Elite Reads: Suggestions & Requests

The Elite Awards recently dug up some of the best hidden gems Wattpad has to offer.

If you’re looking for a few amazing stories to add to your reading list, then check these out! Here are some of Wattpad’s best hidden gems.

(Story requests for my personal reading list at the bottom. Please only submit your story if it applies to what I’m looking for.)

Teen Fiction / New Adult
Winner: However Long the Night by @Amyclg
Runner-Up: A Darkness of Wolves by @tidalbay

Fanfiction
Winner: Eternity’s Dime by @LigerCat
Runner-Up: Astral Genealogy by @SGMijumaru

Science Fiction / Fantasy
Winner: The Liminali by @cjtruz
Runner-Up: The Ephemeral by @gtgrandom

Paranormal
Winner: Renegade by @PaulaPespo
Runner-Up: Beneath the Vaults by @AmyMarieZ

Action / Adventure
Winner: Corvus by @amandamaedowney
Runner-Up: The Sceptor of Tamido by @TheTigerWriter

Chicklit / Romance
Winner: All Roads Lead Home by @witchoria
Runner-Up: Undergrounder by @JE-Glass

Mystery/Thriller
Winner: Reikon by @Raykon16
Runner-Up: All the Lights are On by @ACertainCrimsonFox

The overall best pick was However Long the Night by @Amyclg!

Requests: I’m always looking to build my personal reading lists, and would love to read a strong fantasy piece or something in the realm of paranormal. I prefer completed works, and those with a mature audience in mind (i.e. well-edited, correct use of grammar and a range of vocabulary). Mature themes welcome.

19 Likes

I have an LGBT fantasy romance that’s well-edited. It’s not complete on Wattpad, but I have finished it offline and update every week. I hope you enjoy it!

Sun And Shadow

Goofy boys guard sheep and fail catastrophically to communicate in pseudo-ancient Greece: a romcom.

It’s not fun to be the twin brother of the most beautiful woman in the world. Lysandros, junior Prince of Chaldis, could tell you that much. It’s even less fun when when an arrogant warrior comes seeking Phoibe’s hand and decides to cozy up to him to get it.

But when Niketas turns out to be a suspiciously more-than-alright fella who grows on him like mold? That’s probably an appropriate time to stop talking about fun and start shaking his fist at the gods, because what else can you do in the face of fate and glory?

If you like sunny stories, semi-accurate Greek mythology rehashed beyond all hope, or characters desperately trying to comprehend one another, this is the novella for you!

Sun And Shadow is already fully written and will be updated weekly. You can find it at https://www.wattpad.com/story/187403995-sun-and-shadow

Since she was a young girl working in her mother’s dress shop, Sylvia had been warned never to show anyone her “talents”: the peculiar ability to conjure living things from her embroidery. But when the Blitz strikes London, she is sent away from the city to her mother’s hometown in the Devon countryside. There, she encounters the wild Dartmoor woodlands for the first time and is immediately drawn to them. Upon entering the woods, she finds herself abducted by Der Erlkönig, the supernatural king of German myth, who insists that her family owes him a great debt. Trapping her in the Underwood, a parallel world of spirits and monsters, Sylvia must use her skills as a seamstress to settle the matter. For years she toils under the single-minded hope of returning home, until she meets Sasha, the King’s gamekeeper, a Ukrainian huntress seeking refuge from the Soviet Union. As the two women become closer, Sylvia finds herself ensnared, not only by her family’s debt, but by her ever-increasing feelings for Sasha. The more entwined their lives become, the more Sylvia’s “talents” slip from her control. It isn’t long before she breaks her mother’s rule, accidentally revealing her abilities to the King, who offers her an opportunity to use them in settling the debt.

https://www.wattpad.com/story/166914741-into-the-underwood

Hi! I think you’d be interested in a strong completed fantasy romance novel ^-^
The ad is clickable :slight_smile:

I have a new adult fantasy and I’ve been getting a lot of positive feedback. It’s super unique if you think it is up your alley

It’s on its last 3 chapters now and will be completed on Saturday ^^

The UnTitled

UnTitledAdvert

Hi! First, congrats to the winners! Especial congrats to my friend @witchoria !!

So I have a completed story that falls under chicklit/contemporary romance. Not paranormal, but it has lots of mature theme and is intended for 18+ audience for the nature of the plot. In any case, hope it calls your attention. ^^

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing these! It’s always really cool to see some awards winners. I’ll have to check them out!

You could take a look at my story. It’s a completed fantasy meant for older teenagers/adults. I try not to be too graphic, but there are some heavy themes dealt with as the story progresses. And it’s been edited :slight_smile:

https://www.wattpad.com/story/166762806-bearheart

Far in the Frozen North live the Rogalanders, the so-called “bear-people.” Every year, the devout who are coming of age receive a tattoo - a Mark of Endil, which reveals to its bearer the destiny that the gods wrote for them.

The day of Hala Freylisdotter’s Marking, originally supposed to bring with it joy and celebration, is ruined by an unexpected murder. The subsequent arrival of a bloody woman from a rival nation forces Hala to choose between the safety of home and the promise of glory for fulfilling her fate. She and her friends embark on a cross-continental mission, during which they discover a conspiracy and are thrust into the dangerous underbelly of international politics.

In the face of betrayal and death, the young Rogalanders are forced to break old relationships, forge new bonds, and grapple with the answer to one question: how much are you willing to sacrifice to protect your country?

Added to the official Adventure profile’s “Fantastical Adventures” and official Romance profile’s “Worlds Apart” reading lists!

AHHHH @amandamaedowney I’m so happy for you! Congrats on the win! You are a goddess. A glorious female warrior.

2 Likes

I have a completed Teen-Fiction novella that has gone through several rounds of editing before its initial release! :blush:

gKaRK19

Title: The Red Ribbon

Genre: Teen-Fiction

Blurb: It’s the beginning of a new school year as elite junior Ravenna Griselda continues her reign of terror over the student body after the infamously traumatizing events of sophomore year. Thanks to the Inquisitors, an openly secret organization within the private school, Ravenna, alongside her puppets, begin to master the art of real-life chess. As the months progress, the Inquisitors grow not only smarter, but bolder as they take a leap over a dangerous line they’ve never crossed before. So when a revenge plan takes an unexpected turn, deep rooted secrets are suddenly spilled. Through betrayals, backlash, and intricate conspiracies, Ravenna only remains with one last question: which one of them is the real monster?

Link: https://my.w.tt/2JOoM7JIqY

I have a fantasy you might enjoy.

All her life, Saidy has only known two things: servitude to her slave master and the weight of a blade. Captured at a young age by a race of demons called oni, Saidy is forced to fight time and again against other slaves of the oni as their masters wager on who will win. Her desires of freedom were long abandoned until she meets a mysterious figure who inspires her to free herself from her master by any means possible. He promises her a new life, but never specifies freedom, and she finds herself trading one master for another. However, this new master holds a dark power that threatens the Northern Realm of Tallenhiem, and Saidy finds herself fetching a rare artifact for him to use in his lust for power.

Too late does she realize the weight her actions carry in the Northern Realm’s future. Which leads her to one burning question-what will she do with this revelation?
Fund out in The Dragon’s Valkyrie!

Oh my goodness @MMicheleWilly you’re gonna make me cry, sis. You’re so sweet :heart: Aiden brings home another win :cowboy_hat_face:

And thank you @CarsonFaircloth ! I highly reccomend Bearheart by @MMicheleWilly and The UnTitled by @LanaJoKing
Both amazing writers and in my opinion, two of Wattpad’s best hidden gems. Plus, they’re both lovely people!

3 Likes

You’re just too sweet :heart: :heart:

2 Likes

I have a dark fantasy romance. It is completed and involves mature themes, especially violence. It is well-edited. If this fits your standards, the ad is also clickable. :slight_smile:

Superimposed1565146282447

2 Likes

168978063-208-k283177

Hope Justice married her childhood friend, Cael Ryan. She was on top of the world until tragedy hit and her world was turned upside down.

She never thought she would ever have room in her heart for another man, let alone bad boy turned cop, Caleb Donovan.

Is it Cael himself that helped her move on? Can she make room for Caleb after a devastating tragedy?

This is a hot and steamy Christmas romance that tells how one girl’s life could be blessed enough to find true love twice in a lifetime.

A steamy Christmas story with a touch of the paranormal.

Link

This one isn’t completed and hasn’t been fully edited but it’s pretty good so far. I do, however, intend to do a huge amount of editing really soon so it should be really nice after that. I would love for you to check it out! Thank you!

Frozen Flame

This is book 1 of ‘the War of Fire and Ice’ chronicles.

An old age is setting, a new age is dawning…

The world of Fire and Ice has been at each other’s throats for centuries. As new rulers rise to power, the peace that has barely lasted between the two, looks as if it’s ready to break. A deathly secret, found deep within Ice, may be the deciding factor to the vicious battle ahead.
Thorn, a powerful soldier with a dark past, has been captured. Vowing to keep a secret that may decide the world’s fate, he experiences pain and torment. However, when his family gets involves, he realizes his choices may endanger their lives.
As each ruler fights to achieve their wishes, and Thorn’s family become more and more at risk, the inevitable war fast approaches. Death approaches.
And sometimes death is the only answer.

Genre: Fantasy (Epic/High and Dark) - Romance, Mystery, Thriller etc.
Ongoing - 1 prologue, 38 chapters
I hope you take the time to check out my story! :blush:
Imagination, dreams and reality become one … Sylvia Shadow

Enter the world of Fire and Ice here

Tolkien/The Hobbit fandom.
Completed, adult content.
This is the story of Dís, daughter of a long royal line and sister of Thorin Oakenshield.
We return to the Erebor after the great battle and follow the fate of our favourite dwarves up until Balin leaves for Moria.
Where she is right
WpTitelklein

Olivier has lived his entire life in a monastery located in the swamps of Louisiana, never permitted to leave its grounds. Growing up under the strict watch of the other monks, he knows nothing of the world beyond these stone walls.

But when a mysterious woman appears during a storm, the young monk must acknowledge a terrifying truth from his past.

https://www.wattpad.com/story/183558871-a-wolf-at-the-door

1 Like

So I can just… Drop my book here? :no_mouth:

Okay cool! :sunglasses:

Title: Assassin’s Realm

Summary

“Yes, My Lord.”
Three words left Torrent’s mouth and echoed grey against the stone castle walls that imprisoned her. Since childhood, she has been forced to hide behind servitude. But having witnessed a conspiracy threatening the survival of her king and his subjects, she can hide no longer. She must escape the cruelty of her captors, or allow the empire to crumble.

“Don’t scream.”
Raven is a cold hearted half-breed, a dangerous assassin that cuts silently through the dark nights of Evonheart. But from the blackness a sinister force rumbles. An army of beasts is amassing in the north and there’s no one to stand in their way.

Benevolence and brutality collide when Torrent comes face to chest with her murderer. Now she must convince Raven to spare her, rescue the king, and save the kingdom. Torrent holds proof of their uprising, and Raven holds her life in his callused hands.

:warning: Content Warning: Violence, Mental Instibility, Cruelty, A jerk face anti-hero who abuses the heroine (not the drug).

:warning: Trigger Warning: Violence against women, Death, Depression, Murder.

Link: https://my.w.tt/yzwLaEKDRZ

Temporary Cover:_20190831_212155

I’ve got a completed Fantasy story, if you like? My target audience is Middle Grade, but that’s no reason to have a book riddled with grammar and spelling mistakes. I try to have a maximum of two mistakes per chapter, and if anyone does spot one, I fix it as soon as possible.

BD

Blaze in the Darkness

High Fantasy

The death of the Beast Collector was the beginning of a new life for firefox kit Zanixa.

Sold to a werewolves as an illusion in a bottle, the pack is reluctant to take responsibility for the fox kit who is alone in the world. Now she’s freed after centuries of imprisonment, the pack’s resident vampire takes care of her.

Zanixa has other ideas than staying with them, though. She is eager to find her mother… if her mother is still alive. The world is a big, dangerous place for a young magical fox who knows nothing about werewolf wars, hungry rogues, or nature spirits.

Here’s the link.

@CarsonFaircloth Are you open to a mature rated romance with supernatural and fantasy elements?

This a horror with paranormal activity. It is a completed piece with a small sequel that I am hoping to post soon. Hope you would give it a try.
newproject_2_original

Whispered Hell
What do you do when when voices haunt you all through the eerie night?

What do you when beautifully intertwined promises are whispered into your ear like sweet nothings?

What do you do when she seems to worships your existence like the hypocritical worshiper she is?

What would Laura do when she is the one being preyed upon?

Dive in this new petrifying thrill which would hopefully give you shivers…

COMPLETED
https://www.wattpad.com/768179654-whispered-hell-1