#FinishYourNovel | August

I’ve seen some people make graphics and pick out songs or just graphics for playlist. Ive actually did one before.

2 Likes

I’m so fascinated by this! I never knew people did that

when it comes to the forums I’m literally a little old grandmother who’s figuring out things for the first time lmao

2 Likes

Yah their often quite good with picking. I mean I’ve only requested at one place… but @epichorn31 always did a great job.

2 Likes

Yeah, and they usually ask you which artists you like more and which ones you generally avoid. It’s helpful. They usually get my music taste well. I’ve even found amazing new songs to listen to through playlist requests. They’re usually good at it.

2 Likes

I have spotify playlists for all of my stories that I start usually during the brainstorming process. But I’m interested to see what someone else would pick music wise

2 Likes

Here’s a look at what @epichorn31 asks from people to see if you would like one.

Summary

And here’s a link to the thread.

1 Like

Honestly though. Like it’s just a clue that your writers weren’t on point lol.

2 Likes

Oh wow! I might go check it out. Right now I have two playlists for my WIP, one with eighty songs and one with twenty. The one with eighty songs includes anything that inspires me, including scene-specific and character-specific songs. The second playlist with twenty is the narrowed down version only with the songs that speak to the work as a whole (and it’d be the one I release, if I were to release a playlist for the story)

2 Likes

sometimes I look at the people in writing rooms in hollywood and beyond and I’m like… maybe there is hope for me

I literally live in Hollywood and work in TV and it’s STILL baffling.

1 Like

1000 words. That’s where I’m at for chapter 1. about 1k more to go.

1 Like

Now I’m stuck. What else can I write?

1 Like

question: what if you shortened “Murder in the Black” to “Murder Black”? It’s more hard-hitting, but the postpositive adjective gives it a poetic touch. A nice little juxtaposition for a horror-esque piece.

also I love three-syllable titles

2 Likes

Ayyyy! I’m in Southern Cali too! I’m like an hour or so south of LA

1 Like

True. But I also don’t want anyone to get the wrong idea. And trust me with the people on here I’ll be getting a lot of comments on the title.

2 Likes

ooooh lmao you’re right. didn’t even cross my mind but yeah, no, I wouldn’t now that you mention it

1 Like

Like getting down towards San Diego, or like… and hour outside the city of LA which is like kinda still LA…

Anaheim is an hour south of LA during traffic. lol.

LA is a mess.

2 Likes

LA is a mess. I’m not as far south as San Diego lol I’m in the Huntington Beach area. Good ol’ Surf City, USA even though I don’t surf lmao.

About 800 words on a short story in side projects. Not sure if I’ll be able to finish it today since the goals are generally around between 3,000 and 5,000 per short story.

1 Like

La la laaaaa. What to write nextttt. I hate first chaoterssss. They’re so hardddd.

3 Likes