GET YOUR COVER RATED

feedback-offered
discussion

Hi guys! I am perplexed about that my story got like 17 views since I’ve posted in => 8-month plus.

I am on a mission to find why nobody reads it! I am ready for hard truth haha

1 Like

ACADEMY

1 Like

3/10 Okay so this is just a picture. There is no title, no author’s name, and doesn’t convey anything to the reader except this is going to be a bloody “story.” I think it’s a nice picture but it’s not a cover.

1 Like

8/10 I love the simplicity of it all and the colorful paint marks.

1 Like

1 Like

I like the aesthetic you’re going for, though I feel it needs a punch to take it all the way there. 7.5/10

1 Like

Got it, thanks!

2 Likes

No problem hope I wasn’t to harsh :frowning::smile:

1 Like

Harsh feedback has always some truth in it. I’ve made changes already haha

2 Likes

Lol glad it helped

2 Likes

8/10. i like how your text mirrors the color scheme of the background image. however, your title text and your author text are two completely different fonts, and they don’t show the cohesiveness that a book cover should. your author text also seems a bit bigger than the title, and i would recommend it being the other way around. nice work!

1 Like

6, nice idea but I’m not a huge fan of the colour scheme. Also, the font is real close to the edge.

1 Like
  1. I like the effect on the words, but I don’t particularly love how the words are finished on the next line. The background is also just a little blurry. I do really appreciate the amount of skill and time that went into it, however, especially how you play around with the positioning of the red in the fore- and background.

FERLY

1 Like
  1. All I have to say is make the smaller text a bit more large so people will able to read it when they come across it.

1 Like

8/10 First that woman looks like a boss :smile: I love it. The picture is blurry and the text font is not my favorite. However, I like this.

2 Likes

Thank You! Do you have any suggestion for a font style

1 Like

You’re welcome, hmm you could probably do a mash up between fonts like I did. Probably like a basic type front with some fancy font. Sorry I don’t have names.

2 Likes

A different font style for each word. I like that :clap::100:

2 Likes

I like the combination of elements going on here. The simple, but striking background image, allowing the title to be the focal point. The use of different fonts in the title. The title’s reflection behind it. It’s simple and elegant. The only thing I’d change would be the way “By: Ken B” is worded. I believe most professional covers would either say “a novel/novella/story/etc by Ken B” or just the author name, but that’s only my personal opinion. 7/10

2 Likes

cover

2 Likes