Hi! I'm new here and I have a question

Hi everyone. I’m new here and thought I’d say hi.
I’ve been writing forever it seems and sharing my stuff just for the past few years.

I do have a question. I’m working on a non zombie post apocalyptic story and I put it in romance but now I’m wondering if that’s the right category for it.
The plot of the story is a young girl(18) and the struggles she goes through to continue to survive in the world now. But then she meets a guy and I guess in the end it is a romance story, but since it’s in a strange setting I wasn’t sure if I should leave it in romance.

Thanks!

Hi! Welcome to the Community.

If romance if the main plot of the story, it’s romance no matter the setting. But main genres don’t actually matter that much anymore, so just tag it with the other genres.

Also, a little tip, adding a link to your Wattpad profile to your profile on here will help other users find you and your books. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Welcome to the forums :slight_smile:

It’s your story and you are free to use any tags. You can read this article for more info- https://support.wattpad.com/hc/en-us/articles/201409640-Add-Tags-to-a-Story

1 Like

Ask yourself what is core to your story.

Just because it’s set in an post apocalyptic setting, doesn’t necessarily make it dystopian if it’s really about people finding joy and levity in starting from scratch, just as a story that contains romance doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a ‘romance’ story.

Is the development of romance the point around which everything else is going to revolve? If yes, then romance as a genre is fine.

If no, then you may need to dig a little deeper to find its niche.

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah in the end it’s a romantic story.

Ok I’ll mess around and see if I can figure out how to add it. Thanks!

2 Likes

Can someone tell me how long it takes to gain “trust” so we can post links and pictures? Thanks so much. Wasn’t sure where to reply.:heart_eyes::expressionless:

Hi @lillianrhaine! Just browse the forums and participate in the forums, and your trust level will go up. It doesn’t take very long.

More information about how to gain the next trust level:

Thank you so much. You’re so kind. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Am new to Wattpad, while I am able to reply to posts I have not been able to Create one. Am I missing something very obvious?? A little help here please.

@RRKrish Welcome to the forums :slight_smile: It’s due to the trust levels in the forums. When join for the first time, your trust level is 0. All you have to do is read/browse a few topics and participate/chat in the threads and you are all good.
You can have a look at this thread for more information:Trust Levels: What are they and how do they work