Favorite Quotes?

“A smile is a curve that sets everything straight”
Don’t know where it is from but made it my motto for years :slight_smile:

Also " On perd sa vie à vouloir la gagner, tu devrais y penser" from a French singer, something my dad used to sing me a lot. It translates to “We are loosing our lives trying to win it, you should stop and think about this”. The songs talks about a dad who never takes time with his family because of work and money and now has lost so many precious memories and moment he can’t have back.

When on door closes another door should open, if it doesnt then go in through the window

• Steve Jobs

There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap

• Cynthia Heimall

Speak to me, when all you got to keep is strong
Move along, move along like I know ya do
And even when your hope is gone
Move along, move along just to make it through
Move along
Move along

Move Along - All American Rejects

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal.

—Oscar Wilde

That’s my favorite as well. It speaks volume. :raised_hands:

“Bury me in the ocean with my ancestors that jumped from the ships because they knew death was better than bondage.” ~ Micheal B. Jordan - Black Panther

“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself with it, and it will never be used to hurt you.” ~ Tyrion Lannister - A Game Of Thrones

“We plan our lives according to a dream that came to us in our childhood, and we find that life alters our plans. And yet, at the end, from a rare height, we also see that our dream was our fate. It’s just that providence had other ideas as to how we would get there. Destiny plans a different route, or turns the dream around, as if it were a riddle, and fulfills the dream in ways we couldn’t have expected.”
~~Ben Okri

“Scars remind us where we’ve been. They don’t have to dictate where we’re going.”

David Rossi (Character, ‘Criminal Minds’)

The real is only the base, but it is the base.

—Wallace Stevens

Set some goals.
Keep quiet about them.
Smash the shit out of them.
Clap for your damn self.
– Anon

While I have a loooot of favorite quotes that I wish I could share, I’ll only do the following:

About Books:

• “Books are a uniquely portable magic.” - Stephen King
  • “One must always be careful of books and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.” - Cassandra Clare
  • “Books have to be heavy because the whole world is inside them.” - Cornelia Funke
  • “I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book.” - J.K. Rowling
  • “We read to know that we are not alone.” - C.S. Lewis
  • “I love books. I love that moment when you open one and sink into it, you can escape from the world, into a story that’s way more interesting than yours will ever be.” - Elizabet Scott
  • “Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey. They are home.” - Anna Quindlen
  • “You know you’ve read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend.” - Paul Sweeney
  • “When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.” - Jane Austen
  • “Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers.” - Charles W. Eliot

About Vampires:

• “You will never grow old, and you will never die.” - Louis de Pointe du Lac // Anne Rice’s Interview with the Vampire
  • “We enjoy the night, the darkness, where we can do things that aren’t acceptable in the light. Night is when we slake our thirst.” - William Hill
  • “Listen to them - children of the night. What music they make.” - Dracula // Bram Stoker’s Dracula
  • “The blood is the life.” - Dracula // Bram Stoker’s Dracula

…and numerous other quotes that would take me absolute ages to write out, so I’ll just leave it at the above for now. Enjoy! :blush:

Words I live by…

“Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” - Albert Einstein

From my profile:

“Fools have a habit of believing that everything written by a famous author is admirable. For my part I read only to please myself and like only what suits my taste.” - Voltaire

One of my personal favorites comes from good ole Billy Shakespeare himself:
“Though she be but little, she is fierce.”

I love the William Hill quote. I am no vampire(:wink:) but I completely agree.

Teehee. :blush:

Love this quote. It’s profound :slight_smile:

“Language does not always have to wear a tie and lace-up shoes.”
– Stephen King, On Writing

“If I owned Hell and Texas, I’d live in Hell and rent Texas.”

General Sherman

Thanks!