How can you write a good Crime Story?

Hey Guys… I’m new to Wattpad, and I’m currently writing a romantic crime novel about a Victim who is forced to go on a killing spree with a serial killer. While they’re on a killing spree, they begin to love each other and become into a toxic relationship. What I’m trying to figure out is how do you write a good crime story? How can you do good plot holes? How should each chapter go? Should the chapters with action only have five pages? Should the chapters with information have about a minimum of 15 to 20 pages?

I know my description is long, but I need some good tips from writers in Wattpad. Thanks.

I’m honestly not very experienced on this, but I’d say always try to keep your readers on their toes. CLIFFHANGERS, oh, how I love you cliffhangers. I know this doesn’t answer any of your question, but hey, still thought I should say something lol

Thx for responding to my question bro. I’ll try and use as much cliffhangers as I can. In the meantime, you can check out my new book that I’m making called The Killer I Loved, which the first chapter is done. The second chapter isn’t finished, but it’s in working progress!

What’s your username? I’d love to check it out

@TheRealJoshReynolds Hey there :slight_smile:

We suggest that you please have a look at this-
https://www.wattpad.com/story/87234857-your-guide-to-writing-a-killer-thriller

And this-
https://www.wattpad.com/518804685

Hope this helps =]

Think less good, which is subjective, and more good for your story. I decided a long time ago I was tired of writing about serial killers, and personally found that Computer Hackers and Rogue Intellegence Services were more interesting.

TheGamerChronicles

Thank you. Maybe in my new story, I can have a detective trying to find the victim and the serial killer? And maybe I can delve into the life of the detective a little bit for the readers to know his personality and motivation? I don’t know just yet, but thanks for the info and if you have the time, please check out my book that has the prologue and first chapter done… User: TheGamerChronicles

I followed you :smiley: