Guess the Plot by the Cover

I think there used to be a thread for this, but I don’t see it anymore.

Basically, post your cover and only your cover (no links, blurbs, etc.) and the next person will guess genre and plot based off of it then post theirs.

I’ll start this off.

I would have to guess fantasy for the genre. The cover has an anime feel to it.

Plot- Let’s see… sword, pentagram and mystic symbols, so I’m guessing magic, obviously. Title, grey, so I’m thinking wraiths/ghosts of some sort. So… Our young hero must face an evil wraith/mage and stop him from destroying something or taking over someone important’s soul.

1 Like

A mysterious story about how a dog and a human boy find out they are blood related long lost brothers.

Here is mine:

2 Likes

There is a boy name Seth who kills people because a snack told him to do it. Then, he plant his victims underneath beautiful roses as fertilizer.

Yes, I will stick by that.

3 Likes

That would make a dope aśs story. :joy::joy::raised_hands:

2 Likes

Then, its time to get writing!

2 Likes

I’m surprised you came up with blood brothers considering the title, subtitle, and the shadowy image of a man, lol. What genre were you thinking?

1 Like

I honestly stared at it for a while with blank thinking. I couldn’t figure it out at all lol. It looks mysterious though. I’d say mystery.

1 Like

Werewolf, lol. Boy gets kidnapped and bitten into a decimated werewolf pack trying to rebuild. Bit of mystery there I suppose :slight_smile:

1 Like

Little Red Riding Hood? Maybe a little girl has problems at home, abuse or something, and finds comfort in a wolf friend of hers.

newcover

1 Like

It’s a fantasy book. Isn’t it?

The background brown and black show kinda mystery so maybe it’s kinda searching and mystery thriller fantasy book rather than romance based.

I just can’t pinpoint the relation of flowers maybe it’s related to magic or the girl, maybe it has a bit of romance idk.

The background has trees, so it’s mostly based on the dark theme and forest and all area, maybe wolves, witches and all.

MY TURN

3 Likes

Definitely fantasy. The bastard son of the king is kidnapped along with his half-brother. He escapes, the prince doesn’t. In order to find him and not assume the throne, he needs help from a fairy queen. And flowers are just a big part of the whole story, big symbolisms on the fae world and all that.

2 Likes

Not too far off, it is fantasy with magic, one of the MCs is a ghost, and there is a powerful, magical being that the MCs have to fight, and the main main character is also trying to save someone’s soul but it’s somewhat unconnected to the fight.

1 Like

It’s werewolf fantasy? I love the fonts and color scheme!

1 Like

So I was right.

2 Likes

Basically, you just forgot to add my poor attempt at writing romance

2 Likes

I could have cracked the king part t by the crown but with flowers and all I just got engaged in thinking of mystery thriller fantasy rather than linking it with the crown…but looks like a good setup to your fantasy book. All the best for the book

2 Likes

I think the title gives it all. My guess is that it’s a YA novel about a girl’s journey to highschool, and how certain circumstances made her look like the bad girl, or even drove her to be the bad girl in the school. Maybe her boyfriend was taken from her and she wanted to take revenge or was bullied, so she decided to change her character so she won’t be considered from the weak ones anymore.

111717545-256-k503157

3 Likes

Strikes me as a horror story! It took me a moment to realize that’s what looks like a woman in the water, so I’m going to guess the myth has something to do with the spirit of someone who died by drowning, and is now haunting people? Dunno.

55%20AM

2 Likes

Strikes me as a time piece that involves Kings and Queens for some reason.

1567389697114~2

2 Likes