I need your HELP: Question

writing
question

This is not an official Wattpad survey.

1. Do you use or have you used the SYS threads to intentionally search for your next reading book?

If yes to 1:

2. What genre?

3. Most recent book title you read from searching SYS threads (no links, not your own)

Thanks!

2 Likes

No

1 Like

I did once or twice on the old forums. Last book I found there actually turned out pretty well for me. Transparent: A Divergent FanFiction.

Why did I stop? Well, I was really only scrolling through to see what else was there back when I was posting my own ad. And I gave up on doing that when I figured that no one looks at them. Plus I have enough on my reading list at the moment lol

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I thought. I hoped this thread would help prove my hypothesis.

No. The books in the niche I enjoy reading is not often posted on the SYS threads. So I use other avenues :sparkles:

3 Likes

I post in SYS in hopes of a random user finding it, but I don’t search there.

2 Likes

Once or twice, but I stopped since I just got bombarded with people posting their own books (you can request for people not to suggest their own, but someone else’s). I simply just stopped using it as I have other means to finding books.

Werewolf, paranormal, fantasy, sci-fi

Bump

Yup.
Heart of Moss.

1 Like

I mainly looked for teen fiction or romance stories when scrolling down the thread. I find what I am suggested by Wattpad is rarely anything I want to read and by using the SYS thread I can normally find something I like.

1 Like

Really good to know someone is actually using them to find books to read.

1 Like

I haven’t looked through the SYST genre parts on here, as I never found anything I liked when using the old one. It was always the same stories being shared every week. And most seemed to involve more romance than I like.

I do use and like the Story Request section. I’ve looked for a few stories already using that. The current thing I’m searching for could be almost any genre, but involving a cult. That’s why I like this section more. It’s not genre restricted, you’re looking for certain elements a story has. Makes it feel tailored for you.

1 Like