How to get the green checkmark?

EDIT: NEVERMIND. Apparently it literally was as easy as googling ‘emoji checkmark’, then copy/pasting it. I guess my new question is: Why were people acting like this was an official thing you could do on WattPad? That would be like me attempting to convince people that the Lambda Symbol ( λ) I put into my Half-Life fan fiction was achievable somehow via WattPad itself, instead of just copy/pasting it.

This is probably a stupid question, but I haven’t been able to find a legitimate answer. The answers I’ve found have been lies, apparently.

I’ve noticed a lot of completed stories with a big green checkmark beside their titles, indicating completion. I’ve been trying to figure out how to accomplish this, and the only answer I’ve seen is ‘All you need to do is mark your story as complete! Then you’ll get one automatically!’

This is clearly not the case as I have over half a dozen completed stories marked as ‘Complete’, and not one has that checkmark.

So what obvious thing am I missing here? I would appreciate any help.

Have you tried editing the title on your phone and adding an emoji? I assume that is what you are trying to do. I can’t do it on my computer, so I don’t know if it’s possible for other people.

I don’t have WattPad on my phone.

Ah yes, I know a lot of people don’t. I don’t know how to insert any images into the title without using the phone, though. Hopefully if there’s a way, someone will be able to help you.

Any chance you can use a phone or tablet to access the internet? I can access wattpad through the browser on my phone and it will let me add the check mark that way, too.

1 Like

You have to actually type a check mark into the title. I used an emoji on my phone, but you might be able to google a check mark and copy/paste it instead if you’re on desktop.

2 Likes

:white_check_mark: this? It’s an emoji that you have to add yourself.

Just figured it out. Just copy/paste it from googling it.

1 Like

Actually, specifically this one: :heavy_check_mark:. Although I have no way of adding it beyond literally copy/pasting it from somewhere else. And I have no option to add emojis to my title.

Yeah, that’s what I just checked. I thought it would just delete it whenever I tried to save it, as it wouldn’t recognize it as an actual character, since that’s what some websites do. I’m confused as to why this isn’t just like an option? Or why do some people seem to be able to do it just because they have phones, but people who are PC only can’t?

Oh okay. I thought you were looking for that as you said ‘green’, but yes either way you can copy/paste that black one.

Oh whoa, weird! That is NOT the checkmark I pasted! It looks completely different.

I see it black. :woman_shrugging: but that’s the one many use