HOW MANY WORDS DO YOU WRITE DAILY?

question

How many words do you write per day?
What’s a good amount of words to write per day?
How long should a chapter (part) be in your opinion?

I write around 1000-2500 words in a chapter and post daily but I feel myself wearing out, what should I do?

I write anywhere from 1,000 to 5,000 words a day. But that’s just the thing, “I” write that much. Writing depends on the person. If writing over a thousand words a day tires you out then don’t write over a 1,000 words a day. As for the chapter length, that’s entirely up to you. I’ve read books with random chapter lengths where chapters could be one page or thirty.

Point is: you do what you feel is comfortable and don’t worry about what other people are doing.

I don’t write everyday. I don’t always have time in my schedule for it, and as a plotter, I certainly need time to sit down and brainstorm every once in a while. The amount you “should” write per day depends on you - how many words per minute you can write, how much free time you have, how much planning you do, etc. No one’s the same. Likewise, there’s no standard word count for chapters - sometimes word count goals for those just don’t work at all.

If you feel yourself wearing out, maybe take a day or two off. Creative burnout is very real, and sometimes it makes you want to hate your own writing. If that’s not the case, at least bring your daily goal down a bit. Contrary to popular “advice,” there is no shame in not writing everyday, and you shouldn’t feel bad about taking a break if you need it or figuring out a new writing schedule.

Yeah I am but I was just curious and damn 5000 is alot

I’m what my teacher calls a “vomiter”. She said there were always two kinds of writers: those that bleed/write slowly, and then those that literally spit out words like Eminem, called vomiting. I’m the latter.

Yeaaa I agree about creative burnout definitely

I’m a bleeder lmao I’m trying to get there tho

typically around 5k but yesterday i somehow did 10k so WEEE but that’s also only because its break. once the semester starts im going to be slammed with work class work and work :confused:

Meh. Don’t worry about it. You’re already experiencing burn out. All that will do is hurt your writing and yourself. Focus on completing the story the way that makes it the best for you. Don’t worry about how fast other people can write.

The only reason I can do it is because I write 97 words per minute. That and I feel the urgent need to get the story out of my head and onto the paper as fast as I can.

10K wtf how long did that take you ?

How long DID that take you? O.o That’s a lot. A lot, a lot.

How do you find out how many words per minute you write? … Wait a minute nvm lol im trippin

If you’re not sure how fast you can write, you can take an online typing test. They’ll test you for how many words you can write and your accuracy. The average adult writes about 70 wpm.

I don’t write everyday. When I write that day, it can be something between 500 words to 6,000 words.

I try and write 300-500 words a day. It’s not much, but I set lower standards for myself so I can keep up with it without stress or feeling bad.

I try to write at least a little bit each day.

Sometimes I’ll write as little as 300 words, but other times up to 5, 000. Really depends how much time I have and if I’m in a creative mindset

I write anything from 0 to 4,000 words per day depending on what type of mood I’m in and how well the words are flowing. Though the 4,000 word days are very rare.

Up to 1K words normally. I find that if I spend more time writing, important things in life suffer

I usually write a minimum of 1500 words a day. That’s my goal. My chapters tend to be about 2k words long.

2,000 - 3,000 words per chapter for me and I usually write for about six hours a day and can max out at at least three to four chapters per story written so…8,000 - 12,000 words daily give or take?