Hey everyone | FANTASY Read for read

If you read and give me some feedback on my story I will return the favour as payment. So yeah, let’s keep this simple!

My book called The Blades of Betrayal, the link is here (enjoy!): https://www.wattpad.com/story/191239237-the-blades-of-betrayal

Summary: A disputed wedding, a fear of treason, an enchanted world… and a fifteen-year-old orphan who is only trying to find his meaning in life.

William Thellwel’s quiet and altogether peaceful life in the forest is disturbed when Prince Andrew of Heladar travels north, through the endless wood for his wedding to the princess of Akinstad, a beautiful young lady; but she is from a rival kingdom in which war has raged on and off for centuries.

There are certain people who are against such a controversial wedding, and it is those who form the Blades of Betrayal, and conspire to end the marriage before it even begins.

‘The Blades of Betrayal’ is a magical tale of sorrow, strife, and malice; but also the remarkable journey of a boy whom makes the incredible transition from obscurity to greatness.

Please leave the title of your book, a link to it, and the genre. A cover and synopsis is optional.

Look forward to hearing from you all <3

Edit: I DO NOT vote for vote as it is against the rules. If you just scroll and vote I will not return.

The Protetturi: The Beginning of the End

After an encounter with The Reaper, Elizabeth began to feel, see and do things she had not previously. Now, she is drawn to the mysterious and dark world filled with demons, vampires, werewolves and The Protetturi – the protectors of the world. She finds herself under the protection of Chase – a member of The Protetturi – who helps her realise what she is, what they are.

Just about to start yours now :slight_smile:

Accepted. I’ll begin yours tonight:)

Hullo. Would you be willing to look at a short story? It’s only one chapter long

The Prophet who Lives in Seventrees

Best friends Daya “Dot” Rivera and Briar “Baby” Finley are daughters of the Servants of our Golden Father, an insular community nestled in the bleak hillsides of New England. Born with the Sight, Dot’s fate has been determined since she was a child–to marry the embodiment of God on her 21st birthday–while Baby escapes Seventrees in pursuit of an education. However, Dot’s wedding pulls Baby back to her hometown and awakens an ancient creature which has awaited the two women for nearly a decade. When they struggle to escape the horrors of their past, will they run from the right enemy?

I literally had someone agree to a read for read once, and they scrolled through 9 chapters and voted on every single one without reading a damn thing!! Gah

The Ephemeral (Book One: Breeder)
https://www.wattpad.com/story/190548277-the-ephemeral-book-1-breeder
coverfinalllll
Genre: YA low fantasy / dystopia / adventure (+ slowburn romance)

Hey,

So, I have limited time in my day to devote to wattpad, but if your chapters aren’t over 5k words long I can trade a read for read on chapters one and two? :no_mouth:

Summary

“Yes, My Lord.”
Three words left Torrent’s mouth and echoed grey against the stone castle walls that imprisoned her. Since childhood, she has been forced to hide behind servitude. But having witnessed a conspiracy threatening the survival of her king and his subjects, she can sit idle no longer. She must escape the cruelty of her captors, or allow the empire to crumble.

“Don’t scream.”
Raven is a cold hearted half-breed, a dangerous assassin that cuts silently through the dark nights of Evonheart. But from the blackness a sinister force rumbles. An army of beasts is amassing in the north and there’s no one to stand in their way.

Benevolence and brutality collide when Torrent comes face to chest with her murderer. Now she must convince Raven to spare her, rescue the king, and save the kingdom. Torrent holds proof of their uprising, and Raven holds her life in his callused hands.

:warning: Content Warning: Violence, Mental Instibility, Cruelty, A jerk face anti-hero who abuses the heroine (not the drug).

:warning: Trigger Warning: Violence against women, Death, Depression, Murder.

Link: https://my.w.tt/iXiTsDo7UZ

I’d love to read your work!

Here’s mine:
MIRR/OR/ED
Blurb: The sun and the moon never stop moving across the sky. Day and night, Cynthia and Lilly follow the same. Moving has become a strain on these two sisters. It has always been a strain. But they can’t stop. Not while the regime is in power. No, they will keep running and hiding, the way Cynthia’s mother taught her many years ago. When their mother had left they were just children, Lilly was just an infant. This life is all they know.

As they begin to think themselves accustomed to the road, a fork appears. During an average move they find a man running from patrols. He is brought back to the camp, only to give Cynthia something she couldn’t have expected-a note from her mother.

The sun rises again.

Accepted! I’ll start it now. I hope you enjoy mine too.

Accepted! The summary of your book looks amazing already and I can’t wait to get started. I hope you enjoy mine. I’m on my break at work now doing another r4r but I’ll begin yours when I get home:)

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll be starting yours after work as well, I have a meeting but after I’ll have some free time :innocent:

Take a gander when you’ve got the time/inclination

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/197858067-a-smidge-of-magic

Blurb: What happens to a man when he is torn from everything he knows? Ian McClintoc, a detective from D.C., must find the answer to that very question when a routine investigation takes a horrible turn. Lost, battered, and broken Ian must do the impossible: survive and find a way to return home. And Ian is so very far from home. But he is not without hope.
When he awakens in a strange world help arrives in the nick of time. Though is a very unexpected form: an elven ranger. Valethalassa Therrae, and her shadow-wolf companion Mal. She guides Ian to the fantastical city of Landorei and to a seer. There Ian’s quest begins; retrieve a magical scroll that will send him home.
But all is not as it seems. The mysterious Harlequin Court seeks to use Ian for their own ends. Fighting, friendship, magic, monsters, mystery, laughter, tears, revenge, war. Let the adventure begin.

Hey! I’ll definitely check it out later on:D Might I ask where you got your book cover made? It’s incredible and I could do with a new cover myself. Thanks.

High fantasy, ongoing

https://www.wattpad.com/771302012-the-quest-author's-note

Hey! I’ll definitely check it out, I hope you enjoy mine. Might I ask where you got the book cover from? I’m looking for a new one and yours is amazing! Thanks.

Artistica
Fantasy
link:https://www.wattpad.com/myworks/180619605-artistica-updates-every-other-friday
I’ll read yours if you accept
Artistica%20cover

Accepted! I’ll start reading now:) I hope you enjoy mine.

1 Like

Hi! May I interest you in a Sci-fi war novel?

https://www.wattpad.com/story/85944317-the-last-woman-on-earth-book-one

Long ago, there was a type of human existed in this world, and they were called ‘women’. Our generation will never know what happened. None of the remaining public documents mention why ‘women’ have gone extinct, and it seems the people of later generations have done so deliberately. And I found a so-called last of their kind.

Have a look if you like! :smiley_cat:

Accepted! I’ll begin it now. I hope you enjoy mine.

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll add yours to my library, and I’ll get to it at some point today.

Thank you! I’m enjoying it and will continue, but please understand that I have many read for reads and a full-time job to balance so I might be quite slow sometimes:)

1 Like