EFCDT! Battle Thread - I

discussion

Welcome to the EFCDT! A thread made BY fantasy writers, FOR fantasy writers!

The EFCDT is a tournament that is held every three(3) months, starting in January every year. This marks the four months of January, April, July, and October!

Once a character is entered, their skills, their will, and even their fortitude will be tested against many other amazing characters from other authors. Let loose, show us what you’ve got, and make yourself proud!

Every EFCDT Has:

• A Power Level
  • A Special Rule
  • A Map
  • A Victor!
A Power Level is the standard level of power any participant will have, It’s what mods use to nerf your character or buff them to make sure that they are well TAILORED to the round and provide a FAIR FIGHT

A Map means that for every round the place where all the battles will unfold and all unique details are described for all the players - such as vehicles, map-based weapons. The setting certainly contributes to the battles that will unfold and is definitely not just for aesthetics. When a battle occurs there is a chance that both players will experience a hazard in the environment that they are fighting in. Such as rising lava, falling rocks or even random magic fluxes!

A Special Rule is required for the fun of every match, It mainly affects what characters you submit based on theme or battle conditions. For example the special rule might be “Mages Only” this would mean your character submitted should depend on magic skill over physical abilities - the classic rpg mage. A special rule could also be “Villains” that would mean only Villains should be submitted.

Lastly we have a Victor! Of course, this is a tournament, and through glorious battle one character will claim the title of Victor by defeating all their opponents up to the finals. That Victor will be added to the Glory Hall and posted on the front of the EFCDT thread. They’ve earned it!

Some more information is necessary, however.

The first two weeks of the starting month are known as the submission period - as long as there is a minimum of 10 characters by the end of those two weeks, the submission period will end and no more submissions will be accepted.

The period known as the review period begins when the first form is submitted and ends when all forms are fully reviewed. Please note that only COMPLETE forms are accepted, and thus, only COMPLETE forms should be submitted.

Once the review period ends the Tournament finally begins! The stage is introduced, the map is revealed with all its information, and all players are spawned and paired with their opponents! Across the map, players will experience different Map benefits. If you’re lucky enough, that stage might even be a team tournament!

Once the game begins players/teams will battle each other until three or four players/teams remain. Once this number is achieved, the Siege Boss Mission will occur.

The Siege Boss is a powerful being, storngert than any player, so the only hope of beting such a powerful being is to work together! Players will work together, and if unfortunate enough some might even die. This comes with certain regulations:

1. If only one player survives, then they are the victor.
  2. If all players die, the boss is the victor.
  3. Surviving players, if more than one, will move on to continue fighting for victory!

Founder

@LxOxGxIxA

Mod Team

@LxOxGxIxA
@MistickMage
@TheTrueTerrydactyl
@GrouchyPotato

Honorary Mentions

@Crimson_Scythe
@ImperialSun
@blue_jay

Rules!

When interacting with people here, be friendly, be courteous, or say nothing at all. Toxic and/or offensive behaviour will not be tolerated. Love thy neighbour, if someone has dared to invalidate you, inform a mod, do not counter-attack. Each player is only allowed one submission during the submission week of the given starter month. Alts are not allowed to play. Players are to submit complete forms only as they are intended to be addressed immediately, any incomplete form is invalid. Players may not submit forms past the submission period, at all. Players will discuss battle with their opponents, then the mods will ask questions if any, about the characters. After this period of information gathering, the conclusion of the fight is made and the battle is written - there are no challenges to the battle scene. Given that all the necessary information should be provided on the form or during questioning, the battle scenes are never revisited. If you lose your match, be civil about it and remember its nothing personal, it’s just for fun. I’m sure they’ll do great anyway!

Map Rules!

Players who spawn in a certain benefit area will be granted the stated benefit - a benefit may be a vehicle or even a weapon. When spawned players are paired with one another, this is not done based on who is closest but is actually random. The map will visualize benefit areas, spawn zones and important landmarks. For every round of battles completed, another fantasy day shall pass. Some maps have time-gated events that happen after a certain amount of fantasy days have passed. This may be another benefit. To make things fair, after every battle players are respawned at a different location randomly - meaning you might just end up back where you were before anyway. Maps will always have a plot, every now and then between battles every player is given an NPC quest to complete which will contribute to the plot. NPC quests vary in number at different spawn locations.

Siege Rules!

Deeper into the match a special NPC quest is usually given to the last four remaining players. This quest will always involve a coordinated attack on an enemy fortress of some kind, of all the cryptids in an armed fortress there will always be a Siege Boss. A siege boss is stronger than each individual player, so teamwork is KEY! Try not to die here.

Victory Rules!

To achieve victory, a character has more than one choice. Other than simply destroying the opponent, a challenger may also seal the opponent using magic or even stealing their body! To be clear, a victory is achieved when the opponent is unable to pose a threat to a challenger any longer.

Mod Rules!

Mods are to be respectful(No name calling, No personal attacks) and professional towards all players, even if said player is not showing respect. This is because a mod withholds the power to remove any player from the tournament because of misconduct. When addressing the power level a mod must communicate with the author of the character in question, unless specifically requested by the author themselves. Mods reserve the right to extend the submission period in an emergency. Mods reserve the right to play in the game as well.

Founder Rules!

As the founder, all mod rules apply to myself save for a few exceptions. As the founder, when management decisions are being made and a tied vote is reached the founder is the deciding factor. In battle, players are only allowed one submission, however, as the founder, I may submit a character at any time to stabilize the tournament and I may do so repeatedly. The founder’s characters may not achieve victory, as the character submitted will forfeit the final match or sacrifice themselves during the Siege Boss Battle - however, the community may vote to force the founder to fight in the finals. As the founder, if any round manager is unable to fulfil battle writing then the duty falls upon me entirely to reassign or do it myself.

Submission Template!

Description: Tell us all about the character.

Appearance: Give us an idea of what the character looks like.

Weapons: What weapons do they use or carry?

Armour: What kind of armours did they bring?

Tools/Consumables: What useful stuff did they bring? You can have 5 tools and 10 consumables at the round’s power level.

Abilities: What kind of fantastic abilities do they possess?

Base Data: Give us a good idea of the character’s physical abilities.

Fighting Style: How do they go about battling?

Quotes: Optional, but keep the trash talk here and out of the chat.

Example Submission!!

Some of my favorite chill music. ^.^ I change it every now and then

EFCDT Needs More Mods!
EBG chat area ~ 13th series ~ (Terry Edition! Huzzah I'm included!)
I Need A Few Good Fantasy Writers!
Beginner Fantasy Writers Chat

~Officially Tagging The Mods

@LxOxGxIxA
@MistickMage
@blue_jay
@ImperialSun
@TheTrueTerrydactyl
@BookRyt

Special Rule: Gunslingers!

Any character that specializes in guns - and perhaps pure badassery - can play on this round. So get locked and loaded!

Power Level: Low

Above average humans with special abilities. Damage up to destroying a small boulder and proportional defense are allowed. Of course though, all other capabilities on the form will affect these.

Map: Wynter Snowlands

This heavily snowed land is home to important places in history, such as the Betrayal of Crossing and The Ruins of the Kingdom of Wynter. Natives have made a living in the areas surrounding the ruins of the kingdom, so there are quite a few civilians to see. Beware though! Monsters lurk about.

Welcome, welcome! This marks the official submission period of the test round - first round - of the Epic Fantasy Character Death Tournament. For the next ?(undefined) days the submission period will remain open.

Don’t forget to read the first page!
Submissions for the test round limited to eight!

EEEY FIRSTIE THIRSTY

I’m going to take my time and read the rules now :smile:

Note that I won’t be here for a while, so I won’t really be able to respond to submitters until tomorrow. Hopefully a mod would be on or something - but given how things are I doubt that atm.

:warning: New Mods Needed

• Writing Assistance Mods
  • General Mods
  • Creative Team Mods

Oh my, what is this? Is this EBG’s replacement?

No it’s a derived concept. EBG is still alive and kicking. And I’m still an EBG mod

This sounds interesting! How do I sign up?

Just submit a character form :smile:

To make things easier I will release an example form.

I see. I’d try this out but I have no gun-wielding characters. :slightly_frowning_face:

Guess I’ll wait until the next round!

raises hand for Creative Team Mods

Well its.not that strict.don’t you have anything close?

Um. An archer, maybe?

I guess that works lol, I’d accept it.

Since were only accepting complete forms, it’s fine to give some foreshadowing.

Just.know.it.doesn’t reserve a spot.

realizes most of my archers are OP

Welp, back to the drawing board. I need more weak human characters anyway; I’ve too many on god-level already. :laughing:

M’kay. I might just wait and see how this all plays out.

I’m down

I can’t see the conditions.

What do you mean? Screenshot?