How do I learn how many pages are in my book?

I guess this counts as research, but anyways…

I think we are all curious at one point or another how your book would look like when it is on paper and not online. I think we all wonder at some point how many pages our book would have as a traditional paperback book. I know there is that bar on the top of the page, but I am wondering if there is any sort of website that can convert my book into a page amount.

Ex. The book I want to know the page number about is roughly 275k words, I am trying to figure out how many pages that is in a normal paperback book.

I’m not sure about online tools, but I use Scrivener for writing and that program automatically calculates how many pages you’d have in different formats:

2 Likes

Okay, that is awesome.

1 Like

Yeah, it is! :slight_smile: I’d recommend Scrivener to all writers out there, it’s made my life a lot easier.

1 Like

Is that off of google docs? Or is that an entirely different writing program?

Entirely different. And it isn’t free. But if you’re a student, you can get it pretty cheap. The only thing I’m not writing home about is the spell and grammar check, but the rest is amazing.

1 Like

That’s pretty cool! Thanks for showing it. And yep, I’m a student.

1 Like

Also — the book length is roughly 150k words for reference.

Also, my book is (if I look and trust my math) roughly 500 pages long.

1 Like

That’s amazing! You can be proud :slight_smile:

It depends on the font you are using, of course, but in general, 250-300 words per page. Therefore, a 55,000 word book should be about 200 manuscript pages. A 100,000 word book would be about 400.

I’m not sure if we’re allowed to link off site, but google, “book page count calculator” and use one to give you a estimate.

Also depends on book’s physical size. 8.5"x10" printer paper is different than an 8x6" novel.
Font type, size, and spacing will also affect things.

I will make a note that google docs and MS word docs don’t quite line up in page length. (I tried…)

There also this site: https://wordcounter.net/words-per-page
and similar ones you can just Google. the one I linked here takes spacing and font into account, too