Favorite H and h Combination in Romance!

Hi there! I’m super new to Wattpad, I had an account when I was in high school but I can’t get onto it anymore, so I just started a new one. Anyway! I wanted to start writing romance novels on here, not only for fun, but for feedback and to see how I can improve.
A thing that always interests me in Romance is the different Heroes and Heroines (or H/H or h/h, no discrimination here) people chose to romance each other. I was wondering what sort of pairing you Romance writers like the best!
My all time favorite pairing is the jaded Hero who falls in love with a cheerful Heroine who makes him look at the world with fresh eyes. That always hits me right in the feels.
What about you guys?

4 Likes

Jaded hero and cheerful heroine is so rarely done right, but I swear when it is it is A++++++ good shit. Just wonderful, bless.

I’m a sucker for a super cheerful, boisterous, maybe even oblivious or air-headed character paired with a more serious, but very deeply loving, loyal, and protective partner. You can add a lot of variation to that base dynamic but it is my number one go-to in romance lol.

1 Like

Badass + badass. It’s perfect because it makes badass x2, and I love that. Otherwise, I love gentle tall + chaotic small, and enemies/rivals-to-lovers.

5 Likes

I love two people who are utter badasses in different but complimentary ways. I’m not a huge enemies-to-lovers fan unless the reason they’re enemies at the start is societal (and not just a personal dislike or hatred). I like instant-click-friendship, shared common interests, and camaraderie that slowly turns to something deeper.

I’m also a big fan of full-cast-ensemble stories (I read and write a lot of fantasy) in which the couple is part of a bigger team fighting TheForcesOfEvil (or whatever). Badass H/H teammates/partners who kick butt and take names with their squad at their side is my ABSOLUTE favorite.

I love the Broken X Broken pair bonding. Look at the chemistry! :wink:

1 Like

I like to write mine where the male thinks he’s the strong one but in the end she was carrying him all along.

I like the ray of sunshine and the super grumpy one.