I Need Help With ADHD characterisation in a "Slice Of Life"

So, I started this thread while I was editing and now I have started the sequel. It is still a Slice Of Life and Teen Fiction, and I was wondering if anyone had any advice for me to make this the best it can be. And I want to make my character’s ADHD realistic, as much as possible.

He gets into fights, taps his foot / fingers / grinds his teeth, zones out in conversations, but talks a lot to his friend. He is 16 so I am not sure what medication he would go on, so any advice on that would be helpful (he came off it for a bit but is going back on it and is starting therapy. Will probably stop medication when he settles more.)

The story is about a bunch of teenagers who are all going through something, this one focusing on someone with anxiety, and someone with ADHD, mainly showing two characters and their journey to not overcome it, but to change their perspectives, I guess would be the best way to say it.

I need to find a way to make the narrative interesting while it is set in the everyday life of these teenagers.

Is there anything I should add, avoid, keep in mind? Any help, advice, or input on how to do that best is appreciated. Also, you can ask me anything about him / the plot if it would make it easier to help me out here lol.

I’m just tagging @RissaleWriter @TigerGirl110011 for now :joy: but anyone is free to join

You should add a piece of what you mean. :wink:

2 Likes

What part should I quote? Like what kind of thing should I show?

2 Likes

I think maybe for your work, like if you have a certain scene etc.

2 Likes

I want to read the dam book. -.- You do need to put it on watt. I like it and am curious as to what had happened, how, etc. :rofl: I think it is realistic.

3 Likes

Realism is what I’m aiming for :joy:
There is a bunch of things that happened, to each character. That isn’t a simple answer, takes the whole book to find out :wink:

3 Likes

And you are leaving me hanging. v.v

2 Likes

There are things I need to fix first before anyone reads the whole thing.

Like whether they drive or take the train. If they take the train, there is a scene I am not sure about, would have to delete it in that case, but I could give it to my other character.

3 Likes

Let them drive.

2 Likes

But London has really bad traffic, and that is where they’re going

1 Like

Well, can they drive until they reach london? Then take the train?

2 Likes

I don’t know. I’m thinking of changing it to just outside London instead, and making finding another way in.

2 Likes

That’s what I mean. xD

1 Like

Ah. Well, I have to finish this scene first then go back and decide.

1 Like

xD Ok.

1 Like

Yep. I am still working on the scene above though, just after that part I quoted

1 Like

Ooh.

1 Like

Yeah, the first part, about Nathan and Sebastian

1 Like

Those names mean nothing to me.

1 Like

Well, the second quote had different names.