Finish This With An One Line Story

“I walked in to this house and I…”

Have fun with this! :slight_smile:

immediately regretted it, as soon as my eyes fell upon…

a cat. I didn’t remember owning a cat …

It was pitch black, with eyes like suns fixed into it’s skull, and there was something odd about the way it moved, like it was one of the shadows clinging to the corner of the room.

“Can I help you?” asked the cat.

A moment of lucidity amid my screams told me that this was what I deserved for thinking anyone truly could own a cat.

“If you’re stupid enough to ask such a thing, then clearly you cannot.” The cat retorted with an air that only a cat could muster.

My eyes flitted around desperately for some avenue of escape.

“Do you think I will let you leave?” The cat asked, swishing it’s tail back and forth.

“Do you think you can stop me?” I shot back, considering how easy it should be to punt a cat, not that I did it much.

“Quite easily actually,” The cat slyly purred as it got comfortable, sending a cocky glance my way. “After all, I know what you keep under your bed.”

1 Like

I blanched at what my mother would think but instead blurted out, “that is not illegal in this state!”

1 Like

The cat- which I was becoming increasingly sure was not a cat at all, and instead something else entirely- grinned, “This state? Where do you think you are?”

“Where here in Phili? Right?” I said more to myself than to the cat.

The cat curled itself around my legs, not bothering to answer. “Tell me!” I say, frustrated. The cat makes a purring sound, and it reminds of rippling waves in the sea.

“Fine.
We are somewhere unfamiliar, though it always looks like home.
And though you may meet others, in your heart, you are alone.
So open up your eyes, to a world beyond belief,
Though you may want to go home, your visit shall not be brief,” the cat said, scratching at the floor of my house and somehow not leaving a single mark.

“Great.” I threw my hands in the air. “I knew hell would be me, stuck in a room with a cat that can only speak riddles. I just knew it.”

1 Like

“The answer you seek is clearer than it appears to be,” the cat said, “if you are willing to open your mind to the key, you may open the door back to your home.”

“Did you get that line from Wizard of Oz or Alice in Wonderland, Dorothy?” Infuriated; I wasn’t good with riddles, this is hopeless.

Suddenly, the cat stood on its hind legs and transformed into a humanoid creature.