Genre List at Home Page missing a Genre

Hi there Wattpad people!

So I have a question that’s been nagging me for a while now.

Why is the genre CHICK-LIT not listed among the genres for the browsing area at Home Page? Is the genre not considered a genre, anymore???

As a chicklit writer, I don’t know how I’m feeling about this. Can anyone enlighten me, please?

THANK YOU!

Wait… I think Vamp was taken away too
Wasn’t, what was it called, Creepypasta also a genre?
I dont see General Fiction either
Did they are did they not used to have a Random section too?

@FireAlwaysReturns

1 Like

That’s what is getting me thinking. Why are they taking away these genres? Is it because they are dead genres? (Jeez, I hope not) or because the genre has changed named… but for chicklit I don’t even see a section for women’s fiction. And not all woman stories are romance stories… so I’m wondering.

1 Like

Ahh if they took away vampire genre thats a pain… I would hate for werewolf to be taken away so i cant image what its like for you guys to have your genres missing

1 Like

Here:

4 Likes

Thank you Liger!

1 Like

Thank Jane. She tagged me to see it the other day so I had it in my notifications.

2 Likes

Thanks Jane, lol, I tagged her above so she’ll probably see this too

2 Likes

This clears a lot. However…I’m still confused as to why a major genre like chicklit, which is honestly something all of its own, would not have made the cut… cause honestly, you ask a romance writer if chicklit is romance and they’ll say no, even if there is a subplot of romance. Is it that not many people write chicklit these days??

1 Like

:shrug: You’d have to ask someone who works with that stuff. It might still be written often but not read as much here.

1 Like

Yeah, well you might be right. But for example, my chicklit is now in 7k reads with over 2k votes and growing, which I know is not super huge, but I’d think it might make it even harder to get eyes on books like mine if the genre is taken away. I would love if someone who works on that stuff could explain to me the reasoning behind the cut. Hopefully someone will. Thanks for the help, though.