Has anyone or anyone you know done publishing?

Hi you!

I’ve been writing since I was a kid and it’s been a big passion of mine. It’s always been a dream of mine to someday publish a story (or a few). I was wondering if you or anyone you know is going through the process of publishing or has published? I’ve been on Wattpad for almost 7 years and it just isn’t going anywhere. I would really love some feedback on your experience as I am considering self publishing.

Have you had good experience? Do you have any big pros and cons? Is it very time consuming? What company do you go through?

@Thoronris I think you published something as an ebook, right? Lorem Ipsum?

1 Like

Hi! Even I would love to know about this.

1 Like

You might also find helpful threads in the #industry-insider category ^^

1 Like

Thank you! I will totally look into it!

1 Like

Alright, thank you so much.

1 Like

I have done publishing

1 Like

Self publishing?

Yes I have 50 published books

1 Like

Whoa that’s a ton! Good for you! Would you recommend it?

Yeah

1 Like

Have you had good experience? Do you have any big pros and cons? Is it very time consuming? What company do you go through?

Yeahh

What are your pros and cons?

idk

You just said yeah…

Self publishing can take time. you can also rush it but i dont recommend it at all. Dont bother going through a company if youre going to self publish – they’ll only be able to offer what you can do yourself, but at a markup.

The biggest expense will probably sit with editing, and then cover design. Marketing can be as expensive or as low budget as you like/can afford. Shop around for an editor and cover designer and don’t rush into anything. I had a good experience self publishing, but it can be expensive and tricky to do RIGHT. Just don’t rush yourself. Learn the ins and outs of ARCs and beta readers, and figure out how to get a good start in your indie journey. Don’t just shove a book on Amazon and leave it there! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you very much! Is there anyone you could recommend for cover design or editing?

That bit you’ll have to research for yourself, as it varies a lot on genre and things like that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve self-published 5 novels and have a sixth up for preorder right now. I’d be more than happy to talk pros and cons and recommendations and whatnot with you

1 Like