Help Needed? | OPEN

writing
question
feedback-offered
discussion
helping

It’s about a boy who wants to clear his family name after they are disgraced by failing to protect the royal family. It’s got magic, romance and conspiracies as they were falsely accused. Grammarly eh? I will have to give it a go. Do you normally let the novel rest? Thank you so much for your help!

I’ll have a list of title’s PMed to you

Grammarly isn’t the best but it does cut a few errors – the simple ones. Why I re-edit everything after I run it through once

If you know yourself well and think you might just end up slacking off if you gave the book a rest, I wouldn’t BUT if you’re not that type of person, go ahead! (At most take a week off of it though)

Happy to be of service!

Thank you again! If there’s anyway I can repay you or help you just let me know:)

oh no problem. thanks for the feedback i jus used the tag

It’s all good, I’m just happy to help! (By the way, just send you the list)

I hope you get a lot of reads : )

Hi everyone :grinning:

I would love to get some help with the following:

Hi all,

I was asked this question but I really had little to answer. I write whatever I want to write about, not really caring for themes and and stuff. So this has me curious. How do you approach writing a story based on a quote.

This is the quote in question (if someone wants me to get specific)

I do not want people to be very agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them a great deal.

Jane Austen

What do y’all think?

That quote usually gives off a hint of what your story “vibe” is like I guess. The quote you mentioned shows what type of person the main character is like and what type of writing style to expect; and yeah, as you mentioned, it does shows a “theme.” (I wasn’t really sure what exactly you were asking you you said “approach writing based on a quote” but I hope this answer is okay)

Thank you. Yes, I suppose I get what you mean :blush: