Favorite foods and drinks (including pubs restaurants etc.)

food
random
drinks

Heading home in a bit over a month and a nice lump of sheep butt will be the first thing I get my hands on xP

Dying for any sort of red meat right now though. But I am basically on a pure chicken diet at the moment. Either fried chunks of it or whole roasted ones. Can’t be good for me but it’s the cheapest option and tastes acceptable

Late to the party it seems but what blend is that, out of interest?

I pay the bills by working as an assistant sommellier and could literally talk forever about food and drink.

One of the best things I’ve eaten recently has hands down got to be a smoked eel risotto with melon puree and melon flakes, dusted with grated botaga. Paired with a dry Austrian riesling. The lime went through the rich smoke, the minerality bounced off the aromatic melon. I’m in heaven just thinking about it

Oh gooood yes. Get that lamb. In yo belleeey!

For health reasons or just because it’s generally healthier?

Dessert. And currently obsessed with cake.

Like this one.

Or this one.

Or this.
Image result for japanese yam cheesecake hcafe

:drooling_face: omg

I’ve tried them all and I guarantee their taste. :wink:

I wish we had Costco in my country now :sob:

I don’t know if they still sell the cake because I haven’t been seeing it. The other cakes are from a Japanese cafe near me and La Rocca.

I live in Scotland right now and it’s so hard to find proper cake shops, you know? Unless you wanna pay an arm and a leg for it.

Yeesh! That sounds… uh, well, not someplace I’d like to live in. I’m sure there are things there that my country can’t compare with.

Hahaha, well we do have deepfried Mars bars. So we have that going for us :joy:

True. XD I’m pretty sure we have that too.

just dumping a photo of my aforementioned most recent favourite dish because now it’s on my mind and I want to eat it

39588936_1534972783298291_1343731482635534336_n

Château Léoville Las Cases is planted to 65% Cabernet Sauvignon 19% Merlot, 13% Cabernet Franc and 3% Petit Verdot. The blend changes each year based on the quality and quantity made from each of the varieties. As is the case with most great Bordeaux, the grape varieties are fermented separately, and then the best barrels of the separate varieties are blended the following spring to create what they call l’assemblage. The best of the wines not used for the primary wine are assembled to make a secondary wine, and the leftovers after that become a third wine. This process maintains the high quality of the Grand Vin de Léoville du Marquis de Las Cases. The 2016 was released three months ago at €180 per bottle ex-cellars Bordeaux.

Deepfried Mars bars? Really? I was sure that was a Scotland exclusive :joy:

Aha so proper proper Bordeaux. Sounds delightful, though I can’t say I’m familiar with the Chateau. Which AOC?

I’ve heard online that there was this place in Hamilton that had it… not sure how true it is.

The Scottish deffo invented it

Hamilton, US?

@Nevervane and they’re damn proud of it too! :fist: