Favorite Quotes?

Do you have a quote you want to share? And you HAVE to say who wrote it!

A continuation of the thread started by @Sydney Adams3 and tended by @utopiandream60s

“Your beliefs don’t make you a better person, your behavior does.”
~~Sukhraj Dhillon

Your skin is not paper, don’t cut it.
Your face isn’t a mask, don’t hide it.
Your size isn’t a book, don’t judge it.
Your life is not a film, don’t end it.
Your story is an inspiration, be proud of it.
—Anonymous

“Siempre imaginé que el Paraíso sería algún tipo de biblioteca.” (I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library.) --Jorge Luis Borges

I can’t find where he said this (I tried searching), specifically, but the quote is commonly and widely credited to him.

They’ve promised that dreams can come true, but forget to mention that nightmares are dreams, too.
—Oscar Wilde (attributed)

There are so many ways you can interpret this.

truth%20like%20a%20lion

If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
—Haruki Murakami

Martin Luther King Jr.- “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.”

“Tu deber es luchar por el derecho; pero el día en que encuentras en conflicto el derecho con la justicia, lucha por la justicia” ~Couture

“Your duty is to fight for the law, but the day you find a conflict the law in conflict with justice, fight for justice.”

“They say that dreaming is free, but I wouldn’t care what it cost me.” - Hayley Williams/ Paramore

“Don’t be trapped in someone else’s dream.” - BTS

this might seem shallow or immature but this quote hits me so hard, especially bc where I come from, students don’t have freedom to pursue what they like and end up doing what their parents want them to do

My favorite quote of all time is a rather long one from Alan Moore’s graphic novel Watchmen.

"But the world is so full of people, so crowded with these miracles that they become commonplace and we forget… I forget. We gaze continually at the world and it grows dull in our perceptions. Yet seen from the another’s vantage point, as if new, it may still take our breath away. Come…dry your eyes. For you are life, rarer than a quark and unpredictable beyond the dreams of Heisenberg; the clay in which the forces that shape all things leave their fingerprints most clearly. Dry your eyes… and let’s go home.”

this quote is honestly so beautiful, it makes me want to read the book

DO READ IT. It will make you think, it was make you smile, it will make you question yourself, it will make you tear up, and you will not regret it.

If it is anything like your books, I will definitely read it :blush:

:blush::blush::blush::blush::heart:

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
Isaac Asimov

“I miss my life as a kid. Because when you’re a kid, you only feel toothaches, not heartbreaks.”

(not like i can relate, but sometimes i feel this way too except without the heartbreak part)

“The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother’s keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.” I been sayin’ that shit for years. And if you ever heard it, it meant your ass. I never really questioned what it meant. I thought it was just a cold-blooded thing to say to a motherfucker before you popped a cap in his ass. But I saw some shit this mornin’ made me think twice. Now I’m thinkin’: it could mean you’re the evil man. And I’m the righteous man. And Mr. .45 here, he’s the shepherd protecting my righteous ass in the valley of darkness. Or it could be you’re the righteous man and I’m the shepherd and it’s the world that’s evil and selfish. I’d like that. But that shit ain’t the truth. The truth is you’re the weak. And I’m the tyranny of evil men. But I’m tryin, Ringo. I’m tryin’ real hard to be the shepherd. --Jules, Pulp Fiction.