Gimme Things To Read ;)

Aye folks! I’m currently looking for some books to read, but I cannot promise to get to all of them! Here is what I am looking for:

• Completed stories, mostly. I want to be able to binge-read through a good book or two…or hundred, hehe.
  • Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Mystery/Thriller, Crime-fiction, Horror, Paranormal. Romance as the sub-plot and not the whole plot.

Make sure to follow Wattpad guidelines! <3

23 Likes

Lol :joy:

1 Like

First of a duology so if you like it you’ll get two completed books to binge :wink:

“Great power comes with great…” I raised my eyebrows at Guardian, looking his skin-tight suit up and down. “Urges to wear spandex, apparently.”

“Are you using altered famous superhero comic book references to insult me?” he asked incredulously.

I snorted. “You bet your fucking ass, I am.”

Tessa Kingston has lived in Crown City her entire life. There’s nothing really unusual about the city, either. There’s high school, horny teenage boys, drunken parties… and Supers.

Men in skin-tight suits aren’t really who Tessa has looked to for help during her life… not that her opinion is popular. With big names like ‘Guardian’ and ‘Blindspot’ running - or flying - around her city and saving innocents, it’s usually more likely to thank a Super for saving your life instead of tell them off and want to handle things yourself - not that Tessa follows the rules, of course.

When some serious trouble starts stirring up in Crown City, Tessa seems to be caught in a world she had spent her entire life hating - not that they’ve given her much of a choice in the matter. But when serious events start happening too often to be coincidences, Tessa starts questioning what happened to start the chaos in the first place… and why the hell she’s there to witness it all - not to mention why one Super in particular is giving her extra attention.

Tessa Kingston always thought that she had everything - and everyone - figured out, so what happens when nothing is as it had seemed?

Link to my page is added to my forum profile if you want to check it out! :blush:

I also have a horror/psychological thriller short story on there. Happy reading!

ALL OF MY BOOKS ARE COMPLETED minus the romance main-genre I started like two weeks ago but as you don’t want that, my entire page is a free for all! Hope you find something you like - whether it be my books or that of others!

1 Like

Perhaps you wish to try…

Poetry: https://www.wattpad.com/myworks/224084153-the-everlasting-encounter

Romance: https://www.wattpad.com/myworks/224076886-of-moons-and-boats

Short Story: https://www.wattpad.com/myworks/224078905-fragile-wings

All completed and “freshly finished”. Hope you like them!!!

I have a completed novel and two novellas (which I’ll list one of so the comment isn’t too long).

Falling on the Landmind - Science Fiction

Haunted by the ghost of her mother, Ainsley Wonove falls down the rabbit hole. She knew her fate was to become like her family, a hero hidden behind a mask, but Ainsley also knew that Erifort could use more than just a hero. Toeing the line was a dangerous thing and one that Ainsley felt she was rath

Game Set Match - Sci-fi Romance

Alexis Hart has been hurt in the name of love but when her second chance to find a soulmate arrives, she can’t help but be intrigued. Soon she finds herself in a virtual coffee shop where she meets a man whose name resembles the ex that broke her. Thinking it was a mere coincidence and believing that the game couldn’t be wrong, Alexis allows herself to daydream about the man that arrived on a dark horse.

However, giving her heart to a man that shared a name with the ex that broke her proved to be a challenge. But as she learns a truth that will shake the very world that she stands on, Alexis must decide between getting the revenge her heart aches for or moving forward with forgiveness.

Edited: because I didn’t make sure I copied the right words and gave the wrong stuff XD

1 Like

Thank you! I will go take a looksie soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No problem! If you give any of my books a shot I hope you enjoy whatever it is that you read! :blush: Same goes for any of the suggestions from others haha :joy:

1 Like

I want romance as the side-plot and not the full plot. FYI to those that are giving me romance as a full plot. I’m just not interested in a full-romance story, sorry.

1 Like

I want to give my book too :joy: but it’s teen fiction and ongoing :joy:

(I really should get out of this thread now)

1 Like

Hello! Thanks for considering our stories. I have two stories. Please take a look.

Title: Lost
Summary:
“Sweetheart, you are the badger, I am the snake, but in this chase, I am the predator and you are my prey.”

With that he moulded their lips together, sealing their fates permanently.

(Chapter 20)

~*~

She was a girl who wanted nothing more but to fade away in surroundings, he was a boy who wanted to be known by everyone.

She was a girl who wanted to be invisible, he was the boy who wanted to rule them all.

She was a girl who wanted nothing to do with him, he was a boy who wanted to do everything with her.

He was Tom Riddle, but God who was she?

Genre: Romance / Mystery / Adventure / Fantasy (This is AU with being Open fanfiction)

Another Story:

Title: Ice and Fire
Genre: Werewolf / Romance / Mystery / Adventure / Fantasy
Summary:

“They submit to me. They always do. Don’t be naive and think you are an exception.”

~~~

Fierce warrior was what she was called. They knew her as a dedicated and justice-loving leader. She was like ice. Always calm and collected.

The ferocious killer was what he was called. They didn’t know he existed unless he was killing them. He was like a fire. Always burning the things that came in contact with him.

In the battle of these two, will this ice tame that fire or will that fire consume this ice?

Links:

Lost and Ice and Fire

Covers:

1 Like

Hullo. I have a completed Fantasy Sci-fi book :slight_smile:

Battle_for_the_Photon_Core

Inter-Universal Protectors: Battle for the Photon Core

Amneris Topanga, the immortal Queen of Lyriumia and Guardian of the Photon Core, sealed away Enliatu, the Dark king, in Negative Space five thousand years ago. She always knew that there was a way to break the spell keeping him in his prison. Ten items were hidden across the multiverse, some in the most unlikely of locations, all with tricks and traps to stop them from being found. Were they to be discovered, Amneris could only hope they were found by the right people. Of course, this was not the case. Why would things be easy for the Immortal Queen?

A new threat has arisen to the throne of Terpola, the people of the Dark King. This threat wants nothing more than to destroy Amneris, but immortals can’t be killed. Or can they? Hearing this from an unlikely source, Amneris and her Court set out to recover the items that were hidden away so long ago, meeting some old enemies along the way and teaming up with the most unlikely of allies: someone who was close to the new Queen of Terpola who has never agreed with her plans.

The Court of Lyriumia sets out on a mission with one goal in mind: Stop the Terpolite Queen before she releases the man who would quite easily destroy the multiverse. Not that Amneris couldn’t do the same, but that’s not important right now. Still, it does not take long for the Court to figure out that they got more than they were bargaining for on their mission.

SORCERESS THREE
Fantasy/Adventure
Complete (30k words)

After discovering their powers, 12-year-old Malaya Laxamana and her sisters go on the run from their magic-hating village.

They escape into the mountains where they are taken under the wing of their estranged aunt and her coven of witches. There, they learn to master their powers and discover the ancient ways of the witchfolk.

A moon-eating beast looms near. As the witchfolk prepare to battle it, the sisters must decide if they are going to run or take a stand.

It has no romance sub-plot, but it’s complete and makes for a great binge-read. :wink:

2 Likes

Hi @nightlyscorpio

I have two crime thrillers that you can binge read on. One of them, “For You” has romance as sub plot while “Spies and Spice” is a mystery/thriller where there is only a hint of romance, much later in the story.

Please check them out and let me know your thoughts.

Title : Spies and Spice

Genre : Thriller/ Mystery/Crime/Action

https://www.wattpad.com/story/171059430-spies-spice-completed

He was known only by his codename Victor.

Fear was his weapon and anonymity his asset…

His junior officers whispered tales of his ruthless and daring heroics while his seniors put up with his unconventional and often barbaric tactics, only because all his missions were successful.

Always… Until he went in a loneman mission, which turned out to be the biggest challenge of his career.

A casual hunch, that his trained instincts found hard to ignore, led him to unravel a huge operation whose tentacles spread from Afghanistan to Delhi, Mumbai to Kerala.

And then came the gruesome murder of his boss and mentor, Intelligence Bureau Chief J.P.Nanda.

He was unstoppable now, hell bent on rooting out the culprits behind this dark world, in spite of facing several dead ends, caught in a maze of deceit, betrayal and never ending danger.

In the midst of it all was an innocent girl, caught between these two extreme and dangerous worlds.

Meanwhile, near the south coast of Goa, the fishermen noticed two bodies that floated ashore to their village. One was their fellow villager and the other unknown…

It was not an unusual sight for them, as the neighborhood in the north was filled with Drug Lords. They informed the relevant people and began the funeral arrangements.
——
Title : For You

Genre : Romance /action

https://www.wattpad.com/story/134827082-for-you-completed

A motorbike rider dressed in full leather outfit and helmet, rammed through the opening in the barricade towards the stage, and shot at Pratap Chaudhary with a revolver.

ACP Ajay Singh Rathore chased the bike rider on his motorbike, hell bent on catching the criminal.

Pratap, the goon turned politician, was hated by many but no one dared to touch him or even raise their voice against him before.
Who was brave or desperate enough to do this?

One thing was sure, how much ever Ajay hated Pratap, he wouldn’t let anyone taking law into their own hands and get away with it.

Ajay, Vidya and Amrita

This is the story of three people, their childhood friendship, their teenage turmoils and what happens to their love and ideals when they become adults. How their values about friendship, family and love are tested, and what it means to be fighting against injustice and corruption, when one of your family member is ruthlessly taken away from you.

They say everything is FAIR in LOVE AND WAR…

Which is fair? Thirsting for a quick revenge where all the forces of power are resting in the hands of corrupt Politicians or fight and fight till justice is avenged in a lawful way.

Find out by reading “For You“

Not sure if this would be interesting to you but here is the info for my story!
Low-Fantasy Fiction and Action/Adventure with romance as a subplot but not really present in the first part!

Title: Hell Hath No Fury

Status: Part one of three is completed. I will be uploading about 50k words in a week as a part of part two!

Chapters: 20

Words: ~100k words.

TLDR: Want a pirate adventure story with lgbt characters, badass women, and lots of secrets? My main character and many other characters are apart of the lgbtq+ community and the main romance in the storyis a gxg couple.

Blurb: Aboard the Scorned Woman, there is a pirate crew that hails from all five Baethean continents. They raid merchant ships and other pirates in the dead of night and take no prisoners. Releasing captured women, killing men, and wreaking havoc whenever they are on land, the ladies of the Scorned Woman are notoriously dangerous around Baethos. When a young girl with nothing but a need to get away from home stumbles across the ship, she finds herself in a whole new world of steel, gold, and thievery. In this adventure, follow her into unknown political arenas, life-risking missions for gold and falling in love, not just with the open seas.

Link:https://my.w.tt/VIU7FECqD5

1 Like

This is more brutal than Game of Thrones and is not for everyone. I do not hold back on harsh reality, if that’s your thing, you will likely love this book, if you are easily triggered, don’t touch it :blush:

Can you serve a man who’s murdered your family for the lives of thousands? Can you be a tyrant if the land you need to protect demands it? Will you fight for the freedom of your people or the one you love if one prevents the other? Can you become a monster for the greater good or will you watch it all burn to hold on to virtue?

In a world torn apart by centuries of conflict, where differences drive the sun and moon worshippers into mortal enemies, two lives, born on the opposite sides of the war, carry with them a prophecy to eclipse one another and bring it all to an end. As war rages across the land and the best of men and women clash against one another for what they believe in, one question remains to be answered: which prophecy is right, or are they both wrong?

Set in an ancient world rich with spiritual, nomadic culture, Obsidian is a story of love that survives in the time of conflict. A tale of difficult choices and heavy consequences seen through the eyes of ten unstoppable people who are made of obsidian and break like one-into the deadliest weapons of all.

https://www.wattpad.com/story/184061894-obsidian

damn my book isn’t completed yet but it has 40 chapters

Do you think you’d be interested in my work? It’s a paranormal romance. It’s not completed yet, but the chapters I do have so far are pretty long.

Hello! I have a completed paranormal thriller novella that you might be interested in :bluehearts:

https://www.wattpad.com/story/118403228

[𝐍𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀 𝟏 - 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄]

𝑶𝒏𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒖𝒄𝒉 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑰’𝒍𝒍 𝒘𝒂𝒕𝒄𝒉 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒊𝒆.

Evelyn White was born with a gift - or rather, a curse: the first time she touches someone, she sees when and how that person dies. Meeting new people is sickening. Walking through a crowd is hell. Not to mention that when she opens her big mouth to tell people what’s going to happen to them, most treat her like she’s crazy - at least until she saves their lives.

But meddling with the future has consequences, and Death is not all there is to fear. As she searches for a way to save the new transfer student from being murdered, a voice starts whispering in her ear. Someone or something lurks in the shadows. Watching. Waiting. Trying to get close using mind games and tricks.

It knows about her powers. It knows she can change Fate - and it’s not alone.

Title/Link: A Kiss Across Borders
Genre: YA Contemporary Romance, Adventure, Coming-of-Age
Blurb: Javier has had a crush on his friend, Caroline, for the last two years. But he’s never told her how he feels. One morning, Javi decides to take Caroline on an adventure he hopes she’ll never forget, even if it might land him in jail.

It’s the last summer before university, and Javier Giordano is in Monaco, spending most of his time on his dad’s yacht. But for Javi, the best part about being in Monaco is getting to see Caroline. They’re just friends, but he wishes they were more. One night, Javier throws a party on the yacht, and things were going well until he danced with a girl who Caroline cannot stand. It was a momentary lapse in judgment, helped by some beer, but now he wants to make it up to her. So while Caroline is asleep in his room, Javi comes up with a plan to go on an adventure around the Mediterranean Coast. But on their impromptu trip, Javier, Caroline and their friends discover more than they bargained for.

Maybe you might like my story :blush: It’s a Sci-fi/Dystopian/Thriller/New Adult. The only thing is that it’s not complete but it has 37 parts and I’m going to be going back to regular uploads since I just finished the semester. I hope you’ll check it out :grin:

Title: Shards
Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/110363618-shards
Blurb: Being the daughter of the most powerful people in the country places a high societal value on Octavia. The glamour of this public-placed status wore off for her years ago as tragedy after tragedy has followed Octavia because of it. But the glamour never wore off for the Chrome Rebellion. They take advantage of it when they abduct her and her friends from an underground party.

Adding to her tragedies, Octavia must survive being the prisoner of the most unstable person in the country and survive the ramifications of her ransom - a more daunting task than she realizes. Shard, the head of the Chrome Rebellion and Octavia’s handler, keeps her ransom a secret from her and almost everyone.

Most of his Chromies do not even know her ransom price. Truth is always a high price to pay for freedom but is the path to it.