Favorite Quotes?

This is all a bit ‘motivational poster’

“I’d rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.”

One of my favourite quotes is from the Assassins Creed games:

To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic. - Ezio Auditore, Assassins Creed Revelations

What a wonderful quote!

Very profound.

“If you’re going through hell, keep going.” - Winston Churchill

Two from The Shawshank Redemption:

“I have to remind myself that some birds aren’t meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice. Still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they’re gone.”

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”

“Is ‘fat’ really the worst thing a human being can be? Is ‘fat’ worse than ‘vindictive’, ‘jealous’, ‘shallow’, ‘vain’, ‘boring’ or ‘cruel’? Not to me.”

― J.K. Rowling

Literally one of my favorite quotes because it’s so true. The person you are is far more important than how you appear physically.

“Two things are infinite - the universe and the human capacity for stupidity. And I’m not sure about the first.”

• Albert Einstein

“Don’t wear your wishbone were your backbone is.”

• I don’t remember

That movie is beautiful <3

“I really don’t want to say things such as ‘I want to go back as how things were before.’ I recognize how I am right now, and I will continue to live on.”
― Aya Kito
[Translated]

Aya Kito was an inspiring Japanese young woman who died because of an incurable degenerative disease. But before she did, she made a memoir that’s touched the lives of many to write about her life up until she died and urging others to never give up. It’s called 1 Liter of Tears, and I highly suggest looking at it briefly.

the more you weigh, the harder you are to kidnap. stay safe, eat cake.

“People don’t have ideas. Ideas have people.” - Carl Jung.

“True literature can exist only where it is created, not by diligent and trustworthy functionaries, but by madmen, hermits, heretics, dreamers, rebels, and sceptics.” - Yevgeny Zamyatin

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”

~Dr. Seuss

Always do right. It will gratify someone and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain

Be so busy improving yourself that you have no time to criticize others.- Mark Twain

Humdrum isn’t where you live; it’s what you are.
—Harold MacGrath

@ConvolutedConcepts I think this is the quote:

You’re wishin’ too much, baby. You gotta stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone oughtta be.

― Elizabeth Gilbert

Both the book and the movie are amazing, but I personally prefer the book.

@KaranSeraph

Well, a temple is not just a building; it’s also your head. Fill both with good books, and you have the keys to Wonderland.

—Fox-Trot-9