Get Your Character Names Rated

Glad you like the name.
Technically I do have a last name for him, but more often they aren’t used since using them is formal in my work and so far he’s only really interacted with friends.

But yeah, his name is.
Ciecro Almkin
[See-eck-row Alm-kin]

Ciecro Almkin has a nice ring to it. You made the name up, so obviously its unique, and the pronunciation seems easy enough. 8/10.

I love Wren Dolson. It’s unique, yet realistic. 10/10. Again, I like Quincy Adderson. It’s fun to day, and Adderson as a surname is really nice. 9/10. I like the nmae Aslan Cayne, but Cayne sounds like a given name to me, even though I know its a surname. It flows well, but Aslan certainly hogs the attention. 9/10. I like the name Felix Le, but it reminds me of Felix Lee from the KPop boy group Stray Kids (idk if you know them or even like kpop, but stray kids is pretty lit). 7/10.

Her middle and last name isn’t pronounced backward because they’re considered “fake.” Should’ve specified that it’s a special royalty/nobility lineage thing, but they also have to keep it somewhat discreet for reasons I won’t tell you. Having the first name pronounced backward isn’t too uncommon where they live, but if they were to actually inherit their full, true names, it would be really sketchy. They want to honor their lineage, but they can’t, so they’re sneaky about it!

The language died in almost everyone except the royal family. Only they actually knew the backward language, and even then, they were changing as well. Something bad happened in their history, so to at least pay their respects, while they contorted their language, only the first name remained as a piece of the dead culture. In the modern world, though, it’s not all that special anymore! It’s considered respectful to have your child’s name, even if it’s not of some ancient ancestor, to be pronounced backward due to some other stuff.

Yeah, yeah, lot’s of holes because I don’t feel like telling you, but I will say: Violence and pressure. But only that!

It’s a fake name! Well, the last part of it is fake. The royal lineage usually had a surname that was representative by an animal, so they wanted to respect it in some way. Her Dad and Mother’s last names aren’t even wolf, so there’s also another reason for that surname, buuuut you can’t know. It was something between the parents though.

So here’s another character for yah.
Jaron Almkin - [Jair - run] [Alm - Kin]

So context, this is Ciecro’s younger brother and when picking the name I wanted something small and nice. His name in the context of the story is actually a naming over a friend of his parents. “Garon”. As for why I chose it specifically, there wasn’t anything special save for it being a nice short name to help distinguish him from his two other siblings who both have longer first names.

Another name that’s short and sweet, like what you’re going for. Again, easy to pronounce. I’m not sure what sort of universe your story is set in, but the sound of Jaron gives me a foreign sort of feel, although I wouldn’t be able to place exactly where. I also like the canon background of the name; 7.7/10.

Jaron is the name of one of my favorite characters from a book series I read when I was younger! As such it’s one of my favorites and I’m biased. 10/10

Jonathan Durant: His last name means ‘enduring’, and he does have to struggle through hardships.

So, I think I’ll throw out another name just for fun.

Demetri Taylrow - [Dem-ee-tree] [Tail-row]

Now, in choosing this name the first was due to the rather quizzical nature of this character and Demetri fit well for it being a slightly longer first name as well as being spelled a bit differently than your basic Dimitri. The last name is actually a bit inspired by the linguistic heritage. His father in the canon is from a place you could associate their linguistics to be the UK and therefore searching led me to find the last name Taylor as something interesting. I then did it with a spin of a certain species that inhabits that place that would go well and thus the name was done.

These characters are superheroes, so the ones in parenthesis are their hero names.

Katherine Amnesty (Iki Jigoku)- This is the only one whose hero name I actually put effort into creating. It translates, using the right kanji, to Living Hell. Why Japanese? Because this character is an otaku through and through.
Astrid Green (Mercury)
Damien Lopez (Mars)
Christian Woodsen (Venus)
Isabelle Delmon (Jupiter)

Altogether, they make the Taiyoukei, which translates to solar system. I basically made up all of their civilian names, and all the other hero names are directly influenced by the Sailor Scouts from the Sailor Moon franchise. But hey, it was their idea.