Fantasy Writers Let's Talk (Version 54)

Dragons?

looks like a problem to me now, becayse it’s quite a mix

Eragon, technically Harry Potter is fantasy, Wings of Fire, Air Awakens, Alchemists of Loom…

I’ve never read the HP books. Just watched the movies.

Really? The books are a lot better, but I have to say that the movies did them a lot of justice, compared to other adaptations * cough cough, Eragon and Percy Jackson *

That’s probably why you said COG wasn’t that good. There are a few things you only know and understand from the books.

COG?

This is awesome. Came across it on Reddit.

9,790 votes and 132 comments so far on Reddit

Oh wow

Crimes of Grindelwald

Shows how awful I think it was by forgetting that movie. XD

I really like the Six of Crows duology. I also love Ember in the Ashes, it’s a series that’s ongoing right now, I think there’s three or four published so far, but it’s so cool i love it, the characters are awesome and the world is really unique and there’s some interesting mythology going on with it

I have no idea about those series at all. XD

The Percy Jackson movies are tragically bad, they destroyed them I was pissed. Like it wasn’t even mediocre like the hunger games movies or something it was actively awful

At least nothing can be as bad as Eragon. XD

XD. I can understand why some people say it doesn’t have much plot, but in my opinion, it was laying a basis for the rest of the films. Also, the whole Dumbledore/Grindelwald drama is a lot more significant if you’ve read the books. You can understand why Dumbledore saw what he saw in the Mirror of Erised, and realize the depth of that.

You should definitely check them out :smile: they’re some of the best fantasy I’ve read in a while

I KNOW!! totally different story.

I never saw Eragon bc I heard it was real bad

When I have time. Right now, I’m trying to get through A Dragon’s View by Gabby here on Wattpad (poor Gabby since I terrified her in one of my comments) XD and DOL books on Kindle by voif1d on WP.