Happy Holidays!!Enter to Win FREE Character Illustrations!

Happy holidays everyone!

To celebrate the season I’ll be creating some free character art for a lucky few.
Just send me a few pictures of a character’s aesthetic and a short description of who they are and the story they’re in.

I will select 1-3 entries that really catch my attention and draw them!

Contest closes December 25!
I will do my best to get the artwork to the winner(s) by January 10

~.~.~.~

Example/What to enter:

Story blurb: (Copy and Paste yours)

Description of character: ie. This character has horns and can summon fire. She has blond hair usually in two braids and hazel eyes. An eye shaped rune is significant to her story. (and any other information you think I could use)

Aesthetic: (It doesn’t need to look professional as long as it conveys a basic idea of your character)

Sample prize:

~ forevermeandfree

16 Likes

Wow !! First off, let me just say your art is frickin’ amazing !! :heart_eyes:

My character is pretty new, but I hope it’s okay. If you see anything glaring / off-putting about it in general, feel free to let me know ! :smile: I love some constructive criticism

❝ Story Blurb ❞

“Hands on the vehicle. Everything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law.”

I put my hands on the vehicle. Just as he said.

This wasn’t your movie - style, car chase police arrest. The barrels of guns never gleamed, cries of agony never heard, and a running victim never pursued. I’m not afraid; in fact, I’m the bravest person I know. And the smartest, if I do say so myself.

And the smartest thing I could do was swallow my pride and plead.

“I swear. I didn’t do anything, officer.”

❝ Description ❞

My character, Lauren, is a Chinese - German American, so she looked different from other children as she grew up in a pre-dominantly White suburb. She has black hair, which she usually has in a messy, comfortable hair bun. Due to her German ancestry, she has blue eyes, athough they are not as bright as her German father’s. She has the ability to copy other’s abilities (i.e. super strength, invisibility), although if her strength is not compatible with that ability, it will not function properly and can harm her.

She currently manipulates wind energy.

❝ Aesthetic ❞

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f504a54635a347358624d4f5f72673d3d2d3531353138363134332e313530353361383636353863356461613131313335383230313639382e676966

3 Likes

Story blurb: Raven Rouge lives a tough life and to make matters worse, she soon she finds herself face to face with supernaturals, adding to the stress of her already complicated life. Raven ends up slaying monsters and she gains quite a reputation. Villains want her dead and there’s a price on her head. What happens when she goes to a town full of demons and the tables turn? Her job just got more hellishly complicated…

Description of character: A witty, badass main character who may be a teensy tiny bit rude at times-OK, a lot. But she’s very heroic and deadly despite being savage. She wants to make the world a better place and take down monsters that prey on souls. Very brave and comical in some scary situations.

Aesthetic: (It doesn’t need to look professional as long as it conveys a basic idea of your character)

My cover is pretty much how she looks and here are pictures:

0e1013addfe71bff9b206edeb161bb87

ca7ae794d783e7f40989fdb7ec57c009--cartoon-drawings-girl-drawings

DMiumXZWkAY3ywO

e22e069e13a37fce9a0b3eaa7445ad17

You art is amazing :purple_heart:

4 Likes

I love your art, it’s incredible! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Story blurb
Etta Parker was eight years old when she became a Chosen.

Worldwide nuclear warfare decimated the Earth in 2045. The Council emerged shortly afterwards. They proposed one solution: send the children to a planet named Kepler-168F.

Etta Parker is now eighteen. On Kepler-168F, the rules are simple. Women must be married to encourage population growth. They must confine themselves to a life of motherhood. Etta doesn’t believe in that.

She craves freedom - and she’ll achieve it by any means.

Description
Etta Parker is an African-American woman, though she has no ties to her culture as she grew up during the nuclear war which decimated all countries on Earth. She has natural black hair that is shoulder length which she wears out. In later chapters of the story, Etta’s hair is adorned in braids and flowers to show her status as a ruler. Etta has dark brown eyes. She often wears a frown or a snarl as she is a proficient soldier and angered by how society treats her. Etta has quite dark skin - approximately rose 8 on the picture I’ll attach in the aesthetics! She is muscular and quite stocky. A burn scar runs down the entirety of Etta’s arm, beginning at her shoulder. She also has plenty of smaller scars on her fingers from fighting. There are three possible outfits that Etta could wear: a spacesuit with her name and the word “chosen” marked on her breast, a military uniform (like everyday soldier’s wear) that is dark green and brown, or jeans, combat boots and a bomber jacket - the bomber jacket having the word “chosen” on the back. Feel free to be creative with the clothing!

Aesthetics
Etta%20Parker%20Ciphertext

reference Kepler

1 Like

Hey! Your art looks amazing! I’ll try my luck. :blush:

Story Blurb

A determined small-town girl sets out on a quest to find out what happened to her beloved sister. Travelling to London, Amelia is catapulted into a new, unknown world that threatens her life. Her only chance of safety lies in the mysterious antique store owner Mr Noble, the last person to see her sister Sophia alive. Can she trust the handsome stranger, or will he be her downfall?

Hard choices will be made; bonds will be formed as dark secrets are uncovered. And, of course, death will always be watching.

Description of character

Gabriel is an archangel that was cast out of heaven after betraying his race. During his time on earth, he fell in love with a witch who stabbed him in the back, leaving him broken and hopeless. Hiding on earth he thinks there is no redemption for him. He can be very cynical and grumpy but Gabriel is also fiercely loyal and never backs down from a fight. After meeting the MC of the story we vows to make things right and punish those who wronged him.
The character has dark brown wings with gold tips. He often carries a long, silvery sword and usually wears a dark suit or long coat. His eyes are brown with flecks of gold (they turn red when he’s emotional) and he has shaggy chocolate-coloured hair. The characters chest, back and upper arms are covered in black and crimson sigils and runes.

Aesthetic

torches%20%7C%20Transformers%20%F0%9F%94%93
80%20ARTISTIC%20SLEEVE%20TATTOO%20FOR%20MEN%20-%20Godfather%20Style

Have a nice day and I hope you find something that catches your eye! :cherry_blossom:

2 Likes

Hi! First of all, your art is amazing, :star_struck: I could never do anything like that. Second of all, I’d love if you could draw one of my two main characters, Owyn!

Story blurb:
Owyn Calder has always dreamed of becoming a dragonrider. But only registered children can visit tamed dragons to pass the test. Kids with unknown birthdays have to find wild dragons to form a bond. Lyria Damos is the opposite. She thinks dragons are stupid and doesn’t want to pass the test. But she has to because her parents, the king and queen, insisted that she become a dragonrider. After all, she came from two long lines of great dragonriders.
But none of them get what they wish for. For some reason, a dragon bonds to Lyria and not to Owyn. Because of this, the princess decides to strengthen her bond so that she can help her new friend find a wild dragon to bond with. But they’ll have to cross the whole continent, and who knows what dangers await them…

Character description:
Owyn’s an orphan thief living in the streets of Eldermar, which is the capital of the human kingdom of Urmylia, the world where this story is set. So he should have clothes that show that, like something a bit torn or something. He loves dragons and he loves books (not really sure how that helps for drawing but thought I’d mention it). He has short, messy black hair and green eyes. Also keep in mind that he’s twelve. He’s friendly and likes to help people even though he’s a thief, so maybe draw him smiling to convey the friendliness?

Aesthetic:
Well, I actually had a character card made, so I’ll put that, then the second image is mostly for the hair, and the third mostly for clothes:
imageimageimage

1 Like

Oh, @forevermeandfree, can I also fill out the form for my second main character in case you would prefer to draw her?

Sure you can enter as many characters as you want

Okay, great!

Well I’ll submit the form for Lyria as well in case you’re more inspired by her description!
Story blurb:
Well, it’s the same one.

Owyn Calder has always dreamed of becoming a dragonrider. But only registered children can visit tamed dragons to pass the test. Kids with unknown birthdays have to find wild dragons to form a bond. Lyria Damos is the opposite. She thinks dragons are stupid and doesn’t want to pass the test. But she has to because her parents, the king and queen, insisted that she become a dragonrider. After all, she came from two long lines of great dragonriders.
But none of them get what they wish for. For some reason, a dragon bonds to Lyria and not to Owyn. Because of this, the princess decides to strengthen her bond so that she can help her new friend find a wild dragon to bond with. But they’ll have to cross the whole continent, and who knows what dangers await them…

Character description:
Lyria is the princess of the human kingdom of Urmylia, but she’s not very happy about it. She wishes she could explore more, meet new people. But her parents say that interacting with her “subjects” wouldn’t be princess-like. She’s always had a fascination for magic, and has wanted to learn how it works. But she doesn’t want to bond to a dragon. Lyria has long, straight blond hair. Her eyes are blue. She’s also twelve, so keep that in mind. Her clothes should be fancy, but not like a huge pretty dress or something.

Aesthetic:
Well, I’ll put her character card, second one is for her hair, and something like one of the two last ones for her clothes
image image image

1 Like

Ahhh, I have so many characters that I would absolutely love to see drawn by you! But I will try and limit myself to two entries so as to not overwhelm you! Let me know if there’s anything else you’d like to know or see, or if you want me to divide these into two separate posts :slight_smile: I’m so excited to see whatever you choose and to see more art from you!

These characters are both from the same story, Bearheart.

Blurb: Far in the Frozen North live the Rogalanders, the so-called “bear-people.” Every year, those who are coming of age receive a tattoo - a Mark of Endil, which reveals to its bearer the destiny written for them by the gods.

The day of Hala Freylisdotter’s Marking, originally supposed to bring with it joy, celebration, and her confession of love for her best friend, is ruined by a terrible murder. The subsequent arrival of a bloody woman from a rival nation forces her to choose between the safety of home and the promise of glory for fulfilling her fate. She and her closest friends embark on a cross-continental mission, during which they discover a dangerous political game. A game in which they have unwittingly become players, and where the cost of losing is their freedom, or worse, their lives.

In the face of betrayal and death, Hala is forced to question and break old morals, forge new bonds of love and alliance, and grapple with the answer to one question: how much are you willing to sacrifice to protect your country?

Hala Freylisdotter

Description: Seventeen. 6’8’’. Very lanky and muscular. Pale. Lots of scars and burns everywhere because she’s a blacksmith’s apprentice. Long (mid-back length) wavy golden hair that doesn’t like to stay in a braid, no matter how hard she tries. Dark grey eyes. Dresses in plain grey Viking-type shirt and pants. She has a tattooed stripe under each of her eyes, and a stripe coming down from each corner of her mouth as well. She’s very goofy :slight_smile: Loves to explore and throw berries at her best friend, as well as party and have fun with her family.
Also: she has a few animalistic characteristics. Two elongated canines and a strip of golden fur running down her spine

Aesthetic:
Hala%201
Hala%202

Hala%203
Teeth kind of like this:
fangs

Taiko

Description: 29. 5’5’’ or 5’6’’. Lean muscles. He’s very pale, and he has long white hair that he keeps in a neat braid. Clean-shaven and well-groomed. Angular features + long nose, but a bit androgynous. He dresses in a black shirt and pants with a burnt-red vest. He actually has two irises in each eye. The inner iris is blood-red, and the outer one is like milk-chocolate brown. He hates people, socializing, and laughter. Likes to get drunk, hide in trees, judge people, and steal things. He fights with metal claw gloves

Aesthetic:
Taiko%203
Taiko%202

Taiko%201

4 Likes

oh my god your art is amazing!!

Story blurb:
Third time widow Ophelia Renaldi tipsily concedes to her succession of a sizeable, notorious estate. Felia principally sustains proprietorship merely to spurn some pompous board of directors and an acquisitive nephew, but the garden wildlife proffering her lonely spite company make it easy (she insists her blue headed vireos could rival Whitney).

But the mystifying Manor comes with more strings attached: A study acting as an active crime scene, an alleged curse that evolves into a more palpable threat, a teenage runaway with a repetitive tendency to break-in, a secret dungeon, and a hearty all rounded scandal.

Felia assumed the curse of eternal loneliness would coerce her to take up a hoard of odd past times (Like gardening? She grows her own vegetables). But she never perceived hijacking a cargo shipment of Hollywood’s largest sex trafficking ring could be one of them.

Description of character: The character is Ophelia, an interracial but white passing lady in her late thirties. Kind of a drunken mess (smudged eyes, dark circles, sharp cheek bones), but looks younger than she is and has a childlike innocence. Always looks sullen/ pouty. Fair skin, cropped brown/black hair, soft brown eyes. Vintage aesthetic, wears kitten heals, straight pants and cashmere sweaters, maybe a simple pearl necklace. I tried my best to find references and got a pretty close hit, the only thing is my character looks a little older than the pictures.

Aesthetic:
face/hair/expressions/:

image image image image image image image

look:

image image image image image image image

so hope I get picked!

1 Like

Hello, it’s me again with a second character. :see_no_evil:

Story blurb

A determined small-town girl sets out on a quest to find out what happened to her beloved sister. Travelling to London, Amelia is catapulted into a new, unknown world that threatens her life. Her only chance of safety lies in the mysterious antique store owner Mr Noble, the last person to see her sister Sophia alive. Can she trust the handsome stranger, or will he be her downfall?

Hard choices will be made; bonds will be formed as dark secrets are uncovered. And, of course, death will always be watching.

Description of character

During Amelia’s journey, she finds out that she possesses magic. The more she uses it the more powerful it gets but there is also darkness bubbling up inside her. She has very strong morals and is struggling with what is inside her. She’s impulsive, headstrong and often speaks before she thinks. Her magic changes colours depending on how she feels, the setting and what is happening (mostly it is red though) and she can summon tendrils of magic (like lightning).
Amelia is described as feminine with delicate features, freckles and long, straight but wild black/dark brown hair. She loves to wear dresses, tights and boots. Pale, oval face with piercing sea-green eyes. Her tall, thin frame seems to sag just a bit unless she’s calling on her powers. She’s 19 years old, 5’6’’.

Aesthetic (pinterest inspo)

Scarlet%20Witch%20Age%20of%20Ultron%20by%20Andy%20Park%20-%20Marvel%20Universe
0b7f2d327ea8d01a33a76de6230ec223
Ancient%20Norse%20Women%20%E2%80%93%20Warriors%2C%20Housewives%2C%20Poets%20and%20Priestesses%20%7C%20Metal%20Gaia%20%20%20%20%23women%20%23woman%20%23pagan%20%23norse%20%23heathen%20%23research%20%23warriorwomen%20%23priestesses%20%23poets%20%23alphafemale%20%23badass%20%23warrior
Drawing%20Reference%20Photos%20Posts%2015%20Ideas

Is it the 25th yet? :joy: Have a nice day!

2 Likes

Your work is incredible. As you can see my drawing is not as good from my book cover.

blurb: Matthew, an orphaned safe-cracking wiz of a boy, is being held prisoner in an old folk’s home where he is forced to counterfeit money. However, on a stormy night, Matthew is rescued by a crime-fighting troupe of child chimney sweeps and is swept away to the big city of Spring Heights to live on a half-sunken boat.

In the city, Matthew is introduced to other orphaned children who live on the streets, cleans chimneys with his new family, flees for his life across rooftops, rescues other children and tries to find out the whereabouts of a mean woman connected to his incarceration at the old folk’s home. He also races carts down a hill, a popular pastime of the street children of Spring Heights, where not dying or getting injured is a good outcome.

description: my main character, Matthew, doesn’t really have a description (I was trying to do something different) but in my eyes he kind of has the Harry Potter vibe without the glasses and scar. scrawny with unkempt black hair.

Aesthetic: the same as the sample prize picture you posted. I would love Matthew to be slaving away at a money press in a dark dungeon like setting.

Hope you pick me but if you don’t at least I got to lay my eyes on some wonderful art.

2 Likes

Story blurb: The story is about Thomas, a 26 years old guy from Minnesota are working at the club called Los Angeles Protection Against Crime And Enemies (in short it means L.A.P.A.C.A.E or just Team Wreckers Club), a secret agency club that its job is to protect the world and fight against evil but things getting worse as Prof Kevin, a Russian mad scientist villain who tries to take over the world by using his plan but the problem is that every time he tries his plan over and over, he fails like multiple times because of Thomas and his gang.

Brainiac boy and a young scientist William “Billy” McMillan, cranking and grumpy old Englishman pilot Sir Edward Wilston Gregory, fire superpower black Canadian Ronald Reginald “Reggie” Rickson, goofy Rastafarian Jamaican musician artist Lewis Badrick, an Italian mafia Francis Antonio Bellino, Indonesian military soldier and a dangerous gangster Tino Ralaiman, fat and giant but gentle and nice Puerto Rican biker Eduardo Di Santiago, martial arts Chinese fighters Lee Wong, African retired warrior Freddy Mutaqaddim, happy-go-lucky and a cheerful Japanese girl Mia Yokoshima, aggressive and strong Australian navy woman Rebecca Tyler, scared but calm and sometimes emotive French nurse Marie Brunella, supportive and Billy’s sister Rose McMillan, nut job but pure-heart Malaysian Alisha Zulikha is here to save the world against Prof Kevin but there’s one problem about them, the problem is that instead of saving the world, it’s more like they made a havoc all around the world and the whole club but that’s how they live and the club is also a mansion and a headquarter means that the members can have a good life, will Thomas and the gang save the world before the world is in Prof Kevin’s hand?.
Description of character: ie. Thomas has a Jim Morrison wavy hair so do his face, brown eyes and he’s has a shaved beard, he’s wearing a Ramones t-shirt, a brown denim pants, a blue Vans SK8 shoes and his pose are smoking a cigarette, his skin is pale and his hair are brown

Aesthetic: https://www.pinterest.com/thegoodthebadandpotheads/thomass-board/
Pose:

2 Likes

Blurb: When Arriana was born Deaf, it solved more problems than it caused.

Unable to hear the call of the sirens who raised her, she never saw a problem. With her father’s pirates all fluent in sign, she only ever felt the split of the underwater world of her mother and the pirating one of her father.

With the divide only growing farther apart, Arriana only ever seems to find more problems than she solves in her search for self.

Arriana kind of looks like the girl in the top left of the character board. She has a darker skin tone, but not super dark. She has super curly hair, but sometimes she grades it in dreadlocks. She’s half siren, so she shapeshifts. When she’s in human form, she typically has a pirate get up. A knife at her side, a baby shirt, pants and those big boots. As a siren, she has a green tail.

She’s fairly skinny, her hair is shoulder length. She’s pretty, but it isn’t super important to her. She’s worked a lot, mainly on ships. She’s super strong and muscular (not like steroids much. Just kind of gerntly toned.) she has calloused hands and all that.

Is there anything else I should include?

2 Likes

I wanna play! You’re art is gorgeous and you’re awesome for doing this :slight_smile:
:heart: I have no artistic talent, so you and all other artists have my greatest respect!

I have 3 characters that I’d love to see. Itonus Wingsong, Aurora Goldmane, and Jackal Lunawrath. All three from my story “The Great Aurora.”

“The Great Aurora”
This is the tale of Itonus Wingsong, a servant who is in love with the princess of Shadenrose; Aurora Goldmane. Though he has many shortcomings, Itonus struggles endlessly to prove himself as a fighter and as Aurora’s equal. When Aurora becomes an enlisted Warrior, she is tasked with a grave responsibility and she wants only for Itonus to be by her side. Aurora is prepared to make great sacrifices, but Itonus must overcome his ego in order to become a hero worthy of sharing her burden.

Itonus Wingsong is a black haired(thin/long), pale, 19 year old. He has a soft face and a skinny muscular frame. He’s a servant, and he dresses in servant’s garbs as a statement even though Aurora has offered to buy him nicer clothes. However, upon a visit to the royal palace, he is forced to dress appropriately. He is fitted in a silver lined, purple accented, black cloak. As a Warrior hopeful, he often carries a short gladius type blade. As a vessel(unable to generate magic) he later discovers he can harness the power and gain the memories of passed souls if he is to die in their presence and they have the needed power to sustain his life force. A neat, but spoilery detail.

Aesthetic

Aurora Goldmane is a slender, muscular female and with blonde hair(thick, wavy, shoulder length) and blue eyes. Dresses as a princess should, often wearing the gold accented garbs of the royal family, never casual jewelry. Otherwise, she is dressed in leather armor and a cloak as a fellow Warrior in training. She is tasked with a self sacrificial duty by the god of prophecies after becoming a warrior, so she’ll later be seen in Warrior’s garb; Armor and cloak, but with a military aesthetic, and she’ll have a red medallion she’ll wear around her neck which bares a rose and a Dragon. She is a talented conjurer so she can cast destructive elemental spells as well as heal, create shields, and much more. At night, she creates illumination with a little yellow or green orb that zips quickly around her.

Aesthetic

Jackal Lunawrath is Aurora’s bodyguard and a titled Warrior. He is older, drained by age and boundless commitment to his duty. Most of the time he is invisible a power granted by an artifact he is solely permitted to use., but when he isn’t he wears a pure black cloak, leather armor, and wears an intricate gold and black mask. He has black, graying long hair, pale faced, a crooked nose, and green eyes. He is also an illusion caster, meaning he can conjure images of almost anything, as well as affect the mind’s of others. In lockstep with his invisibility, Jackal can scare most any foe into fleeing before a fight even begins. He has a blood medallion as well, but he has been a Warrior since before the story began.

Aesthetic

Thank you again for your consideration and kindness! This was a fun mind experiment. Got me thinking about the little things and the future :slight_smile:

I apologize if the images I chose have off details, I’m colorblind, so I’m not sure if the eyes or hair match up.

2 Likes

I was just wishing yesterday that I had some character art! ^o^ pick me!

Story blurb: The day after a strange vision stops Iris Jacobs from her attempted suicide, she is recruited by a top secret government agency. As Iris and her friends discover secrets about the agency and its leader, she is faced with a force much scarier than conspiracy-- love. Two of her fellow recruits, Gladden and Jesse, pursue Iris’ heart, while she fights her own social anxiety to just find the right words to say!

Description of character: Iris is a 17- year- old suicidal loner at the beginning of the book, quite resigned. By the end, she is filled with hope for life because of her newfound supernatural abilities and friends, but her calm, friendly demeanor stays the same. She is able to know information about people from just a glance, the information comes to her in a spectrum of light…would love to see rainbow colors incorporated somehow, if possible. Oh and she has a cute squirrel friend!

Aesthetic: Her aesthetic is casual grunge rock, her favorite color to wear is black. She often wears ripped jeans. Her favorite shirt is a band tee of the band Ascending Down. Her skin is dark brown and her hair is very curly, and to her shoulders.

2 Likes

Links to pictures need to posted on their own line and you may need to reach a certain trust level to post them.

Good luck!

1 Like

Thank you so much! I tried doing them in their own line, so maybe it is because I am a new member. Thanks for your help!

1 Like