How To Write "Slice Of Life"

So, I am currently doing a mass edit on my book, and maybe thinking of rewriting some parts. It is a Slice Of Life and Teen Fiction, and I was wondering if anyone had any advice for me to make this the best it can be.

I am just making it make sense right now, and going through the details, but sometimes I want to scrap it and start again, just keeping a few scenes.

The story is about a bunch of teenagers who are all going through something, but mainly focuses on two and their journey to not overcome it, but to change their perspectives, I guess would be the best way to say it.

For example, grief and bullying are two topics addressed with my characters.

I need to find a way to make the narrative interesting while it is set in the everyday life of these teenagers.

Is there anything I should add, avoid, keep in mind? Any help, advice, or input on how to do that best is appreciated.

I’m just tagging @RissaleWriter @TigerGirl110011 for now :joy: but anyone is free to join

You should add a piece of what you mean. :wink:

2 Likes

What part should I quote? Like what kind of thing should I show?

2 Likes

I think maybe for your work, like if you have a certain scene etc.

2 Likes

I want to read the dam book. -.- You do need to put it on watt. I like it and am curious as to what had happened, how, etc. :rofl: I think it is realistic.

3 Likes

Realism is what I’m aiming for :joy:
There is a bunch of things that happened, to each character. That isn’t a simple answer, takes the whole book to find out :wink:

3 Likes

And you are leaving me hanging. v.v

2 Likes

There are things I need to fix first before anyone reads the whole thing.

Like whether they drive or take the train. If they take the train, there is a scene I am not sure about, would have to delete it in that case, but I could give it to my other character.

3 Likes

Let them drive.

2 Likes

But London has really bad traffic, and that is where they’re going

1 Like

Well, can they drive until they reach london? Then take the train?

2 Likes

I don’t know. I’m thinking of changing it to just outside London instead, and making finding another way in.

2 Likes

That’s what I mean. xD

1 Like

Ah. Well, I have to finish this scene first then go back and decide.

1 Like

xD Ok.

1 Like

Yep. I am still working on the scene above though, just after that part I quoted

1 Like

Ooh.

1 Like

Yeah, the first part, about Nathan and Sebastian

1 Like

Those names mean nothing to me.

1 Like

Well, the second quote had different names.