Fantasy creatures as love interests - Who are your favorites?

discussion

Vampires and werewolves are often touted by many, but personally I’ve always been pretty big on elves. Though I suppose they scratch many of the same itches as vampires do? Being eternally young, often kinda snooty and all of that. Then, on the more niche side of things, I’ve also over the years developed a love for kelpies. At least on a conceptual level. Haven’t actually had a chance to read anything that scratches that itch yet, but the concept of naked, shapeshifting, man-beasts in lakes intrigues my dirty little heart…Which now that I say it out loud, does kinda bear a striking resemblance to werewolves.

How about you? Who are your favorites, and why? :y

I LOVE elves, mostly because of D&D and how it’s so fun to play a comic pompous jerk lol (but with a heart)

Vampires are also :ok_hand:t2::ok_hand:t2::ok_hand:t2: although I very rarely read vampire books

The story I’m writing right now features a werewolf/gnoll-type (huge, strong, canine-like face, big mane of hair) woman as the love interest and that’s been fun to write just because she’s so different than the traditional pretty love interests, fantasy creatures or not, that I’ve written before.

Ooof pompous jerk elves are the best elves- :heart:
And honestly, gnoll women are underappreciated. I remember doing a forum type rp once with someone playing one, and with the male character I was playing being a bit of a damsel in distress, it was a hilarious dynamic. :'D
At some point it somehow ended up with my guy in drag, trying to convince, guess what, a pompous elf, he was in a happy lesbian relationship with the gnoll lady. Aaaah, good times.

• Vampires
  • Demons
  • Angels
  • Elves

Why? Because there’s just something about the aforementioned creatures, be they male or female, that turn me into a gooey mess. :heart:

Oof, never been big on angels, but demons get to me :heart:

If you ever write this as a book I WILL READ THE HECK OUT OF IT

omfg :'D
As unlikely as that is given how off and on I am with writing, if I ever do I promise to tag you

Honestly rp stories are so great because they always go in such unexpected directions

Aaaah agreed. Though I’ve found myself more and more over the years just plotting out things with friends rather than roleplaying? It a bit more fast phased and just easier when you have the urge to do these kinda things, but easily get exhausted from writing.

Honestly, only vampires do it for me. Maybe it’s because of the blood-sucking thing.

Ohmy :stuck_out_tongue:
Naughty

I’m also a fan of plotting stories and then never writing them lol

Hehe. Always. :wink:
Pain in the best part~