I feel like fanfictioners give up too quickly?

I feel like the fanfictioners give up too quickly due to the lack of reviews and feedbacks.
I’ve saw some people that has a lot of potential, when I look at the bottom of the page when I finish reading the page “Updated the 14/01/18”, it makes me so sad, honestly there was this girl and I loved her story but she doesn’t write anymore :confused: she only had votes and no feedbacks.
Feedbacks are everything.

Personnally I have my own fanfic about Loki, I have some feedbacks from my friends IRL and sometimes from people on Wattpad but imagine when you dont, It’s horrible :confused:

Y’all, next time you see a SMALL writer don’t vote and leave, give some advices too please :confused:

I made this because I feel like that sometimes when I see small writers inactive.

And I also feel like I’m giving up because of that, there is no feedbacks.

Just wanted to discuss about that.

40 Likes

I agree. I know I’ve felt discouraged a lot before because I’ve been writing my fanfiction for about 4 years now and I still have such a low reading count and no comments like at all.

8 Likes

This used to be me. I only recently joined wattpad, but I did stuff on fanfiction . net before. And I would stop writing after a few chapters even if I had fans of it, because I lost all kinds of confidence and stuff, I would even delete my account. But this time I’ve planned it all out properly and scribbled down any ideas I had, and it’s been the first time in my life that I have ever written a story for so long (I have done 60-ish chapters now, and am probably only half way through). I’m still scared I’m gonna throw it away one day lmao but I think it’s just something you gotta get over confidence wise. But I agree. I really wish more people would vote/comment. But I understand why because usually you would need to be part of the fandom, so it’s a very niche set of readers? I only have a couple of readers that aren’t part of the fandom that read. Otherwise I think most would just not bother lol. But don’t give up, I believe in you!!

8 Likes

Y’know what imma read it and tell you what I think about it, I’m happy that people can relate tbh!

But cheer up!

4 Likes

Oooooooh shoooooot! That’s sooooo sweeeeet! Well thanks ! And I really appreciate you shared your story with us!
Do you have lots of feedbacks on your story by the way?

1 Like

Not as many as I would like, but I will tell you now - enter contests. Honestly, that is the best advice. I have entered so so many. It is great for getting more people to check out your book! Other advices: try and get a nice cover so your book stands out (I used an awesome graphics artist called andressavan), make sure you tag stuff properly as well so it has more chance in showing. and every single week advertise your story in those topic threads (so like every week I do the fanfiction share your story one, I think my friend does it every week for fantasy etc). Nobody ever looks lmao but at least then I know I have covered all bases on the off chance. Sorry if you know all this already, I’m trying to think of some more ways haha

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

I DON’T OMFKDBZBSBS
Thanks! I joined not long ago! Imma use this! Thanks!

And yeah, what I hate about Wattpad is that you really have to search hard for the stories that only has like 5 views and all!

That’s okay! Don’t be afraid to ask for advice and stuff too especially in the ‘improve your writing’ forum. People are pretty awesome at helping, I find. Also they do book club and stuff too, although I am not in any haha

1 Like

Gonna check out that! Thanks again !
:heart: Keep up with the good work!

1 Like

Oh and also put the link to your story or your profile in your little profile on here (this community site I mean), cos if people get curious they can just click your name then click the link to check you out. Otherwise they gotta copy and paste your username into wattpad main website and aint nobody got time for that lol

1 Like

Oh boi you’re my guardian angel :joy:

1 Like

hahaha well, i’m always happy to help, feel free to message any time :slight_smile: i’m pretty much CONSTANTLY on the main wattpad page because I have no life lmao

1 Like

I will surely!
Imma follow you on Wattpad btw ksks

As a main fanfiction writer ima just say that not all of us just give up. :smiley: We tend to shift to other platforms such as Fanfiction . net or ArchiveofOurOwn. I’ve seen it happen before, although in a vice versa role. XD

EDIT: Spaced .net away. Don’t wanna be putting accidental links off of here. Don’t know how well the mods would take to that either. XD

5 Likes

oh yeah definitely I actually cross-post to all three because I’m super annoying :joy::joy::joy: I have more ‘faithful’ fans on fanfiction . net, so I think it is proof that it’s good to try more than one platform if possible, it also helps with confidence - just because you might not have many readers in one place, doesn’t mean that it will be the case for all! :smiley:

5 Likes

Yep, sure some people doesn’t and I’m happy they don’t actually, like Blood said It’s a self confidence thingy, but yeah xD
Thanks for sharing your advice and the websites lmao :heart:
But have you experienced the lack of advice ? Since you did not give up how did you get out of it?

You’re right about that. Fanfiction.net (Guess the mods don’t care, yeet yeet) has a better following for Fanfiction anyways (I wonder why… :thinking:) so people like us can thrive better there. It seems Wattpad is, in general, more for novels and whatnot but I appreciate that they allow fanfiction to put their foot in the door here.

Technically I branched out here from there to gain a larger audience as well as gain more feedback to improve myself and I would like to branch out to ArchiveofOurOwn at some point but damn is their layout confusing. XD

4 Likes

Also write from the heart. Oh my gosssssh. I tried to ‘improve’ my story by essentially changing a lot of it around under the advise of more experienced people, but it doesn’t work very well for fanfiction, I believe it only really works for other genres. But I did it anyway and I HATED IT and didn’t wanna write any more. As soon as I put it back to how I wrote it, I got more readers because it came from the heart, and when it comes from your love and passion of a fandom it shows, compared to just trying to people please

3 Likes