I WANT TO READ YOUR STORY!

I know this isn’t the right section for this but I couldn’t figure out where else to put it sorrrry

I used to be a BIG time reader on Wattpad, and I honestly miss reading on here. I
am looking for new books to get into, and I would love recommendations, whether it’s your own book or one of your favorites, I REALLY don’t care!

CRITERIA
-must must must must MUST be a dark fantasy/urban fantasy/paranormal romance of some sort. I’m not a fan of high fantasy or teen fics etc.

Please leave the title + summary of your book and I promise that if it’s a dark fantasy of some kind, I will for sure take a look and leave some really nice comments :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hi there,

You can only request stories in the #share-your-story:story-requests club, so I’m going to move it over there.

Thanks for understanding,
Fray - Community Ambassador :frog:

2 Likes

https://www.wattpad.com/story/175406653-guardian-the-awakening
Following the life of 16 year old Johanna White, a girl too mouthy for her own good raised in rural Ireland with her family who, by all accounts, seemed too perfect. And they almost were… except for the secrets her mother kept hidden from her.

That all changed when the secrets caught up with them.

Unprepared to deal with her family changing beyond what she ever expected. Finding out truths she wished she were ignorant of and seeking enemies better left unsought. Surrounded by people she cannot and does not want to trust, Johanna is thrust into a realm of magic and corruption and she is not what this world wants, nor she it. She just wants to get home and get to the bottom of what her mother hid from her.

Book 1 isn’t overly dark but they get much darker as the series goes on

1 Like

Ah…Wish I had a fantasy for you. All I got is a sci fi / futuristic adventure with enough drama and comedy to shake your arsenal. But oh well :stuck_out_tongue:

Luna
“You are a sweet girl. Smart-mouthed sometimes, but I can handle that.
You bring out the best in me, like now. This proposing and all is new to
me. So seeing that I am already in lack of words, I will get to the main
matter. So Caroline, will you do me the honors of becoming my Luna?”,
he asked.

Meet Caroline Dunbar, daughter of the beta of Red Moon pack. She has
led a normal life all through her life, but it all changed once she turned
seventeen. Life throws her into a whirlwind of traumatic experiences,
through the months. One such experience, that she comes across, puts her out of conscious. When she is finally up, she is out on a quest to
unveil the haunting past, the one that held secrets beyond her
imaginations.

Check out and tell me your comments

Title: New World

Genre: Fantasy/Action-Adventure

Chapters: 25 (Ongoing, Updates Every Other Sunday)

Summary: One day I woke up with a single thought racing throughout my mind, “Stay alive… Find the truth.”

Follow the story of Anthony, a boy who one day woke up with only the clothes on his back and the name given to him at birth, on a cliffside to a world which he doesn’t recognize; a world in which he doesn’t belong to. Alongside Jay, a cold but full-hearted-mentor. Follow them as they use the unlimited arts of magic to make connections throughout this cruel world and fight to find the truth they desire.

Link: New World
Author Link: A_Darken_soul

Please Come Check Out My Story. Thank You!

I have an urban fantasy with dragons, if it counts.
Rise of the Darkness
Prophecy of Shadow Book 1
Long have the enemies of Dragonkind hid in the shadows, waiting to strike. For millennia Dragons have hid from Humankind, growing restless. A prophecy is found and the pieces on the board begin to move. Two young dragons are chosen to train and fight, but just who is moving the pieces?
A story of dragons and other creatures of magic set in the modern world.

Fourteen chapters have been posted so far, with weekly updates.
https://www.wattpad.com/story/178485461-rise-of-the-darkness

Hey there , maybe you’ll enjoy this one:

Burning Gods & Wicked Angels

Genre: Urban Fantasy / Paranormal Romance
Summary: Amelia Endor, a determined small-town girl sets out on a quest to find out what happened to her beloved sister. Travelling to London she is catapulted into a new, unknown world that threatens her life and her only chance of safety lies in the mysterious antique store owner Mister Noble, the last person to see her sister Sophia alive. Can she trust the handsome stranger to tell the truth or will he be her downfall?
Hard choices will have to be made, bonds will form, as dark secrets are uncovered, and death is always watching.

Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, I’ve written a fantasy romance which will have dark undertones. I’ve only got 4 chapters up. Its an adult fantasy story. So, if you would like to give it a try, here’s the link:

https://www.wattpad.com/story/183407145-dream

Title: Dreams of You

1 Like

Title: The First Lie

“The pack comes first.”

That was always something that nineteen-year-old Jillian Mortier and her two older siblings have been taught to live by. Despite her being content in her humanity, being able to serve her pack from the shadows was always the role she expected to have. The only thing that actually mattered to her was supporting her family and keeping them safe. But when she was thrust into a role she didn’t plan on taking, things started to unfold.

From the bizarre behavior of their current pack leaders including her brother to being plagued with strange visions–visions of blood, death, and destruction. It gave her no other choice. She needed to step up and take matters into her own hands because she was the only one who can.

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/659728688-the-first-lie-3

PS: I know its a werewolf story but mine tips more on dark fantasy than it being solely about werewolves. I hope you give it a shot.

1 Like

I have a dark fantasy romance you may enjoy.

Title: Beauty of a Crimson Soul
Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/159914915-beauty-of-a-crimson-soul
Summary:
“A dead therapist, how thoughtful.”
Ayden is the epitome of a stone cold man, only working to benefit himself. After a near death experience, he is sent the one thing he never thought was possible. A guardian angel. She comes to help him turn his life around, something Ayden is not too thrilled about. Despite this, she refuses to fail. What is considered forbidden between a human and an angel doesn’t stop her from falling in love with him.
Book One in the “Feathers and Flames” series.

Cover

20181229_094213_0001

1 Like

140313317-352-k1703
@totorowritesbooks
This is a modern day retelling of Hades and Persephone that I honestly love. :heart:

Title: Death and His Flower

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/541996640-🌸death-and-his-flower🌸-🌸authors-note-🌸

1 Like

Unknown

Title: Unknown

Book 1 of 5 in The Hundred Year Pentalogy

All small towns have their secrets and New Caney is no exception. Some towns are plagued with witches, while others are haunted by ghosts, but what the people of New Caney don’t know is that they’re living amongst lycanthrope.

17-year-old Naomi Chevah isn’t your average high school nobody. Not only is she fighting an internal battle against herself, she also has to endure the wrath of the people who are supposed to be her family. All she ever wanted was to be normal, to be just like everyone else. But maybe ‘normal’ just isn’t cut out for all of us. Naomi has to learn to accept who she truly is, or she’ll have to pay the price of denial, with her life.

Naomi’s world is already spinning out of control, but it all gets turned completely upside when a new pack shows up New Caney bringing along Lucas White. And just when it seems like there’s a light at the end of the tunnel it all caves in. How much can one girl take?

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/153739116-unknown

1 Like

Do you like urban fantasy? And what about mystery?

1 Like

Yes to urban fantasy as long it’s darker!

1 Like

Well… Mine is not 100% dark, so I’m afraid it doesn’t meet your standards

1 Like

I highly recommend Into the Underwood by @LittleBird317. It is an extremely well-written fantasy/lesbian romance that deals with darker themes. The characters are well-developed, the plot is highly engaging, and the prose are simply beautiful.

It tells the story of a young girl who has been sent to live in the English countryside during WWII. She gets lured into the forest and kidnapped by the king of the Underwood. As she grows up she makes discoveries about herself and this new world, and she must use this knowledge to try and escape. I’m not doing the story justice, but trust me that it is well worth your time!

2 Likes

I have over twenty completed mature romance works. I only share completed stories. You’ll find historical romance, romance sci-fi, romantic comedy and some that will pull and jerk on your emotions. Visit my profile to pick what you like. I have sc

https://www.wattpad.com/user/gracemadden1234

1 Like

I don’t do alot of dark stuff, but I do have a dark fantasy story that you might (perhaps) like. It also has a bit of Victorian steampunk in it, don’t know if you’re into that.

Anyway, I’ll leave you to decide: :wink:
https://www.wattpad.com/729850052-the-demon-of-saint-eli

The Demon of Saint-Eli:
When a young devout woman seek out his help, the mysterious private investigator Simeon Engels knows that something peculiar is happening behind the masquerade of the town’s most powerful man. But he will need to be careful… for justice can very easily be mistaken for bloodlust.

2 Likes

Barbara Gordon, daughter of the police commissioner, is determined to follow in her father’s footsteps. The same night a brutal murder occurs she meets Richard Grayson, son of the billionaire Bruce Wayne. Immediately, she knows something is off about him. His skin is too pale and his eyes burn a bright blue. As the murders continue and men begin disappearing around Gotham City, Barbara begins her own investigation into who- or what- is behind these slayings. However, as she gets closer to the truth she finds herself tangled in a game of mystery, the supernatural, and pure evil
https://www.wattpad.com/story/116674609-demon-of-the-night

1 Like