Grown up weekend plans

I can’t be the only one around here who gets to fill her weekends with nasty stuff that I’m too busy for during the week? Let’s commiserate.

What are you up to this weekend, besides writing and reading?

My plans include grocery shopping, laundry, general household chores, Christmas gift knitting, mending, cooking for the coming week and also baking some Christmas gifts.
Just typing all that made me tried. :sob:

I totally relate - and I’m not even an adult yet :sob: spending this weekend Christmas shopping, working and cleaning the house.

1 Like

At least you’re getting the shopping out of the way early! I once got stuck in an Ikea the week before Christmas, and it was WW3. Ever since then I make sure to get my Christmas shopping out of the way REALLY early. :rofl:
Seriously. Hell is a shopping mall in Christmas season. At least for me.

Any fun plans, too?

2 Likes

Mum once forgot to go Christmas shopping and dragged me out of bed to go shopping on Christmas Eve. It was hell.
Not really - got to finish my assignments etc. At least I have holidays at the end of next week. You?

1 Like

Over here, we celebrate Christmas Eve, but shops are still open in the mornings. People buy groceries as if the world was ending, and after the holidays they are queuing up at the gym because they overate. :joy: Last year, two guys got into a brawl over a free parking space at the supermarket here.

Not too much. I want to write a full chapter if I can, and also get some good reading in. And sleeping. I want to sleep all weekend. :joy:
We don’t celebrate Thanksgiving, but in 3 weeks I’m off for Christmas break, so that’s something to look forward to, although I’ll have to do a lot of studying, too.

What are you studying? Or are you still in school?

1 Like

I’m still in school - but I have a university camp in two weeks. It’s exciting, but I’ve still got to prepare for it.

1 Like

Yup. You’re not the only one. *sigh* :pensive:

I need to:

1. Buy new mattresses
  2. Move in to my new apartment
  3. Buy more winter clothes for me and the kids. Brrrr :cold_face:
  4. Buy some essential electronics for the new apartment
  5. Write an article for work
  6. More work-related stuff
  7. Buy a wedding gift

And so much more, but I don’t wanna bore you guys. This is the busiest weekend I had the whole year.

1 Like

Oh no. :sweat: Moving is always so stressful.
I hope you at least get to reward yourself with a nice glass of wine (or a substitute of your choice)! :heart:

1 Like

Coffee is my wine :heart:

1 Like

I can relate to that. :joy::coffee:

1 Like

:grin::+1:

1 Like

For me, this weekend involves studying. Lots and lots of studying for exams. :sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

Oh no! I feel your pain. :sob: What are you studying for?

1 Like

Engineering. :sob:
You?

1 Like

Economics :expressionless:

1 Like

:smile: it’s better than Geography though. :joy:

1 Like

Why? I think Geography is interesting! Economics isn’t. But in terms of job prospects, yeah, Economics might be the better choice.:sweat_smile:

1 Like

:smile: yeah absolutely.

1 Like

Why can you only make a decent living with boring things, though? That’s really unfair. :joy:

1 Like

Point to be noted. :thinking::joy:

1 Like