I Have to ____, But I'd Rather Be Writing.

I have to eat but I’d rather be writing

So in the end I’m unproductive AND hungry :upside_down_face:

I have to go to sleep, but I’d rather be writing.

ME

I have to write (my assignment), but I’d rather be writing.

I have to work, but I’d rather be writing

I have to find out why my photo won’t load into my story, but I’d rather be writing :frowning:

I have to finish a school essay, but I’d rather be writing. :wink:

i have to sleep but i’d rather be writing

i have to outline my book but i’d rather be writing

i have to clean my house but i’d rather be writing

I have to apply for internships :skull: I’d much rather be writing

I have to learn for my upcoming preboards, but I would much rather be writing, (or reading for that matter.)

I have to revise for exams and do schoolwork that is stressing me out, but I’d rather be writing, or reading. But all I am doing, in the end, is watching YouTube sighs

I have to get good grades to get into university, but I’d rather be writing.

The few frames of time I can devote to writing are sometimes infringed upon or sucked up by someone who has been there for me when I was certainly taking their valuable time away; it is so hard to feel resentful. I maintain boundaries but god it’s hard. It’s tough to use the term (in any variation) “I’m being selfish with my time” but f**k it has to be that way if you’re going to get it.

So many points to you.

If I have a list of things to do - even if they are things I want? I will somehow *upgrade s**t I never want to do * to avoid doing those initial things on the list.

Example: I haven’t vacuumed in weeks. The carpet looks like a dog’s back after it rolled through a buffet dumpster. I have the house to myself and I sit down at my screen? Oh, wow - it’s time to effin’ vacuum.

And that just goes on, into the kitchen, to the yard …