Get your Teen Fiction summary rated!

6/10 for the blurb - When I read the second line of it “1 goes into 5” I was thinking that she ends up hooking up with all five of them, but that’s not right, because one is her brother. So … that’s where my mind went right off the bat, which led me to be taken out of your blurb.

I think the last line is also confusing - 22-year-old version. Does that mean she’s 22 now? or she’s 16? What perspective are we seeing this from? I think once these are cleaned up, I’ll actually probably like the blurb. I’m a sucker for girls raised beside boys stories (mostly because all of my friends growing up were guys). I’ll check out your work!

Carter Ortese is Trouble

Everyone knows Carter Ortese, or Carter “Oh Tease” as some girls call him.
Everyone knows Carter Ortese’s dad died at seventeen after getting his mom pregnant.
Everyone knows Carter Ortese is trouble.

Which is why, during a school lunch in the spring, it makes no sense that Emma Williams, the girl who has everything going for her, would sit across across from him in the cafeteria and ask him out on a date. Realizing that she’s asking on a dare, Carter says yes. Even though Emma assumed Carter would reject her, she’s not one to back down now.

No one knows why Emma actually goes on the date.
No one knows why Emma goes on a second date.
Emma realizes: No one knows the real Carter Ortese.

I appreciate the constructive criticism but I made it short and low on detail because you’ll find that all out in the story. I’m not going to put her whole past in the summary. The Most Powerful Scream is the title so the title was in it :sweat_smile:

It’s very short and simple, giving a little mystery vibe. I like that you repeated things, it sounds good at least to my ears. I don’t know what else to say, sorry about my short answer! 8/10. But the summary is interesting enough to make me check out your book.

The Lies That We Tell

Quentin Adams has been in love with his best friend for years. And although their happily ever after happens only in his dreams, he’s not one to give up. For so long, he had been willing to do anything to make his dreams come true and never had he even thought about anyone else.

But everyone has a breaking point. And unfortunately, after seeing the love of his life with someone else, he’s beginning to lose hope. Now, after years of waiting for impossible, he’s ready to move on. Find someone else. Be happy. But while trying to do that, he starts to realize that it’s harder than it sounds.

Later he finds himself trapped in a situation with an unexcepted stranger who might as well be what he never knew he needed. It’s now up to Quentin himself if he’s ready to take a risk and get his heart broken again.

Whoa! This is great and I really like how much description it gives me as a reader. I definitely would pick it up and read! 10/10

Chasing Her
People always ask me how I did it. How I left everything for her.

Little do they know that Camila Brown is my everything.

We fell in love in the course of a few weeks. Can we do it all again?

Kevin Miller fell in love during the summer break. His summer sweetheart left him with half a heart and a summer of memories.

He wanted more than a summer with her.

5/10. It sounds a little cliche to me.

Astral Adventures

Felicity has a dream: she wants to become a body guard for the Cosmotopian Princess. One problem, she can’t use magic, making her an outcast in society. How exactly does she plan on getting into The Astral Academy of Combat?

Then she meets Cassie. Cassie’s a witch, but she’s not cruel to people like Felicity, like most others. Though she may seem delicate and sweet on the outside, she’s clever, cunning, and determined to help Felicity get into that school.

6/10 You have a good text base to work from, but I would take another look at the wording in some sentences. E.g. you have the word ‘like’ two times in a row, so I suggest trying to work a bit more with it.
– Also, I believe bodyguard is one word. :wink:

I’m missing a sense of what’s at stake though. What is it they are risking by trying to get her admitted?
As is, I’m not really intrigued.

Olivia & Ricky’s Odyssey to Rock Bottom

In an attempt to break free of her parents’ strict rules, Olivia lands herself in bigger troubles than she had foreseen.

Ricky, on the other hand, is used to troubles. But everything changes when he is accused of an assault (an assault he has no recollection of) and his only hope is Olivia, the victim’s best friend.

A relationship slowly develops between them – little do they know that their problems have only just begun.

Trying to walk the thin line between adolescence and adulthood, while being confronted with their own insecurities, balancing new friendships, first love, and family secrets in between lies, lust, and loss.

Yet they refuse to give up on each other, not realizing that in doing so, they are creating a self-destructive force leading them toward rock bottom.

9/10. I like it. There’s a strong conflict with Ricky being accused and an interesting relationship is established between him and Olivia. This also hints their descent to their lowest point which creates a sense of urgency along with the trials of life they will have to go through. Although, adding a bit that tells just a little about Ricky’s personality would be nice. Would possibly give the reader another reason to pick up your story. Also me likey that title.

I would’ve added the draft version with character descriptions but that would’ve bloated this damn thing even more sooo…Wall of text incoming…
A fucking band. If there was one thing Arthur hated about Nathan, it was his persistence. And his attention-span. And his dumb ideas. Maybe his popularity too. Definitely his strange obsession with cheese. Disgusting. Actually, he hated a lot of things about Nathan. But there was nothing he hated more than Nathan’s idea of “Highschool Fun,” which involved putting a sickly, introverted bookworm with dead-fish eyes at the helm of an after school band. Also, Arthur’s in love with Nathan. But so is Jessica, a childhood friend. But there are three issues: #1 being that Nathan is the most popular guy in the school. #2 being that both Arthur and Jessica are popular, but in the wrong way; they’re terrifying. #3 : A beautiful transfer student has caught the fickle eyes of nearly every boy in the school, including Nathan’s.
Their freshmen year drags on as the unfortunate pair lament over their loves when a fateful encounter after-school in Mr. Gilman’s Spanish Class tosses these love-struck youths on the same path, an uneasy alliance forming between these two, made with a pact of a bloody nose. Follow this unstable duo continue their unlikely path as their equally crazy friends form rivaling bands that will do more than enough to quench their thirst for some fun and heart-wrenching high school years. Ralbeck’s High School is about to be turned upside down with All these Young Kooks.

5/10
It’s more like a chapter or info dump, I lost interest after like three lines. No proper spacing makes it less presentable.

Brown Haired Thief
“When life gives you opportunities, just steal.”

Rain Vierra stole to survive and it became her skill. Moving to a new town she expected to stay low-key, but one task to steal a big thing ruins it for her.

Meeting potential criminals or trying to not get attached to them was not her concern. From throwing a ball to her face to saving her, the boys became someone she needed and the friends she wanted.

When the badboys- Sky and Jordan tripped themselves into her life, she could only ask herself what wrong she did to deserve this.

It’s true when they say “One truth can change it all.” And only one truth is what lies between them too.
Lies, betrayals, heartbreaks, cheaters, troublemakers, new relationships and a lot more is on the ride to finding the truth.

If you don’t mind me again…7/10. The concept is interesting but maybe a tiny bit more might grab the reader’s attention. Give us a trait about her personality that is striking, like if she feels conflicted about stealing. Be careful as well, since the idea of a lifetime thief might feel tacked on to act as a separating factor to the “Bad-boys” genre. The wording at places also feels a bit awkward. Like: tripped themselves. Stumbled would be a better word. And: throwing a ball to her face. At her face. A big thing. Describe what this big thing is to intrigue the reader. Or use a more eye-catching word. Though I like that opening line. But…“When life gives you lemons, just steal them.”

10/10 i don’t see no flaws and i really like it.

Scene of My Life:
Allison Snider is an aspiring actress, who just happens to also be a sophomore in high school. All she wants to do is get through her high school career and possibly become a famous actress.
So what happens when she gets a main role in a movie, only to find out that her co- actor is the one person she despises?
Augustus White is a playboy who gets everything handed to him on a golden platter. He’s a teen heart throb whose been an actor since he was a child, and all he wants to do now is party, drink, flirt and coast through life on his acting career.
So what happens when these two polar opposites become co-actors for the same movie? well he hits on her obviously, but she wont take any of that.
it gets worse though when he decides to enroll into Honor Prep.
the same school she attends.

I like the amount of information you’re giving, it’s not too much but not too little. The only problem I’m seeing is with the grammar. Some sentences aren’t capitalized and some words are used in the wrong way. (For example “whose” is the possessive form of who and instead it should be “who has or who’s”. I’d suggest having someone run through and clean up the grammar mistakes, but other than that it’s a solid description. 8/10

Yours Truly, Ramona

In the beginning, Ramona was just trying to protect her little brother while they were thrown around the corrupt foster system.

Her and her brother were just two abandoned souls, trying their best to survive in a world that never cared about them.

But things can change in the blink of an eye.

People can turn their backs on the ones they love without a moments notice.

And if there’s one thing Ramona and Mason have learned in their years in the foster system, it’s that nothing is set in stone.

Because in the end, one of them is dead, and the other wishes they were dead.

I actually really like “When life gives you lemons just steal them,” I might as well use it. Thanks for this suggestion.
I don’t think describing the big thing would really make any difference, considering it’s more or less like some stone?

Thanks for pointing out ‘tripped’ I actually used stumbled before so yeah :smiley:

Thank you for the very kind feedback and suggestion. :blush::+1:

What the fudge. I loved your last sentence. nice work!! I just wanted to know a bit more of what the story will be about. 9.5/10

The Flirting Games

Played by only six seniors, The Flirting Games are an annual secret event that everyone awaits for. The participants are a secret, as well as the starting date.

It was created by the royal level of high school. We still lead it, choosing a junior as our successor.

If you are reading this golden letter, consider yourself lucky because you are in for the ride.

All you gotta do is flirt and then go to the next step, if you know what we mean. The harder it is to win over the person, the bigger points you get.

You need to report yourself to your given leader after you are finished with your “target”.

But remember, keep your heart closed and your secrets hidden. You can’t quit or fall in love with your assignment during the game without losing your entire reputation.

You have been warned.

Let the games begin and good luck.

Yours Truly,

Celeste Bexley, the queen of the games.

Happy to help ^^

The Sinclair Brothers | on going

A new (unwelcomed) beginning comes when Makennah is relocated through the foster care system to a new home in a rich suburb with the Sinclair family. Makennah knows right away that she doesn’t belong here, and she probably never will.

However, she can’t help but start to fall in love with the charming, humorous, family of six with all brothers.

Oh, and she couldn’t forget Matt’s (the oldest brother) hot football player best friend Theodore Alexander Rose. Or Theo for short. Before she can blink, she’s unequivocally involved with Theo. On the first week of school, Makennah spied Cassandra, Matt’s girlfriend, cheating on Matt, but he doesn’t believe her. Theo agrees to spy on Cassandra with Makennah in order to obtain evidence to convince Matt that Cassandra is unloyal.

Naturally, romance and attraction brew between them as they spend more time together. Makennah is scared that Matt will be unhappy with their attraction and keeps things behind closed doors where Matt can’t see.

However, Makennah can’t deny that she’s starting to fall in love with Theo. In the midst of her turbulent storms of trying to find her feet in a brand new town, new high school, and new family, he sees through her tough exterior and cares about what’s underneath that makes Makennah who she is. And he doesn’t care about her past.

You need to rate the one above you.

9/10

Hey! I saw your summary a while back and thought it seemed interesting. I’ve rewritten my summary and I’m about to post and thought I’d comment on yours since I read over it again. Basically, this is an unsolicited opinion, so I hope you don’t mind!

I really like it! I saw it and I thought, I want to read that! One of the things I really appreciated was that it was well-written and typo-free.

A few things that stuck out to me that could either be reworded or explained:

In the first paragraph, she doesn’t want labels on who she is - which implies that she’s got some stuff going on. Then the very next line says that she has an ordinary life. I wonder if you even need “ordinary” at all. It’s a boring word anyway, so it could probably go?

Lines are crossed and boundaries are broken - I’m thinking that Ada and Tom fall in love? Is that what you’re implying? I totally want to read this if he is like, no more than 25 years old as her mentor. But if he’s older, which you don’t really give any indication as to his age, then it kinda makes it feel creepy.

Bottom line: If the crossed lines are between two characters close in age - I’m in! If he’s an old guy taking advantage of a young girl… different story. I really think one or two descriptive words here would take away this mystery.

Learn to accept help. Love! Love as much as you can for as long as you can. Love love! Maintain sanity and keep caffeinated. Eh. It feels like it should be a sign in a coffee shop rather than the last impression you leave on your potential reader. Maybe - “Don’t let a day go by without coffee and a good friend” or “Love and coffee are all you really need.”

Just some thoughts :blush:

She’s about to turn nineteen and he is thirty-four. I’ve noticed that in nearly every student/teacher book, the guy is twenty-four or so. The thing that always appeals to me is the age difference in forbidden romances, as it creates a lot of issues in the character’s lives that don’t end with graduation. I can’t remember the last time I wrote a book where there wasn’t a ten year age difference or more. I blame my mom for introducing me to ‘The Thorn Birds’.

I do have a disclaimer in the opening message warning readers of the age gap, as I know that sort of thing does bother a lot of people.

Took out the word ‘ordinary’ as I didn’t even know it was in there. I’ve never been a fan of seeing that word to describe a character or their life. Wonder how that little bugger snuck in there.

The last part I have to keep, as that last chunk has always been in there as it was always so well received. But I do appreciate the suggestion.

Very happy you enjoy the blurb and the concept of it. Wish it didn’t have the deal breaker in it, but that’s okay. Can’t win them all.

Thank you so much for the feedback and for pointing out that word that bothers me so much. I had chunks rewritten by readers, so that may be how it ending up sneaking in.

The Flirting Games

Played by only six seniors, The Flirting Games are an annual secret event that everyone awaits for. The participants are a secret, as well as the starting date.

It was created by the royal level of high school. We still lead it, choosing a junior as our successor.

If you are reading this golden letter, consider yourself lucky because you are in for the ride.

All you gotta do is flirt and then go to the next step, if you know what we mean. The harder it is to win over the person, the bigger points you get.

You need to report yourself to your given leader after you are finished with your “target”.

But remember, keep your heart closed and your secrets hidden. You can’t quit or fall in love with your assignment during the game without losing your entire reputation.

You have been warned.

Let the games begin and good luck.

Yours Truly,

Celeste Bexley, the queen of the games.