Give Your Characters Meaningful Life Advice

writing
question

Give your characters (as many as you’d like) meaningful life advice. It can also be characters from different stories of yours. Say it as if you were talking to them. What would you advise them on?

Since I’m the original poster, I’ll start first:

Ravenna: I think you need to let your guard down just a bit to the people you know deserve it. Emotions are not a weakness, and all those who show feelings are not weak. Once you open your mind a bit, eventually with time, your perspective in life will change for the better. And hopefully, you’ll realize the wrongs in your ideology. Power is not the only objective of life. In better words: stop being a bi*ch

Winston: Your past does not determine who you are as a person. Know you’re not alone in your battles and don’t be ashamed to ask for help. Asking for help does not make you weak, it only means you’re on the path to becoming stronger. Don’t let others degrade you for less than you are worth. They don’t know the real you, so their labels for you is never accurate. Don’t let them get to you. Your flaws do not make you less of a human than the rest of them. Oh… and please try to keep it in your pants.

Henry: Don’t stick your dick in crazy.

Graham: Grown a pair.

Gabriela: Run from the crazy woman.

Adrian: Stop being a crazy woman.

:clap::clap::clap::clap: beautiful!. Life advice everyone on this earthly planet needs

Elijah: Honey, you need to calm down. You need to stop overreacting and lying and just come clean about everything that you have done. If you love Irina like you say you do, you need to let her in about Haydn. You need to love Haydn the way he should be loved, not as a secret. You need to stop hiding. You need to be honest and accept responsibility for your actions.

Haydn: Darling angel, don’t be a hypocrite. Don’t help Elijah with his relationship with Irina when you are part of the problem. You. Are. Having. An. Affair. With. A. Human. A human who is damaging his previous life because he loves you that much. A human that is struggling religiously because he’s in love with you. A human with a woman at his arm who deserves none of this. She doesn’t even know about you. I know you are right and I know you are smart but baby you just shouldn’t have fallen for a taken man. You should have been the better man and left before the feelings were too much. This isn’t Britannia or Rome, anymore.

Abraham: Keep your cool, Abe. You are a good man. Violence is not always the answer.

Irina: Leave Elijah now. He’s cheating on you with a vampire. I know you love him. Listen to me. Find. A. Better. Man.

Deep. Just the way I like it :blush:

Becca: wipe your tears and remember that who you used to be isn’t who you are. Letting others love you is okay. Not everybody will see your faults and bad decisions as failures.

Luke: a puppy is not a substitute for human interaction

Awwww, words to live by, Aly.

Hemato from therapist 1: You know, it’s not your fault Anna-Marie died by your hand. You don’t have to go Quasi Modo and shit.

Hemato from therapist 2: No really, it is your fault. And you should bury yourself with her right now.

Hemato: What does therapy even mean!

If it’s a pug puppy then totally is a substitute for human interaction. An improvement, even!

It’s a Leonberger pup, aka one of the cutest fluff balls I have ever seen.

Stop being ridiculous and just be together.

Can I steal it? :heart_eyes:

You are already in control of your life. You can get better, don’t let your fear of eating control your love for food. The scale is not what defines you. Calories are just a number, not a measure of your worth. People are here for you, we love you. Please get help before it becomes too late.

Right?! I was torn between a Leonberger and a Bernese Mountain Dog.

In Halifax, where I live, there’s a Leonberger who’s popular on Instagram. Her name is Venti and she is absolutely gorgeous so I took the inspiration for the puppy from her.

I honestly love this.

Lucian: Stop trusting everyone you meet. You’re going to get hurt…

Aaron: You seriously need some anger-management classes and some medicine for those scales.

Thank you, it’s something I have had to learn and teach myself so I can get better from all this shit and IK my character needs to realize it too.

I know what it feels like. I’ve been dealing with my personal body issues and eating habits for years and finally have started coming to good terms with myself.

That’s wonderful, I am so glad. I have been struggling with an eating disorder for years and it has just taken time for me to realize these things. With the help of others of course, I couldn’t do it alone. I am sorry you have had to struggle through this. I hope it gets better soon.

It’s great to hear that you are doing well too. It’s getting easier and I’ve gotten way better about taking care of my body and doing what feels right. Especially now that there is more attention and open talking related to these kinds of problems.