#FinishYourNovel | August

#finish your novel august

scroll to read all posts
do not steal the code !!

rules
ONE. welcome to #FinishYourNovel, where we specialize in helping writers complete the first drafts of their new (or work-in-progress) novels. If you’re a chronic procrastinator, have trouble staying on task, or a writer who just wants to finish their novel, this is the perfect place for you!

TWO. requirements:
— be an active user
— don’t be rude/racist/a bully in any way

THREE. rules:
— don’t lie about your word count
— accept penalty
— you MUST write something everyday and post your count by 12:00 AM (MDT)
— doesn’t matter if you only write one word, just write something
— use the hashtag (optional)
— support each other
— enjoy the book writing experience

FOUR.
penalty; see penalty board
prize; see prize board

FIVE. submitting word counts:
— you will submit word counts by messaging @lostneverland4

q & a
question: can i join?
answer: yes!

question: can i write more than one book?
yes, as many as you want (though we recommend you stick with one)! we just need the word count and a completed first draft by the end

question: if i continue writing after 12 AM can i submit it to the next day’s word count?
answer: yes.

question: how would i submit my word counts? i still don’t understand
answer: PMs

let me know if you have any other questions !!

pledge form

quote and fill in (please tag me):
i, _____________, have read through everything thoroughly and agree to follow all the rules of #finishyournovel. i agree to receive the penalty if I break any of the rules and disqualification if any requirements are broken.

pledge list
@LostNeverland4 @DiamondsInTheSky @StoryWritersNeverLie @GoddessV @imtotallynotokay @hdel15 @lynn378 @DarlaCassic @WilliamTheWriter @Attti1231 @TheGrumpyMountain @jaxtypes @dreams_i_have @Spider-Hawk @Oblivionyx @LanaJoKing @PenNameCrystalVibe @nessienfiction @sspiderling @rosemaryandrue @ixorasavage @ailveor @castlequeen2004 @nearxlight @ater @kohikavecafe @UriTian @MarieLinsay @kissesandtells @cjemrys

c.b @nonfictionism
this month’s host: @lostneverland4

August is now CLOSED for this month to new pledges. Please let me know if you’d like to be added to the taglist for the next FYN challenge.

17 Likes

scroll to read all posts

prize board
— book sticker [all winners]
— name on “wall of important people” [all winners]
— book cover [35k+ words written]
— i’ll draw something of your choice (know that i’m a terrible artist; this prize is for amusement purposes) [55k+ words written]

penalty board
missed one day: 1000 words
missed two days: 2000 words
word count doubles every day missed in a row
didn’t finish a novel/project: name on w.o.s

wall of
shame
@TheGrumpyMountain @_Spica @The_Pretence @castlequeen2004 @reedandwrite @taylka @bidiyakdamian @dreams_i_have @rosemaryandrue @ater @GoddessV @nearxlight @EPrescott @NaptimeFuntime @_Stars-Aligned @DiamondsInTheSky @StoryWritersNeverLie @imtotallynotokay @hdel15 @lynn378 @DarlaCassic @WilliamTheWriter @Attti1231 @TheGrumpyMountain @dreams_i_have @Oblivionyx @PenNameCrystalVibe @nessienfiction @sspiderling @@ixorasavage @ailveor @castlequeen2004 @nearxlight @ater @kohikavecafe @UriTian @kissesandtells @cjemrys @Spider-Hawk

wall of
people who actually
finished their novel

previous:

—— @LostNeverland4 @wildwolf708 @RavensAndAshes @originalverbivore @IwannabGlorious1 @IftiYousuf @LaniToaster @StoryWritersNeverLie @TheMCOfficial @deadwrld @castlequeen2004 @ModernWaterRider @jalenisms @AngelsLips @TheHermit_Crab @dystopial @authordorothyrenee @LanaJoKing @rosemaryandrue @GoddessV @jaxtypes @MarieLinsay

15 Likes

PENALTY EXPLANATION

If you don’t write for a day, or you are late, you owe 1k. If you miss 2 days in a row or are late or a mix of both, you owe 2k. If you do this for 3 days in a row, you owe 4k. The word count will double for every day in a row that is missed.

As long as you are writing at least one word every day and PMing your word count on time, this won’t apply.

If you happen to be in the middle of making up your penalty and you are late or miss another day, the system will restart. This includes if you’ve also finished making up your word count and happen to miss a day/report your count after the deadline. What I mean by the system restarting is that if you are making up/have finished making up your penalty, it starts back at day one as long as you didn’t miss it in a row.

Example:

Missed deadline day one: owe 1k
Missed deadline second day in a row: owe 2k
Missed deadline third day in a row: owe 4k
[So and so makes up the word count]
Misses deadline a few days later: owe 1k
And so forth…

(If you still don’t understand, no worries. I will always tell you how much you owe either way.)
This is just to help you understand why you owe the word count you owe if you miss the deadline or don’t write.

9 Likes

DAYS.

One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine.
Ten.
Eleven.
Twelve.
Thirteen.
Fourteen.
Fifteen.
Sixteen.
Seventeen.
Eighteen.
Nineteen.
Twenty.
Twenty-One.
Twenty-Two.
Twenty-Three.
Twenty-Four.
Twenty-Five.
Twenty-Six.
Twenty-Seven.
Twenty-Eight.
Twenty-Nine.
Thirty.
Thirty-One.

6 Likes

THOSE WHO'VE FINISHED A NOVEL THIS MONTH

@jaxtypes @LostNeverland4 @MarieLinsay @GoddessV @LanaJoKing @rosemaryandrue

(When people finish, let me know and I will tag you here to remember that you did so I can let Nonfictionism know and you can get your prizes.)

11 Likes

PLEASE READ

The rules exist for a good reason. I’m elaborating on rules that need to be enforced.

Be active. What does this mean? We encourage all participants to be active and interact with those who are also in this challenge.

Don’t be rude. This is obvious. We don’t encourage bullying and arguments. We want this to be a friendly challenge where you can find like-minded friends who are just trying to finish a story like you. Make friends! I made the bestest of friends here.

You MUST write something and post your word count by 12 AM MDT. This is important. If you don’t know what that timezone is, Google is your friend. Then convert that to your timezone so you know what time to submit your word count by in your own timezone. We do not encourage late word counts. Please submit on time.

Support each other. This was not followed by everyone. If you post once and leave, whatever. But if you are continuing to post in this thread without giving back to the people praising you, I will have to message you about it. This rule exists for a reason. We are friends. We are a community here. We support each other. Please support other authors as well because we all need it. Don’t come here for your own gain and expect something in return. It is rude.

9 Likes

tag list

@_itz_shifana @ajasolis @AngelsLips @AnnWrites @Attti1231 @AvrilTheStarSeed @Azanthiel @Call_me_clover @Carol_Anne_with_an_e @castlequeen2004 @cryingforelia @danielbongard @DarlaCassic @DiamondsInTheSky @dreams_i_have @dystopial @GoddessV @hdel15 @hln_creates @IwannabGlorious1 @jaxtypes @LanaJoKing @LostNeverland4 @lynn378 @nessienfiction @Oblivionyx @originalverbivore @PenNameCrystalVibe @rosemaryandrue @solenyo @Spider-Hawk @TheHermit_Crab @TheMCOfficial @UriTian @wildwolf708 @WilliamTheWriter @WriteofMind

14 Likes

First! XD

The do not post was removed

3 Likes

Can I post now?

3 Likes

Dang you both! :joy:

4 Likes

Yes you can haha

3 Likes

Ufufufu ~

3 Likes

Cookie? XD

3 Likes

(You may want to specify the text colour, as it is impossible to read in dark mode)

1 Like

i, @storywritersalwaysneverlie (Sierra), have read through everything thoroughly and agree to follow all the rules of #finishyournovel. i agree to receive the penalty if I break any of the rules and disqualification if any requirements are broken.

Wait, I forgot to tag you. @LostNeverland4

3 Likes

Put 'em in empty links. Automatic color change!

1 Like

What do you mean? (I didn’t code this. The creator did.)

1 Like

Specify the text colour? <span style="font-size:; color: white; display: block; text-align:; padding: 5px;

2 Likes

what have you done

1 Like