#FinishYourNovel | May

#Finish Your Novel May

scroll to read all posts
do not steal the code !!

rules
ONE. welcome to #FinishYourNovel, where we specialize in helping writers complete the first drafts of their new (or work-in-progress) novels. If you’re a chronic procrastinator, have trouble staying on task, or an ordinary writer (though I’m pretty sure there’s no such thing) who wants to finish their novel, this is the perfect place for you!

TWO. requirements:
— be an active user
— don’t be rude/racist/a bully in any way

THREE. rules:
— don’t lie about your word count
— accept penalty (if you missed a day)
— you MUST write something everyday and PM this account the word count by 9:00 PM (EST)
— doesn’t matter if you only wrote one word, just write something
— use the hashtag (optional)
— get out of penalty by writing double the highest amount
— support each other
— enjoy the book writing experience

FOUR.
penalty; name posted on wall of shame
prize; [tbd] and name posted on wall of important people

FIVE. submitting word counts:
— you will submit word counts by logging them in yourself (make sure your username is placed in the correct alphabetical order. please do not copy my code, delete anything, change anyone else’s count! if you do, I will know. the wiki page will close as soon as the clock hits 9 PM and reopen for the next day’s count.
q & a
question: can i join?
answer: no but feel free to add yourself to the taglist so you get tagged in june’s fyn.

question: can i write more than one book?
yes, as many as you want (though we recommend you stick with one)! we just need the word count and a completed first draft by the end

question: if i continue writing after 11 PM can i submit it to the next day’s word count?
answer: yes.

question: how would i submit my word counts? i still don’t understand
answer: directions

let me know if you have any other questions !!

pledge form

quote and fill in (please tag me):
i, _____________, have read through everything thoroughly and agree to follow all the rules of #finishyournovel. i agree to receive the penalty if I break any of the rules and disqualification if any requirements are broken.

c.b @nonfictionism

17 Likes

scroll to read all posts

daily w.c clock

01. 02. 03. 04.05. 06. 07. 08. 09. 10. 11. 12. 13.14. 15.

writing resources 1. write or die
2. word war
3. comic sans
4. Kale's Masterlist of Free Writing Resources

pledge list @bidiyakdamian
@Carol_Anne_with_an_e
@Depressed_Smile_101
@dystopial
@IftiYousuf
@IwannabGlorious1
@LaniToaster
@nonfictionism
@StoryWritersNeverLie
@shadowsettle
@TheMCOfficial
@wildwolf708

8 Likes

scroll to read all posts

taglist add yourself in alphabetical order. careful not to cut the code.

@AnnWrites @bartcn @bidiyakdamian @Call_me_clover @Carol_Anne_with_an_e @Depressed_Smile_101 @hardeynyhun @IftiYousuf @InGeenious wannabGlorious1 @LaniToaster @luxerzann @MclaineMoran @rosemaryandrue @shadowsettle @_Stars-Aligned @TheMCOfficial @VixenBerry @wildwolf708 @Wocalich @originalverbivore

day thirty
please click here first.

example: @you - 000
@bidiyakdamian 200
@LaniToaster - 1982
@StoryWritersNeverLie - 1574
@wildwolf708 - 5605

17 Likes

scroll to read all posts

wall of
shame
@Ben_Soele | @FieryArtemis | @kailews | @LigerCat | @ModernWaterRider | @Nonfictionism | @_Spica | @The_Twi1ight_Prince

wall of
important people
@Depressed_Smile_101
@TheMCOfficial
@LaniToaster
@IwannabGlorious1
@wildwolf708
@IftiYousuf
@deadwrld
@StoryWritersNeverLie
@LostNeverland4
@ModernWaterRider

7 Likes

scroll to read all posts

wall of
shame|alumni
@Ben_Soele | @FieryArtemis | @kailews | @LigerCat | @ModernWaterRider | @Nonfictionism | @_Spica | @The_Twi1ight_Prince

wall of important
beings|alumni

@deadwrld | @StoryWritersNeverLie | @LostNeverland4

5 Likes

scroll to read all posts

prize board
— book sticker [all winners]
— book cover [35k+ words written]
— i’ll draw something of your choice (know that i’m a terrible artist; this prize is for amusement purposes) [55k+ words written]

3 Likes

i, Carol Anne_, have read through everything thoroughly and agree to follow all the rules of #finishyournovel. i agree to receive the penalty if I break any of the rules and disqualification if any requirements are broken.

4 Likes

The rules are a bit different than before. You sure you read everything through properly?

Hey, I have a question. Is it required that we really finish our novel, or do we just set a word count and write to it? Thank you! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I encourage people to try to finish, the whole point of this is you finish but it’s not required. As long as you get more than what you had before done

(though if you don’t finish, you will receive penalty)

4 Likes

I did read through everything, although since I didn’t participate last month I’m not exaclty sure what the differences are. My only question is that the “click here” link for submitting word counts doesn’t seem to be working for me.

1 Like

Okay. I’m in.

I, Shadow, have read through everything throughly and agree to follow all the rules of #finishyournovel. I agree to receive the penalty if I break any of the rules and disqualification if any requirements are broken.

1 Like

Ah, I see (just wanted to make sure since you submitted so quickly)

The link will work in a few minutes

Actually, one more question. When counting words, is it based on the calendar day or 24 hr periods. Like if I write after 9pm and after submitting one day, can I count that in my next day’s submission?

2 Likes

Yup!

1 Like

I, LaniToaster (Aka Lani), have read through everything thoroughly and agree to follow all the rules of #finishyournovel. I agree to receive the penalty if I break any of the rules and disqualification if any requirements are broken.
@Nonfictionism

Heck i’m too excited for this. Welp NO TURNING BACK

1 Like

I’m very excited too!

1 Like

i, @Depressed_Smile_101, Mellissa Diana Gomez, have read through everything thoroughly and agree to follow all the rules of #finishyournovel. i agree to receive the penalty if I break any of the rules and disqualification if any requirements are broken.

Yep, were doing this

1 Like

i was literally jumping when the thread appear! :smiley: now i must submit my word count quickly.

1 Like

i, Nene, have read through everything thoroughly and agree to follow all the rules of #finishyournovel. i agree to receive the penalty if I break any of the rules and disqualification if any requirements are broken.

1 Like