Forum for Friendly Writers

discussion

If I wrote a book in present tense can I write the sequel in past tense

Thanks for the encouragement! And 41 chapters?? Congrats! And you had me at ‘coming of age.’ Melbourne is also a super funky city, love visiting the alley way shops when I’m there :smiley: Is the story on Wattpad?

I don’t really have anything solid that I’m writing at the moment, but I’ve been thinking of a story based around three characters, teenagers, who are all good friends and have quite different personalities. It’s a fantasy/magic based story, although I’m not set on that idea yet, and that’s basically it haha. Not as interesting and as well put together as yours, but that’s all I have at the moment!

Yeah 41, right? :exploding_head: It seems like an epic journey now!

Your story sounds great already so be fearless in your writing and go for it! :facepunch: Write what you want to read and once you start and you create your characters, you can work out their story and they’ll often tell you their own story too! I think when you write something you’d want to read, it’s a bit easier too!

TBH mine started as one idea like yours too and I had no clue where it was going - but eventually it just became it’s own thing. And once I’d started, my goal was to just finish it! So even though I know it’s not perfect, it’s done…and now I can make it the book I imagine it should be!!

Yes, it’s on Wattpad - not sure we can spruik here (:thinking:)! Is yours? :slight_smile:

Hi there!

Ooh just noticed you’re from Oz too! :slight_smile: Go us! :kangaroo:

What are you guys talking about? Let me in.

Is there any specific reason you want to do that?

Hi! I’m a new writer but have been a book reviewer and blogger for ages. I’d love to partner up with some people to trade reads and get feedback. Anyone interested you can direct message me.

Honestly I just noticed a lot of people weren’t into the present tense style and it leaves a lot of room for error

Hello.

Kutlarım.

Yağmur ilham çeker.

merhaba

kutlarım

Ben okuyabilirim

Hia! Welcome to the Forum!

sounds interesting!

Thank you so much!

What are you guys doing?

We talk about our books, get advice and feedback, and just chat!

That’s cool.

I have published 4 books so far.

And I’m Working On Amelia and the Magic Lamp.

Any one Familiar with Aladdin?