Giveaway paperback

Hey there, If you are visiting it on 14th Feb then Happy Valentine’s day!
I need your guys help…
I have newly started a book blog where I review the books to be published. To advertise it more I started a giveaway of one of the books I reviewed for US reader (due to some reasons I can do it for US only). Even the giveaway is not having a good response.
Should I change the rules or try advertising it some other way? Does my blog need something or…
So please help me…
Blog
Giveaway
PS not an ad. I am not getting paid for any of it!

Firstly: not sure what you’re allowed to advertise… my guess would be that this is alright so long as you’re not encouraging people to read on other sites (like Radish or Inkitt) and you’re not receiving any money for this, but who knows.

Honestly, you just don’t have very many posts on your blog yet. It’s also a little hard to navigate–the home page isn’t the list of posts, but a bunch of different things sort of oddly arranged. I want to read the posts in order!

Your reviews are super short, and I noticed a lot of typos and grammatical errors. That’s definitely something to clean up!

In addition to that, I’d just work on slowly growing a base on all the platforms you’re on, then advertising across all of them. The giveaway may help (I don’t even know what tags to use for that on Twitter), but the main issue is that you just haven’t given it time! And you really need to polish up that blog so that it stands above the many, many other ones online.

1 Like

Thanks and no I am not doing it for money just personal outlook.
I tried to keep the blog spoiler free which makes doing a book review quite difficult or maybe it is just me.
I am still learning and you helped me a lot with this.

1 Like

Check out other book review blogs! See how they organize 2,000-5,000 word reviews. What do they focus on? How do they critique? Do they discuss similar things each time?

1 Like

I will surely do that. Thanks for your time!

1 Like

Hi there :wave:,

it seems that your question might be more suited for the #industry-insider club. I’ve gone ahead and moved the thread there for you.

Thanks for understanding,
Flora - Community Ambassador :floranocturna:

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi there! :wave:

As it looks like you’ve already received some good advice on this, I’ll go ahead and close this thread for you. :blush:

Thank you,
Hollie - Community Ambassador :azanthiel:

1 Like