Home for Fellow Night Owls

Looking for some fellow night owl writers just to visit with. This place is oddly quiet this hour. Am I the only late-nighter?

I’m definitely a night owl! The earliest I ever go to sleep is at 3 a.m! :joy:

4 Likes

Dude, same. I am in Canada as well. lol Glad to see another night owl around here. I am usually up late writing. I work evenings and don’t get home until 11 PM.

2 Likes

hahhaahaaaaaim wake an shuldn beeeeEEEEE

2 Likes

Hahaha, well, welcome! We all should probably be asleep :rofl:

I just gotta write, yeah whatever its really late but like, this is the only time my gears will finally shake off their dust and start creaking along again, I cant miss this opportunity to restart the machine

2 Likes

Yay a fellow Canadian! I usually do the closing shift at my job which ends at 9 but with busses and how far I live from work I get home at 11-11:30 so I’m in the same boat! I just like nighttime better, and I feel more motivated to do things in the middle of the night

2 Likes

I completely agree. I write best and most productively at night.

1 Like

YAY Canadian! That makes sense. Night time is just more peaceful. My phone shuts up, finally, and I can focus.

2 Likes

Same! I read somewhere that people are either the most creative or do their best creative work when they’re tired so it’s good to write really late at night! That’s basically when I do all my writing

1 Like

Yeah! There’s no distractions it’s perfect!

1 Like

Same. day time is too chaotic for my brain.

3 Likes

It’s wonderful. My work day is done ,phone shuts up, I have no more obligations and can just exist.

1 Like

Same, I just don’t like when it’s light out :joy: it means responsibilities and work

1 Like

Exactly!!! I finally get some peace and quiet at night. :rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah! Nothing can bug me! People aren’t up to bother me, work can’t try to call me in! I don’t like sleeping because it means some of my precious night is wasted :sob:

1 Like

I totally understand. I tend to sleep during early mornings. between 3 or 4 AM to 10 or 11 AM. I don’t work until 2 PM so it works out nicely. God forbid someone need me before 10 Am :rofl:

1 Like

Depends. Bedtime is calling. Landscaping crew coming in the morning so won’t be able to sleep in later in the morning.

1 Like

I have the exact same sleep schedule! About 5 or 6 months ago it was so bad though, I was gong to sleep at 5 or 6 AM and getting up at like 1 PM when I didn’t work, when I did work I would go on like 3-4 hours of sleep though, it was BRUTAL!

1 Like

Oye. It’s sad when we are robbed of sleeping in.

1 Like