Graphic Designing: A Masterclass

Welcome to The Graphic Tutorial Book!

When I first started Graphic Designing, like most, I was clueless on how to do anything other than add text. So I turned to tutorial books, hoping to learn more about how to make the really cool graphics I saw others create, only to be frustrated when people gave tutorials like, “How to Make a Ripped Paper Effect” or “How to Make a Silver Effect”

There is nothing wrong with these tutorials of course. But they tend to work better for people that already know what they are doing. I had no idea what I was doing and was often left to figure out things on my own.

“Why can’t there just be a tutorial book that explain everything!” I often cried.

Now, three years later, I finally have this option.

This is a step by step tutorial that contains the knowledge I’ve accumulated. Even clueless beginners can follow along. It will cover some of the best tools and each lesson will build off each other. I will even assign assignments at the end of the chapter! (You, of course, are not required to do this. But it is suggested.)

And the best part?

Every tutorial will require no money to do. None.

Yes. Everything, even the tools I suggest will be free. Though Of course money will get you better supplies, heck, I wish I could have afforded Photoshop and a bunch of high quality stocks, but that isn’t an option for me.

I’m going to assume that you don’t want to spend hundreds of dollars a year on Photoshop and resources when you not even sure if you want to do this yet.

Is it more convenient to have all these nice tools? The honest answer is-

YES!!

But it’s also possible to do without them. Which is what I’m going to try to help you do.

The book will be Organized into seven sections and will have various sub sections-

Introduction

Part 1: Tools
Section 1: Cutting, resizing
Section 2: Erasing/cropping
Section 2: Coloring/Shadows
Section 3: Text
Section 4: Other

Part 2: Getting started with your first cover
Placing the background
Adding models, items
Effects
Text

Part 3: Overall Improvements
Quality Images, and where to find them
Copyright
Focus
Rookie mistakes

Part 4: The guide to the different kinds of covers
Text Slaps
Manipulations
Model Based
Item based
Book Jackets
Icons and banners

Part 5: Developing your own style

Part 6: The different kinds of graphics

Part 7: Opening your graphic shop

I will add other chapters as are requested. However, this will (Hopefully) be the basic format. (I will be focusing on learning the ropes, rather than specific covers though. At least until the end.)

I hope you enjoy this thread! I’ve worked hard to make it understandable and easy to follow! If you have any further questions, feel free to let me know in the comments and I will answer to the best of my ability, whether through a comment, chapter or pm-ing you.

DISCLAIMER: First of all this is the first time I’ve ever tried to make a tutorial book. Some things may be unclear. PLEASE let me know if you have questions so I can improve the book.

Second disclaimer, I am not a master at graphic designing nor claim to be. I can’t make flawless graphics, but I do know the basics, and some theory. This will be enough to get you started. (I hope.)

Thank you!

I’ll be tagging everyone who showed interest in the thread I posted a while back. If you request it, I will tag you every time I post a lesson. You will not be tagged again, if you don’t want to.
@breathingchemicals @EncryptedWriting @sky_is_limit @CamilaMontoyaSolarte @RaphaelaLee
@SuchithraBV @missace123 @Nonfictionism

25 Likes

I’m excited for this!

2 Likes

Already hyped! I’ve always waited for something like this! :clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes

tag me, please !

1 Like

WOOOO!

2 Likes

Hey there! Im interested and I think @hiiismeandmeami would be too (I would feel bad randomly tagging her but she’s my sister so it’s fine lol)

1 Like

I want to be tagged

Do u make icons? If u do I am requesting an icon tutorial

Oh yeah! I can totally do that!

1 Like

Life saver I’ve been wanting someone to help teach me how to do covers. I’m pretty dumb and don’t know much.

1 Like

Yayyy

ooh also u are not gonna use any apps are u? I can’t download apps…

1 Like

lol

Yesssss

wow its awesome article for graphics designing. Learned a lot from thi sarticle. Hope so ypu will keep updating ,ore knowledgable articles related to designing.

No apps. :wink:

yayyy! so when is the first lesson?

Posting it right now.

1 Like

wohoo!

also will u teach us to make textures?