Drop your urban fiction here

Not urban fantasy. Urban fiction. Books about POC (preferably black people) in urban settings. Thanks!

hi! i’m tessa miyazaki, fellow POC (asian, as you can probably tell); i’ve written a story about a korean-american girl who moves to london to work at scotland yard (british police).
hope you enjoy it!

https://www.wattpad.com/story/155196229-chroma

❝ Criminals don’t stop on the Sabbath, much to our deep chagrin. ❞
Juliet Chai, Scotland Yard’s newest intern, didn’t expect her summer to go this way.
❝ Oh my god, Andrea, Tess is dead, I―I can’t―Oh my god, her body just fell out of Juliet’s locker and Juliet’s covered in blood. Oh my god, what do I do? ❞
stable job? check.
❝ Okay. Breathe. Can you hear me? In. Out. Okay. We’re coming. Tell me what’s going on. ❞
best friend (well, he’s a guy who kinda friendzoned her but not)? check.
❝ Andrea, I―take the stairs, you’ll get here faster―why the hell is this happening to me? Why, why, oh my god, just get up here, now, I can’t stand here―I’m giving Juliet the phone. ❞
super cool team? check.
❝ Her body! Oh, god, it hit me, and I―I’m so bloody, this can’t be happening―it just came out of my locker and―it just―bam, like―this wasn’t supposed to happen! ❞
what she didn’t expect: to find her murdered boss in her locker.

E            R              R             O           R         .

❝ Truth. Always the cold, hard truth. Even if it hurts like hell. ❞

1 Like

My story is called “Kennedy’s Story”. It’s new, please check it out. It is about a 19 year-old girl who is a stripper and is pregnant. Mostly a coming of age story with a little drama.

Thank you!

“Give a woman pain and she’ll turn it into power. Give that woman chaos and she’ll create peace.”
- r.h. Sins
After the death of her father, Mahliah has to cope with a lifestyle she never claims. Looking for a “proper” way to get out of the illegal chain, she stumbles upon Odell Valentine, the son of the man who set-up her father.
The%20Pressure

Maybe you’ll be interested in mine? :slight_smile:

Wattpad_Air_Born_Cover_2

(Highest ranking #1 in elementmagic)

When a monstrous beast chases seventeen-year-old Orion Candor into the woods, she discovers why she has her “unexplainable” powers. Her mother is a sorceress, who has kept Orion’s true identity a secret. After learning why, Orion escapes her human life for Isoria Academy, an elite foreign school for sorcery. It’s a world brimming with enchantments and magical creatures.

But when she discovers her mother’s notes in a secret room, she stumbles upon a sinister family past. They lead to her deceased grandmother, Cordova, who had a poor reputation in Isoria - and who was the prime enemy of Isoria’s malicious king. Cordova hid something from the king. He wants it back. And now, with Cordova gone, her enemies are after Orion’s mother. But Orion learns about an Isorian legend of a powerful, yet consequential scepter, which could be valuable, dangerous, or both.

With foes following her every move, Orion must decide if unraveling her family’s past is worth endangering her and her mother’s life, or risk losing what Cordova sacrificed everything for.

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/165654709-air-born

Nick returns home from college to his old neighbourhood and is quickly sucked back into a world where drugs, all-night parties, casual sex and crime are the norm. As he struggles to cope with depression and a growing sense of alienation he finds himself drawn to his enigmatic best-friend Terry, an amoral criminal dealing with a misanthropic worldview.

Over the next fortnight he finds himself drawn into a dark web of violence, drugs and revenge that explodes in an act of shocking violence on a Halloween night that no-one involved will ever forget.

https://www.wattpad.com/story/178042077-bright-midnight

…this isn’t urban fiction.