Favorite Quotes?

“This is your life and it’s ending one minute at a time.”
-the narrator, Fight Club (or Chuck palahniuk, depending how you see it)
I love it so much it is literally on my alarm.

3e9df1824daf16fa1d3af5550235bb1f--funny-images-funny-pics

Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy. As long as the Sun, the Moon, the Earth exist, everything will be all right. - Yui Ikari (Neon Genesis Evangelion)

Three from me:

To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic. - Ezio Auditore, Assassins Creed

We all change. When you think about it, we are all different people, all through our lives. And that’s ok, that’s good, you gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be. I will not forget one line of this. Not one day…I swear. - The 11th Doctor

tho’ much is taken, much abides; and though
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. - Tennyson

On Mahatma Gandhi’s birthday today, I’d like to share his quote-

Power is of two kinds. One is obtained by fear of punishment and the other by acts of love. Power based on love is a thousand times more effective than the one derived from the fear of punishment. – M.K.Gandhi

When do you think a man dies? When he is shot by heart through a bullet of a pistol? No. When he is attacked by an incurable disease? No. When he eats a soup made from poisonous mushroom?! NO! A man dies… When he is forgotten. - Dr. Hiluluk (One Piece)

I like this one!!!

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.

• Mark Twain

That last one reallly got me liling Cisco…esp that ep you know

“There is no Flash without Iris West”
Barry Allen -That’s all I’ve ever wanted to hear you say - and I wish that I was in a place where I could try that with you, but I feel so hollowed out inside right now. I feel more broken than I’ve ever felt in my life. If I’m ever gonna be worth anything to you, I need to fix what’s wrong with me. I need to find some… some peace.

Iris West Barry, listen to me. You waited for me for years. You let me get to a place where this was possible, so I am telling you I am gonna do the same thing for you. Wherever you need to go, whatever you need to do, do it, and when you get back, I’ll be here.

Iris - “So are you gonna do it?”
Barry - “Its just so huge. Its the biggest decision of my life and if im wrong I can not do it.”
Iris - “Why wouldnt you want to? You’d get to see your mum again, have a great career. Even get married. Iris West-Allen huh? I never really thought of myself as a hyphenator. Must be a 2024 thing.”
Barry - “We dont know that. But living you and Joe? Ive had a great life Iris.”
Iris, in tears says this -“Aw come here Barry.”
They hug…
Barry - “What do you think I should do? I need someone to tell me…”
Iris - “I think that for once in your life Barry Allen you should stop thinking about other people and do whats in your heart. Do what you need to do for yourself.”

The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides.
— Audrey Hepburn

“Don’t go around saying the world owes you something. The World owes you nothing. It was here first.” – Mark Twain. emphasized text

Screenshot_20181016-235903

Screenshot_20181017-000216

“This culture is a poacher of overexposure, not today
Don’t feed me to the vultures
I am a vulture who feeds on pain”

• Twenty One Pilots.

Leonidas:
“If.”

Doesn’t really work without the context, I guess. But it is without doubt the greatest comeback in history

They can conquer who believe they can- Virgil

i love it …

@Hafferby YES. Gotta love that Laconic speaking sometimes.

@viaulet It’s a pretty amazing quote.

“So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I’m still trying to figure out how that could be.”
― Stephen Chbosky, [The Perks of Being a Wallflower]