How many words does your Romance book have?

Hello everyone! I’m currently writing a romance book(obviously) and so far it has 16 chapters, and 35 thousand words!

What about your books? :grinning:

5 Likes

I have a novella-length romance too! It’s ±40k, but I’m hoping to write a longer romance story in the future.

2 Likes

Mines an ongoing project at the moment, but already at 26k with 13 chapters :grin:

1 Like

Oh, awesome! I’m assuming this one is done then?

Do you know how many you would like to have by then end?

I know books always flow with the plot, and not really by words, but I’m hoping to get mine to 70k before it ends!

1 Like

Yes, it is! It was my first romance ever, but I had so much fun writing it that I know it won’t be the last one!

1 Like

I’m not really sure. Originally I’d thought that I’d write around 40k, but now I am realizing that I can write a lot more than I thought :laughing: At this rate (plot going to plan) I’ll probably aim for around 70-80k, But as you say, the plot may decide otherwise! :slight_smile:

70k sounds like a good number! xD

1 Like

I’m working on book which is going to have a total of some 90k to 95k words and I just have some 10k down. xD

2 Likes

I have written two complete romance novels. One has 27 Chapters and is 90 thousands words, and the other is also 27 chapters and is 92 thousand :slight_smile:

1 Like

Right now my completed story has about 61k words in 16 chapters. It’s completed, other than few rewrites here and there I won’t change much on so I don’t think it will increase or decrease by much.

1 Like

I’m around 110k-115k words.

1 Like

My book is also in the romance category. It has over 10k words and 6 chapters so far

1 Like

I just started mine, it has 2 chapters at 4.3K.

I hope to be at 5K today, getting 10% of the targeted length done.

2 Likes

I have a completed Paranormal Romance which is 72 000 words and am currently writing a Werewolf Romance which now has 46 000 words :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve got a completed romance novel that’s around 102k words

2 Likes

12,888 words :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s usually how mine go as well! I usually range between 2k to 2.5k in each chapter.

1 Like

Lol, I barely have 4 chapters and the total word count is around +9,500 words.

2 Likes

Uh, I haven’t segregated my work in chapters yet, but the word count is 5549. Actually, it could be over a million if not for four re-writings. :joy:

1 Like

My previous romance novel has a total of 23 chapters (22 and an epilogue) and 56,000 words. :blush:

3 Likes