Elementary

Anyone here watch that? I started watching that last night and am liking the spin on Sherlock so far. Enjoying the crime solving aspect of it too. Am a sucker for those sorta shows. Surprised I never discovered it sooner.

YESSS!!! Finally someone!!! I’ve been trying to get my friends to watch it for ages ( none of them agreed )
I also really like Dr. House, he’s literally the Sherlock of medicine… Oh and Scorpion is great too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I like House too. I need to watch more. :slight_smile:

Scorpion, heard of that.

I think Joan and Sherlock are great.

1 Like

Think you’d like Scorpion, it’s another socially awkward genius solving mysteries.
I used to really wish Joan and Sherlock would get together when I first started watching, but then completely changed my mind.

1 Like

:slight_smile: Yay!!

Yeah, I see why. (Still watching it)

I caught the first twemty minutes of episode 1 but it was only in Spanish and I didn’t like the guy dubbing for JLM. They’re always so overdramatic with the inflection and it is so weird to listen to. I can’t find an English version anywhere.

1 Like

Was he too annoying?

Amazon Prime has it.

It was too dramatic. Spanish narrators tend to use, for lack of a better term, a bedroom voice or that movie announcer voice and it brings me right out of the story because they’re overdoing the dialogue.

1 Like

Wow, yeah. That sucks. If it’s not a Telenovela.

I think I’ll give it a try. A friend had been suggesting it for a while. I really liked Sherlock with Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman and honestly I just figured it couldn’t compare.

1 Like

Yeah, well no harm in trying.

Yeah. I can get that kind of style of narrating/speaking with telenovelas. That’s expected of them but I think it has a lot to do with the habit of the voice actors talking that way from telenovelas. They probably don’t realize it translates poorly to regular non telenovela shows. Lol

1 Like

Yeah, old habits die hard.