Do you read your fanfiction?

When I say this, I don’t mean reading it to find errors and such. I mean reading it to enjoy it, like reading it as if it weren’t your book. I do this a lot, especially with old completed books of mine. Like, being your own beta reader, I guess…? I just wanted to know if I was the only one who did this.

3 Likes

I’ve read my Les Miserables fanfic a ton of times because I think it’s so good. I’ve been reading my work in progress to try and keep track and see if it flows ok.

constantly lol

Yep. Whenever I try to fix it or upload it, I end up reading it and never get anywhere.

1 Like

Oh, gosh no. I feel like if I did, I’d want to delete it. :sweat_smile:

Usually after I let it sit for awhile. Then I can come at it like a fresh reader.

Some of them. I was really tried once when browsing through AO3 and clicked on a fic that sounded interesting. I was halfway through it before realizing it was mine. :joy:

1 Like

Wrote a fanfiction years ago. Do I read it? Oh hell no, lol. It was SO bad

of course lols, it’s how i find errors
also my fic can be interesting at times even

Yes, I can reread myself to get into it again x)
Also, after a long amount of time, I forget most of what I wrote, so I can easily enjoy reading it again !

I think… enjoying your own books is the first step on having the other loving them too :wink:

Usually I find my old books pretty entertaining, even if they aren’t the greatest things on the planet they’re passable, and its clear how much passion is on the page :slight_smile: It’s honestly kinda fun

Yes definitely
I have a habit of reading my fanfictions especially the one I’m writing at the moment

Heck yeah, all the time. My fanfics have all the tropes I like and precisely in the form I like them. And it’s uncanny how the funny bits are tailored to my sense of humour.

3 Likes

i’m so glad i’m not the only person who does this dsflf mostly i read my oneshots about certain situations, or i’ll re-read certain chapters that i’m thinking about.

Yes, but I usually do it to either check something or fix something and sometimes I get caught up and just read a couple of chapters before I remember that I wasn’t supposed to. lol.