Get your Teen Fiction summary rated!

6/10
To be honest, it took me about two or three times to get the first part of the blurb. Besides, it’s a bit too vague for my liking. Are you being metaphorical and talking about a mean girl climbing society? Or is it literal and are you talking about a fantastic witch? Other than that, I do appreciate the play on words.

Of Attraction & Its Collateral Damage

and though you wouldn’t be interested, it’s a funny story like that.

Or so one would think if it involves Alexander Raines after he finally gets the opportunity to travel at 17 for two months without his overprotective parents. The upside: he’s going with Xiomara, his beautiful all-time-inseparable best friend with personality to spare. The downside: he has to go with his whole class of rich kids to Frankfurt, Germany to learn the language. All because of his prestigious Boston academy’s Summer student program for traveling abroad before Senior year.

Innocent as only he can get, Alexander hasn’t yet been with anyone (although the a social façade he’s built suggests otherwise). But when unknown feelings blossom as the days go by, he is left to wonder what they mean, or even who it is that’s causing them in the first place. Maybe it’s Xiomara, who up until now has been the girl who he’s always loved as a sister and partner in crime. Or maybe it could be his new roommate Gene; the annoyingly charming and risk-seeking latest addition to Mapleton Academy.

Being away from home and in the center of the drama, he’s certain that something will happen that will ensue with ultimate personal revelations. All while hell breaks loose with European cities as a backdrop, what with the games of jealousy, petty drama, teenage angst, snob gossip and all. Because when it comes to teenage attraction, it’s all fun and games till someone gets hurt.

Or goes missing.

Thanks so much!

Who is your protagonist?
What is their problem or conflict?
Where is your story set?

These are the three basic things that readers should know from your blurb so they can decide whether or not they want to read your story.

Right now, you have none of these basic things mentioned in your blurb.

Is your story set during the Salem Witch trials or contemporary New Orleans?

Is your MC a teenager? Is your MC the witch?

Honestly it’s the same as the last attempt, just longer.

I still have no idea who your protagonist is or what his/her relationship is to this witch. I still don’t know if it is a contemporary paranormal story or historical fiction.

There’s not enough tangible info in the blurb to make an informed decision about whether or not your story interests me.

It doesn’t seem to be a Teen Fiction story at all if it’s just various versions of the creation myth of this Witch.

Perhaps you should put it into General Fiction or Paranormal instead.

7.5/10 (for description) 8/10 (storyline). I LOVE the end. I’m a sucker for cliffhanger endings. One thing I would say is to redo the very beginning. It’s a little confusing. I had to re-read it about three times to understand it. Also your putting to much info into the description. A description is meant to attract the reader. I felt like I read the actual book reading that description. Just tell the reader enough to draw them in. I do like the storyline though, its quite interesting. It’s not too cliche either, which is a plus.
An Inclination

“Fear is a disease that eats away at logic and makes man inhuman.” ~ Marian Anderson

Haphephobia: A fear of touching or being touched.

Katherine Price has suffered from haphephobia since the tender age of 3. Although she is surrounded by love thanks to her foster parents, it doesn’t ease the fear and pain she experiences everyday. When Mitsue (MEE-tsoo-eh) Irie, a foreign exchange student comes and provokes a feeling Katherine has never felt before, she doesn’t know whether to accept them or run away. With the help of his persistence and conditioning, this feeling Katherine is experiencing will become an Inclination to her.

10/10 This was really freaking good. First of all, love the storyline. You did a great job of introducing the main characters and pulling the reader in!

Once Upon A Time, I Was A Hoe
(Please don’t hold back, I suck at summaries and I want to know how to make them better.)

Amethyst came into high school with a pure mind and a set plan. She’d get good grades, make new friends, and it would be a breeze.

Starting freshman year, her innocence was ripped away from her and she lost her rose colored glasses.

Sophomore year, she learned to adapt to the harsh reality of high school.

The summer going into junior year, she indulged in the life of partying, getting shit faced, and doing whatever and whoever she wanted.

Filled with anxiety but no regrets, she enters her junior year being known as the school’s biggest slut. Because of this, Amethyst swore to herself she wouldn’t mess around with anymore guys this year, but when three new boys arrive at her school and hear about the infamous Amethyst, they all want to take a bite.

Damn, I loved it lol. There are some things that I, personally, would change but it’s very good! 9/10

The Flirting Games

Played by only six seniors, The Flirting Games are an annual secret event that everyone awaits for. The participants are a secret, as well as the starting date.

It was created by the royal level of high school. We still lead it, choosing a junior as our successor.

If you are reading this golden letter, consider yourself lucky because you are in for the ride.

All you gotta do is flirt and then go to the next step, if you know what we mean. The harder it is to win over the person, the bigger points you get.

You need to report yourself to your given leader after you are finished with your “target”.

But remember, keep your heart closed and your secrets hidden. You can’t quit or fall in love with your assignment during the game without losing your entire reputation.

You have been warned.

Let the games begin and good luck.

Yours Truly,

Celeste Bexley, the queen of the games.

This is really interesting and hooks the reader with the mystery. I got kind of a gossip girl vibe from it, 9/10

White Sails

Cody Miller, looks like your typical good girl, the perfect A student, and the girl that bad boys have known to corrupt, but Cody isn’t that girl. Her father and step-mother are used to the police showing up on their door with their underage daughter intoxicated or her late night adventures. With senior year approaching and Cody’s behaviour escalating, her parents have no choice but to send her to her aunt in a small sleepy ocean village in California. Will the quietness of the ocean help Cody grow or will dark depths push Cody further into a spiral?

7/10 Your blur is really great, but I just don’t like the cliche “good girl” stereotype, which is based on being a perfect student (heck, I don’t even like the mention of the cliche good girl!). However, I do feel intrigued by how Cody will grow and mature as she is quickly approaching adulthood!

Everywhere I Go with Summer

“Hi! I’m Summer Erin Lee, and I was the barista that served you your coffee. May I join you?”

Zack Larns and Summer Erin Lee are polar opposites with different perspectives and thoughts on life, but one thing is definite: they have never lived nor experienced life to the fullest. However, in the summer before their senior year of Eastward, they coincidentally cross paths and become partners in crime to complete Summer’s bucket list before her time unexpectedly comes from her illness. The only question is…

When your time eventually comes, what will you regret and what will you forget?

And all you have is a summer bucket list that will either create new memories or new regrets… Or maybe even both?

Come to embark alongside Summer and Zack’s journey!

“An illness isn’t the end of your story… An illness drives you to live the life you were meant to live: to make your lasting mark and story known in this unknown universe.”

Sounds Intriguing. Makes you want to see what happens/what they get up to and follow their journey. I personally feel like the first sentence may turn readers off. But the bulk of it makes me want to read it.

Where I Belong

Laylia White is the biggest Pop Star in the world. Plastered on magazine covers and in the centre of celebrity gossip. This year she is headlining her own tour, around Australia.
But This story isn’t about her, it’s about her sister Natalie.

Natalie is the twin sister of Laylia and is somewhat famous herself. Nobody knows that she is behind the youtube channel, Masked. Although she might have a massive fan base and be great at singing there is so much more to this girl.

Natalie is Kind hearted, Talented and Stunning, But she is also broken and has been for years. When Natalie joins Her sister on tour she will go through some tough times, but she will also create some amazing memories.

Will Natalie learn how to love again? or is she stuck in the past.

Hi! I think the idea sounds good!

I would brush up on the grammar of the summary, in particular the use of your capital letters and use of tenses. These things can really push away the readers, because if you have grammatical errors in your summary, you’re bound to have them in the book.

Also, if the main story is not about Laylia White, then you shouldn’t start with her. Start with your main character if that’s who your story is about. If you need to include the sister, you can do it along the lines of ‘struggling in the shadow of her mega pop star sister, Laylia White’.

Also ‘go through tough times, but will also create some amazing memories’ sounds quite vague… not intriguing enough. Maybe give us a little more info on what she’s struggling with or what she needs to overcome.

Good luck!

The Tutor

Rafe Ferreira, the spoilt son of an Italian tycoon, is banished to a small town for his press grabbing antics and constant fights. In his final year in a new school, he has one year and one chance to prove to his father that he is not a hopeless case.

Norah Fujioka is a small town girl with a ruthless determination to succeed. Placing academics above all else makes her a social recluse and a geek in school. She is also the one person that could give Rafe the willpower and discipline to make him succeed.

Initially it doesn’t help that they are polar opposites. She thinks he’s an ungrateful sloth. He thinks she’s a stuck-up. But they learn more from each other than they originally bargained for.

9/10

I love how you gave a description for both of you mc’s and explained both of their situation in the story. I’m curious to see if they learn from each other and what becomes of them.

The Element of Life

I was just an ordinary teenage girl who had just turned 17. Yes, I had my ups and downs in life. Buying a new jeep was an amazing experience, but that was nothing compared to dealing with an ex-boyfriend trying to make my life miserable, facing an eating disorder, and trying to overcome the fact that my father left us when I was younger. I suppose it’s good to have friends by your side even if it’s just 1.

Life changed that fateful day when I noticed a strange light in the park. My poor judgement told me to visit the park and I did. Little did I know that touching that light would give me a power. What was this power? This was the power to bring things back to life! Nothing was ever the same.

6/10

I like the idea and plot line but I feel as though it’s a little disorganized and a little hard to follow. I would also suggest making the numbers into words. I believe that this could be a wonderful summary if only it held on a little more to the suspense of a big reveal instead of giving it away right away in the synopsis. It feels like a lot to take in and not much left for the reader’s imagination to think about.

Despondent

He didn’t do relationships, and she’s never been out of her gilded cage.

4/10 I would not open the book. There’s nothing here that makes your book stand out or unique among millions of books with a similar trope. Blurbs should be 150-200 words. Introduce the main character, the conflict, what will happen if he/she fails to resolve said conflict. Sell it to me.

Poesy Bosler is desperate. When her best (and only) friend, Annika, decides to move fifteen hundred miles away to Los Angeles, Poesy devises a plan to get her to stay. The plan is stupid. Poesy knows this.

She’s going to make Annika fall in love.

Finding the guy won’t be hard. Annika is the hottest girl in their school, after all. Fueled by French fries and sarcasm, Poesy uses her clumsy spy skills…

𝘞𝘢𝘪𝘵 𝘢 𝘩𝘰𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘥… 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘤𝘭𝘶𝘮𝘴𝘺?

𝘐’𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘣𝘭𝘶𝘳𝘣 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦, 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘮𝘶𝘤𝘩.

𝘈𝘩𝘦𝘮

𝘔𝘺 𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘗𝘰𝘦𝘴𝘺 𝘉𝘰𝘴𝘭𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘳𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘥 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘶𝘱 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦… 𝘮𝘺 𝘴𝘱𝘺 𝘴𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘰𝘯 𝘱𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘵. 𝘈𝘭𝘴𝘰, 𝘐’𝘮 𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘶𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘴𝘶𝘱𝘦𝘳 𝘥𝘶𝘱𝘦𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘰𝘭 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘶𝘱𝘦𝘳 𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘢 𝘩𝘰𝘵. 𝘈𝘯𝘺𝘸𝘢𝘺, 𝘮𝘺 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘦 𝘈𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘬𝘢, 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘩… 𝘴𝘩𝘦’𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦. '𝘊𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘪𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦’𝘴 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘐 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸… 𝘪𝘵’𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘯𝘰 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘴𝘵 𝘢 𝘴𝘵𝘶𝘱𝘪𝘥 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺.

I would rate your summary 6.5/10, to be honest I find that your story needs a little more sustenance, however I like the fact that you included the character’s comical side towards the author. Reminds me of when you watch a film and a narrator comments something about the protagonist, only to protest against the author and taking matters into their own hands lol.

TITLE: LEGEND OF D.A.R.K.E.S.S.

SUMMARY:

“It is the age of the apocalypse and the beginning of the end. There lived a boy who became the 5 powers. Afraid of what he had become, unknown to the mysteries of the world around him. He didn’t know what awaited him at that dawn of that time, whether he would become a devil or perhaps a God. But, sometimes there are mysteries that can’t wait for no one, and only in the shadows can he be sure to find the answers he was always searching for.”

“His name was Ray Tristani, he was 16 and on his 17th birthday he never thought that he would be taken from his new home. Taken by strangers and driven afraid, alone, in the night, in the dark.”

I like your summary a lot. It is a little bit short, but it is also to the point. It gives readers a really good idea of what the story is about, while still leaving a lot to the imagination. However I would like just a weeeee bit more information. That all comes down to personal preference though. Also careful with switching between past and present tense. It’s good though, it made me want to read your book. I’d give it a 8/10

“None of this is okay…It’s wrong.” I turned away from him, but his hand reached out and grabbed mine. I turned back and looked into his eyes.

“It’s not wrong. We’ve been going around in circles for weeks about how ‘it’s wrong’ and how ‘you can’t’. You’ve convinced yourself you aren’t allowed to be happy because of some crazy, stupid, bullshit twist of fate and it’s just not true, Emma. It’s not true. I can’t express to you the amount of pain you’re putting me through. I’m so in love with you, and you’re slipping away from me into this dark place. So I need you to love me back, and I need you to stay in the light.”

One day the clock runs down and you’re left wondering where all that time was wasted. Sometimes you wonder if you did enough; if you lived enough; if you have the proof to show that you made your time worthwhile.

Emma Roland has spent every moment of her life living to the fullest. The clothes she wear, the food she eats, and the people she spends her time with are all indications of the way she lived. But there comes a moment when you’re forced to stop and take a breath. Not everything is always so good and so fun; not every moment of your life will have a happy ending. And when Emma is forced into the darkest moment of her life, she fears that nothing will be able to save her.

Except maybe him.

Thank you so much for your criticism, I believe you’re right about the past and present part of the summary of the story. Even I thought about, but needed someone’s second opinion, therefore thank you for your help. Now I’m 100% it needs to be edited and be better. :blush::black_heart:

9/10 Your 1st paragraph caught my attention and I was hooked. I’m curious to see what this romance is and why it’s so important.

Everyone says seventeen is the perfect age. I was sure hoping so. Buying a new jeep was an amazing experience that any girl could hope for, but that was nothing compared to dealing with an ex-boyfriend trying to make my life miserable, facing an eating disorder, and trying to overcome the fact that my father left us when I was younger. I suppose it’s good to have friends by your side even if it’s just one.

Life changed that fateful day when I noticed a strange light in the park. My poor judgement told me to visit the park and I did. Little did I know that touching that light would give me a power. An element if you will. This new power completely changed my life. To say the least, nothing would ever be the same.

8/10, I like the first person POV to the summary because I’ve never seen many like this, but it still just doesn’t hook me as much.

The Library Pact

Blake Martin hates cliches, and yet her entire school is riddled with cliches. From the cheerleader and the football player to the queen bee, then to the bad boy and the good girl. Which coincidentally Blake has been labeled as “the good girl.”

Sure, she is a straight-A student, student body president, and works at the local bakery, but Blake does not want those key things defining her. She’s more than just a naive good girl.

In an outburst of rebelliousness, Blake comes across Aaron Hunt in the library’s alcoves and their lips spark the lightning between them. As they try to keep their relationship strictly “no-strings-attached”, Blake finds herself developing feelings for the bad boy despite his dangerous habits and dangerous past.