though, they have the analytics that tells them how many people buy stories.

6 Likes

So, i voted yes, because I am planning on paying for stories, just not right now. None of the current stories there now interested me, especially since I have plenty of things in my archive and library I am interested in reading. But one author I already read for will be joining the program soon, so i will be buying stories then.

7 Likes

These results are interesting! I didn’t think the No would be so high.

6 Likes

Honestly, after all my experience, it doesn’t surprise me.

1 Like

Oh really? I assumed more people paid for stories just by how Nick and the other staff members talked. :joy:

It doesn’t surprise me, but I think that’s more a reflection of writers on here. From what Nick said about the program, it sounds like a lot of readers did end up purchasing coins.

For me personally, I got coins so that I could support specific stories that are soon to be added to the program.

1 Like

Nope, nope, and nope. Most the stories that are paid for I can tell if it is what I like to read with the free snippet. The real stories are the hidden gems.

7 Likes

Well it’s okay important to understand what @saintc said. This is a very small portion of the Wattpad site and heavily populated by writers.

However, many people have pushed for tipping over Paid Stories.

5 Likes

Is that why it didn’t surprise you?

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what others have said too. I didn’t consider that it’s writers who occupy the threads.

Yes. I’ve seen a lot of writers ask for tipping instead.

1 Like

I’d rather have tipping in addition to Paid, rather than instead of Paid.

7 Likes

That seems to be the consensus on this side of the site.

1 Like

I said no, because A) I don’t really have the money B) when I do I spend it on physical books ^~^""

So if a lot of those authors would publish their books, I’d be more likely to read it.

9 Likes

Do you mean they should take their work off Wattpad and try to traditionally publish it?

2 Likes

also remember, stats are screwy a bit, lol. Here, it’s mainly writers but at the same time this project, Next, is WP HQs idea and they want it to succeed. So they may word it in a way that makes it seems like it’s doing better then it really is. Not saying this in concrete, but just a note that biases are around

2 Likes