I just got my first full manuscript request from an agent and now I'm sh*tting myself.

Oh fuck. Ok. So I know it needs to be double spaced, font 12, Times New Roman. Title page with contact information at the top. Anything else?? Spaces between paragraphs or no? Anything I need to say when I write her back?

Woooooo congrats! I’m proud of you! :smiley: And don’t worry, you’re gonna be fine :smiley:

2 Likes

congrats! Take a look at the Shunn Format for manuscripts. It covers everything needed. Good luck!!!

7 Likes

Thank you. I’m just freaking out a bit. My armpits are sweaty. Oh God…

4 Likes

Hahaha I wish I was as accomplished as you. I’m really impressed :smiley:

1 Like

Congrats!!

1 Like

I haven’t accomplished anything yet. She might hate it.

1 Like

Thank you!

Eyyy, nice! I have no idea but this post/or/thread might be useful:

2 Likes

Thank you! This is helpful!

1 Like

You’re welcome! I’m glad :bluehearts:

1 Like

Who would?

1 Like

That’s huge! And totally well-earned. Congrats!

1 Like

Congratulations! :tada:

1 Like

That is so awesome. As for formatting, check their website for manuscript submission rules. Congratulations!

1 Like

I don’t know. Someone I’m sure.

1 Like

Thank you so much! You’re my first reader ever, so I swear if anything comes of this, I will be sending you a copy :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I looked at their website and only saw guidelines for query submissions, so I think I’m just going to send it in a standard manuscript format.

1 Like

Huzzah!!! :tada: :smile:

Take a deep breath. Typos, screwed up fonts etc are nothing. The agent is looking for a competent writer and a beautiful, unique story that speaks to them on a personal level. They aren’t going to toss your MS if there’s easily fixable issues and your book is great, I promise.

Unless you hit the jackpot, this will be one of many full requests you get. After a few, you’ll feel like an expert on the subject (even if you aren’t points at self :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) and will be reassuring other writers when they get that totally thrilling and super exciting first request!

high fives

Bask in your awesome.

Don’t stress too much and hit send

2 Likes

Thank you! Yeah. I’m trying not to get my hopes too high. This is the first response I’ve gotten back from an agent period and I didn’t expect a request right away. It kind of caught me by surprise.

1 Like