Forum for Friendly Writers

discussion

Basically what ever I like. When I like a certain kind of humor I take inspiration from it. When a piece of horror gets me to think about what scares me and how I should respond to it I write my own. When I like character dynamics in a certain piece of media I get inspired to write characters like that.

Interesting perspective when it comes to writing. I basically read similar stories in the dragon riding trope and ask myself what everyone is doing the same that I can do differently. So far, I think it’s working. :slight_smile:

Thank, it’s cool that we have similar approaches to writing.

Hello! :wave: I’ve just finished my story but still editing my last few chapters … but then need to go back and edit the whole thing :open_mouth:. This writing business is hard! How’s everyone else’s journey?

Hi there,

Alas, I’m going to have to remove your comment as you’re encouraging people to post links.

Sharing links to stories is not allowed outside of the #share-your-story club according to the guidelines.

If you want to offer a read-for-read service, you can make a thread here: #story-services:critiques-and-feedback.

Thanks for understanding,
Fray - Community Ambassador :frog:

Hello! I’m currently procrastinating writing and have been doing so for a few weeks now haha :see_no_evil: What’s your story about and how long is it?

All of my stories are completed. My newer ones are only about 500 words and my older 1 to 2 chapter ones are under 5,000 words. I am not writing anything new right now because my job has been keeping me busy, but you are more than welcome to check out my completed stuff if you’d like.

I’ve got 3 publishers interested in 1 of my manuscripts right now, but I am so overloaded with my job that I can’t find the time to work on it

Hi

Hi! c:

So what are you working on?

Ikr!

Oooh don’t procrastinate - get it out of you! :relieved: Force yourself to write - even when you don’t feel like it, just get it out there - keep on writing it! My story is about 50,000 words and 41 chapters but some chapters are short and some are long, averaging about 1300 words a chapter! My biggest goal was to just finish the first draft even when I knew I needed to go back and fix - just write it all down - get it out of your head! And the relief is amazing once you’ve got it all done!

My story is hard to say without giving it away but it’s set in 1992 in Melbourne, Australia. It’s a coming of age story about a music obsessed girl, Abby, and the friendships she makes at college and how she deals with a devastating event at a time in her life when all she should be doing is celebrating being young. It’s all about music and relationships!

How about yours - what’s your passion?

Oh wow! Congrats! That’s great! How frustrating is it to be at work when all you want to do is write? :roll_eyes: :relieved:

Helluuu! I saw friendly writers so here I am hehe

Most of my chapters are around 1.5k but it varies

Hia!

Alright I changed the forum type so now we can share stories

How are you?^•^

I’m great just woke up haha and you?

Good morning then! I am good too just outlining my story ^•^